News and Developments for Future In-Person runDisney Events

I’m 99% sure there are not special rates for rundisney packages. In the past if you booked a bib and room (some also require tickets) through a TA you could get registered “early” and not deal with the race to get a bib before they sell out. But it wasn’t a better rate than whatever Disney had going at the time. (Sil and I did a package with a TA for princess last year before it got cancelled/made virtual.)

I’ve also never seen rD specific rates or packages. There are often some pretty decent deals (relative to WDW) that pop up for the week of Marathon Week because it’s generally during a suspected lull in attendance, but we’re in uncharted waters right now so I’m not sure what if any discounts to expect.

I’ve also never seen rD specific rates or packages. There are often some pretty decent deals (relative to WDW) that pop up for the week of Marathon Week because it’s generally during a suspected lull in attendance, but we’re in uncharted waters right now so I’m not sure what if any discounts to expect.
yeah, the only packages they ever offered were through Travel Agents - but apparently runDisney was looking into cancelling those even before the pandemic and my Travel Agents are telling me that they currently don't believe there will be any packages offered for these coming races. It could be because runDisney finally decided to do away with them or it was just a matter of the pandemic and the increased demand that they don't have to offer packages. I hope that is not true, because requiring hotels with Bibs would be a no brainer to keep going - it is the primary reason I stay on site, otherwise I can find cheaper rooms off-site, but I like getting my Bib through a TA the package deals.

yeah, the only packages they ever offered were through Travel Agents - but apparently runDisney was looking into cancelling those even before the pandemic and my Travel Agents are telling me that they currently don't believe there will be any packages offered for these coming races. It could be because runDisney finally decided to do away with them or it was just a matter of the pandemic and the increased demand that they don't have to offer packages. I hope that is not true, because requiring hotels with Bibs would be a no brainer to keep going - it is the primary reason I stay on site, otherwise I can find cheaper rooms off-site, but I like getting my Bib through a TA the package deals.

I'm a TA so I'll answer! There are no more 'TA packages' or deals. We have the ability to add the race registrations to a basic package (room only) or a package (room and tickets) before they go on sale to the general public. The only time I have seen a discount in the past few years is if you register for the next year's race at the Expo of the current year's race. Someone utilizing us to book the races will pay the same price whether or not they book themselves or we add it (with the exception of the fee on the website). Hope that helps :)

I'm a TA so I'll answer! There are no more 'TA packages' or deals. We have the ability to add the race registrations to a basic package (room only) or a package (room and tickets) before they go on sale to the general public. The only time I have seen a discount in the past few years is if you register for the next year's race at the Expo of the current year's race. Someone utilizing us to book the races will pay the same price whether or not they book themselves or we add it (with the exception of the fee on the website). Hope that helps :)
How far in advance are you able to add race regs to the packages?

How far in advance are you able to add race regs to the packages?

During 'normal' times, I can add next year's race right after the current's years race weekend. I can't recall right now if I've been able to add registrations at the start of the race weekend or the Monday after. Sometimes it's too far in advance because people aren't sure about going yet and the races are nonrefundable.

A LONG time ago, some of the races, like ToT 10 Miler and the OLD, FUN W&D had “host” resorts that you could book at registration and, if I recall, they were offering special rates. No more though. All resorts are “host” resorts (not sure about Hotel Blvd & Bonnet Creek areas), and “Special Rates”? 😀😀😀

That helps a lot. thanks. Regarding prices - I've actually seen cheaper prices through my TA then I could have booked myself. Maybe I was just lucky. I'm not talking huge discounts, but something.

Couple of questions - Are you being told anything about still getting bibs early, or can you speculate if they will give you an allotment of bibs at all this time? thanks

That helps a lot. thanks. Regarding prices - I've actually seen cheaper prices through my TA then I could have booked myself. Maybe I was just lucky. I'm not talking huge discounts, but something.

Couple of questions - Are you being told anything about still getting bibs early, or can you speculate if they will give you an allotment of bibs at all this time? thanks

The slight discount you may be seeing is because your TA is booking the race registration directly through RunDisney/Walt Disney Travel Company. When you get the race registration online, there's an extra fee associated with the website. I've seen charities sometimes have discounted prices but other than those, that would be the only explanation I have!

I do not unfortunately. I call RunDisney about once a week to see if they have any new information. I plan to give them a call this week to check up again. If the screenshots were correct and Marathon Weekend will go on sale on July 20th, we should be hearing more information very soon. What should happen, or has in the past, is that after the race is announced officially TA's are given an allotment of bibs to book from. The allotment will sell out, be restocked, etc until the allotment for TA's officially sells out when no one has anyway of knowing. I've had times where the races have sold out quickly, and others where I was able to get my clients bibs about a week after it opened to the public.

The slight discount you may be seeing is because your TA is booking the race registration directly through RunDisney/Walt Disney Travel Company. When you get the race registration online, there's an extra fee associated with the website. I've seen charities sometimes have discounted prices but other than those, that would be the only explanation I have!

I do not unfortunately. I call RunDisney about once a week to see if they have any new information. I plan to give them a call this week to check up again. If the screenshots were correct and Marathon Weekend will go on sale on July 20th, we should be hearing more information very soon. What should happen, or has in the past, is that after the race is announced officially TA's are given an allotment of bibs to book from. The allotment will sell out, be restocked, etc until the allotment for TA's officially sells out when no one has anyway of knowing. I've had times where the races have sold out quickly, and others where I was able to get my clients bibs about a week after it opened to the public.
Thank you so much for that additional insight. I hope they do provide you an allotment cause I know that's how your business works (or I assume) and it would suck for Disney to hurt the TAs. Crossing fingers and toes. Also, I'd appreciate if you get any new info that you'd let us know (if allowed). thanks again.

Thank you so much for that additional insight. I hope they do provide you an allotment cause I know that's how your business works (or I assume) and it would suck for Disney to hurt the TAs. Crossing fingers and toes. Also, I'd appreciate if you get any new info that you'd let us know (if allowed). thanks again.

You're welcome! I want the races back as much as y'all do. My first race was Princess in 2015 and I haven't stopped since!

I hope they do! Thank you for the extra luck :) I will let y'all know if I if find out anything important!

It is most definitely not fake or a photoshop job. Multiple people (including me) saw it on the rD site long enough to grab screen shots and investigate what links would lead to it from the event pages.
Same here: I couldn't pull Marathon, but I did see PHM last week. But I was not fast enough to grab a screen shot before the login screen came up!

So folks, your thinking is that this is a hint towards in person from Jan 2022?
And no chance of W and D in early November?
Nothing is confirmed at all right now. But what I'm getting from someone inside enough to be getting real info about what WDW/rD/Track Shack are discussing, but not inside enough to have full confirmation of anything, is that Jan. and beyond look to be a go for in-person racing; they say W&D hasn't been ruled out entirely, but definitely isn't as solid as Jan.

Same here: I couldn't pull Marathon, but I did see PHM last week. But I was not fast enough to grab a screen shot before the login screen came up!

Nothing is confirmed at all right now. But what I'm getting from someone inside enough to be getting real info about what WDW/rD/Track Shack are discussing, but not inside enough to have full confirmation of anything, is that Jan. and beyond look to be a go for in-person racing; they say W&D hasn't been ruled out entirely, but definitely isn't as solid as Jan.

I am happy to hear that W&D has not been ruled out b/c I am a CPA which means the other races are out of the question for me as I can't train during tax season. I am also new to running, just stated a year ago, and I was hoping W&D would be my first in person half. But I do wonder how realistic is it to hope for in 2021? Isn't it getting very close for registrations and travel plans? Prior to Covid what was the normal amount of time between announcement and the race?

I figure we will see an announcement some time this week. But that’s just speculation based off the cat being somewhat out of the bag. Speculation seems to have increased and I would think they’d like to quell all of that and get the actual details out as soon as they are allowed.

Then again, there’s still plenty of time before the prospective registration date that was unearthed so maybe they’ll take their time.

it really could go either way. they only gave us a couple of days for the summer series (not sure it that very short lead-up is normal for the summer series though?)

There’s still plenty of time on the Galloway plan for a November W&D 😀 And I’ll bet there’s still capacity at all resorts 😀

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter