News and Developments for Future In-Person runDisney Events

I assume club will get early registration like AP/DVC
in all honesty (and jealousy) I would hope they would at least offer some first serve options for people who had their races canceled 2 weeks before the dang race - like we did for the Star Wars weekend right after the start of pandemic. And they canceled the weekend completely on us...sigh.

also, now I have one month of sitting, fretting, worrying and whining. Dang, I'm gonna pass out.

Last edited:
As @azrivest notes in the Princess thread (and edit to add I didn't see @CP3uhoh also said this a few posts up):

View attachment 583075

View attachment 583076

January 6th through January 12th was the Marathon Weekend 2021 dates. Wednesday to Tuesday the following week (Castaway Challenge 5k was 1/12)
February 18th through February 21st were the Princess Weekend 2021 dates. Thursday to Sunday.

My guess is that the dates listed with these images from 2022 are simply carry-overs and may not be representative of the actual dates. But it's all just speculation.

I don't think that's an unreasonable inference, but the days match the dates - meaning, in 2022, Jan. 6 is a Thursday, whereas in 2021 it was a Wednesday. Just changing the dates to 2022 wouldn't change the days, too.

My instinct is that, if I had to guess, they've shifted everything a day later. Meaning:

Thurs., Jan. 6 - Expo
Fri, Jan. 7 - 5K
Sat., Jan. 8 - 10K
Sun., Jan. 9 - Half marathon
Mon., Jan. 10 - Full marathon

However, I can't figure out the last few days. I suspect the last day - Weds - is supposed to be for the Castaway Cay challenge, but the only currently listed cruises that will get you on Castaway Cay within a day or two of the weekend leave on Monday, making the marathon unlikely (unless you keep running after your 26.2 on to your reserved and waiting shuttle to Port Canaveral). There could be one that's not showing up as it's already sold out, but that's what I'm seeing.

I don't think that's an unreasonable inference, but the days match the dates - meaning, in 2022, Jan. 6 is a Thursday, whereas in 2021 it was a Wednesday. Just changing the dates to 2022 wouldn't change the days, too.

My instinct is that, if I had to guess, they've shifted everything a day later. Meaning:

Thurs., Jan. 6 - Expo
Fri, Jan. 7 - 5K
Sat., Jan. 8 - 10K

However, I can't figure out the last few days. I suspect the last day - Weds - is supposed to be for the Castaway Cay challenge, but the only currently listed cruises that will get you on Castaway Cay within a day or two of the weekend leave on Monday, making the marathon unlikely (unless you keep running after your 26.2 on to your reserved and waiting shuttle to Port Canaveral). There could be one that's not showing up as it's already sold out, but that's what I'm seeing.
I highly doubt that. I also believe the dates are just carryovers and the fact that it says Thursday, etc in words is just a by product of the numerical date and some algorithm extracting the Word date from that.....assuming that's what you are speculating about. Basically I think a dumb computer script got Thursday because the date said the 6th, and the 6th was last years date. Basically they changed the year but never bothered changing the day to correspond yet...they are working on it still.

Thurs., Jan. 6 - Expo
Fri, Jan. 7 - 5K
Sat., Jan. 8 - 10K

If I were to take a stab at it, I’d say it’s code that auto populates the day of the week based on the date. So they changed 2021 to 2022, and then in auto changed the day of the week from Wednesday to Thursday. But I’m just spitballing here.

It’s also entirely possible the dates are correct. But the Princess Weekend dates make me suspicious given that is President’s Weekend and the HM would be on Monday, Presidents Day.

Either way, it looks like we will know soon-ish.

If I were to take a stab at it, I’d say it’s code that auto populates the day of the week based on the date. So they changed 2021 to 2022, and then in auto changed the day of the week from Wednesday to Thursday. But I’m just spitballing here.

It’s also entirely possible the dates are correct. But the Princess Weekend dates make me suspicious given that is President’s Weekend and the HM would be on Monday, Presidents Day.

Came to say exactly this. The day of the week is likely auto populates based on the inputted date. Someone updated the year, but likely not the actually day yet.

This. They are populating some form of content template and the day of the week is populated with a date function.

Okay! I defer to you all! I do know it's not uncommon for them to make date mistakes, and think these are largely placeholders anyway.

IIRC, Boston is the only Monday marathon, with most other majors going on Sundays?

Hi guys! New to this page but not to RunDisney :)

So excited by this development! Just a thought on the graphic, it has 6 characters when I think they used to only use 5? Daisy seems to be a new addition…

Hello! I was wondering the same thing! Very interesting! Maybe they are replacing the 10k with Daisy? And Minnie will be for the Castaway Challenge?

So folks, your thinking is that this is a hint towards in person from Jan 2022?
And no chance of W and D in early November?
I'm asking because I'll soon have to make a call on whether to book flights, and i may not bother if no W and D is forthcoming.
(And obv the US needs to start letting people from Europe back in as well)

Last edited:
So folks, your thinking is that this is a hint towards in person from Jan 2022?
And no chance of W and D in early November?
I'm asking because I'll soon have to make a call on whether to book flights, and i may not bother if no W and D is forthcoming.
(And obv the US needs to start letting people from Europe back in as well)

People have been posting screenshots on Facebook. Most of them just mention Princess and Marathon. But I have seen a couple Screenshots that also mention Wine and Dine. We have a reservation that week too and I’m hoping that will be my first ever live race. But honestly, I’m not holding out too much hope for that one.

I'm seriously interested in the 2022 5k. This would be my first rundisney event. Would it be a good idea to book a room for this suspected week? Or does Disney release special packages that coincide with the events?

I'm seriously interested in the 2022 5k. This would be my first rundisney event. Would it be a good idea to book a room for this suspected week? Or does Disney release special packages that coincide with the events?
If you’re booking with a fully refundable deposit, yes. If 2022 brings us live runDisney races I think the demand is going to be incredibly high and rooms will book very quickly. I booked a room with DVC points for a hopeful marathon weekend back in February. I’d rather be sure to have a room when the news drops! I’m not sure but I think runDisney has a link to book “packages” with them on their website, but I’ve never done it and I don’t think it saves you much over other general offers they might have available. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong! Fingers crossed for your first runDisney race!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter