"Newest" Moms Hangout... take 2!

Well the thing about the sleep is it can change!!! DD has slept thru the night, and she's had nights where she woke up like 8 times, wanting to nurse. So many variables are at play, growth spurts, not feeling good, maybe they want to be with you, hunger, learning new skills will also send their sleep into a tailspin.

I know DD did start sleeping a lot better once I started putting her on her belly. Maybe that was like 4 or 5 months? Whenever she could easily roll both ways.

Right now she goes to bed at 730pm, wakes at 1 or 2 to nurse, and either I bring her in bed w/me or keep her in her crib and she'll sleep till 5. Then she's up for the day at like 630am. Some nights she nurses more, no reason that I can figure out but I do it of course. She does sleep longer in her crib now than if she is with me,it used to be the opposite but I think as she's gotten older she is more comfortable in the crib.

I hope we all get some rest tonigiht!

I have absolutely not idea what Lily's sleep pattern was 7 months ago...I can barely remember last night. =o)

So I'm up early. :laughing: Carys woke up a couple times this morning. Around 3 needing a diaper change and then around 5. I went in to her and she had her hands coming out the top of the swaddle. I'm thinking that I have to break her of the swaddle anyways, so I unswaddled her, and let her lay in her crib. I had to go in to her a few times and I could tell that she was still tired. She rubs her eyes, face and head. But it's more like scratching. That's also why I swaddle her so that she can't scratch herself. Anyways, I just reswaddled her in her crib and she's been quiet for the past 10 minutes. I'm not so sure about this not swaddling thing as it seems to calm her. She just seems so small in the crib not swaddled and she is all arms and legs. I think the flailing around keeps her up and she gets frustrated. And yes, she does get annoyed with the swaddle and gets her hands and legs out but I don't want her to not feel secure either. I know that there are those sleep sacks but again, her arms would be free. She isn't swaddled for naps, but then again, she doesn't nap in her crib, she naps in a bassinette type thing (that Fisher Price rocker - god send! but I know I have to break her of that too. naps should be in her crib. sigh, I'm doing everything wrong :laughing:) Anyone else swaddle and for how long? How did you break the habit?

Hulagirl, I swaddled both of my girls (Henry hated it from birth, likely cause he was naked in the hospital cause of his jaundice so he wasn't used to being swaddled). I don't remember exactly when we stopped with Madison, but I would say 4-5 nights. I *just* stopped swaddling Scarlett at almost 5 months, and only cause the swaddle blanket was dirty and so was my backup. I put her in a sleep sack and she did fine, but she has been waking overnight once or twice. Of course, I think that was more related to a cold she had, but who knows. I've been trying to get her into sleeping on her tummy as she occasionally flips to her belly in bed and is annoyed, but she wants no part of the belly sleeping. She is capable of flipping herself back over, but she doesn't and just cried for me instead.

Anyone else swaddle and for how long? How did you break the habit?

We swaddled DS until 3 months. He is a little over 4 months now. He starting getting an arm out at night while he was swaddled then getting both arms out so we decided to stop swaddling him. Also we wanted him to start excersizing his arms so he can start learning to flip and with him being swaddled he wasn't getting much strength in his arms but his legs are really strong now so we just wrap his legs at night to keep him from kicking around and to keep his legs warm when he is sleeping in a onesie. We tried using one of those halo wearable blankets that zip up can't think of the name right now but with him having such strong legs and kicking around that doesn't work for him and he stays awake unless we wrap his legs.

So I've ended up in the hospital and have to tell you that I am so tired of medical issues! While I was pregnant with Brynn I ended up with preeclampsia and ended up on bed rest for 7 weeks and wound up in the hospital twice. After having her I thought that things would return to 'normal', but life has apparently had other plans.
Friday night around 9:15 I got a horrible pain right below my sternum. I walked around the house for a bit, but then began having problems breathing. After 20-30 minutes of me refusing to go to the hospital my husband packed up the baby and we headed to the er.
To make a long story short I had/have a blood clot in my right lung. They have me on blood thinners and I am sooooo ready to go home, but they are keeping me for a few more days.
I just had to whine for a bit... Thank you for 'listening'.

So I'm up early. :laughing: Carys woke up a couple times this morning. Around 3 needing a diaper change and then around 5. I went in to her and she had her hands coming out the top of the swaddle. I'm thinking that I have to break her of the swaddle anyways, so I unswaddled her, and let her lay in her crib. I had to go in to her a few times and I could tell that she was still tired. She rubs her eyes, face and head. But it's more like scratching. That's also why I swaddle her so that she can't scratch herself. Anyways, I just reswaddled her in her crib and she's been quiet for the past 10 minutes. I'm not so sure about this not swaddling thing as it seems to calm her. She just seems so small in the crib not swaddled and she is all arms and legs. I think the flailing around keeps her up and she gets frustrated. And yes, she does get annoyed with the swaddle and gets her hands and legs out but I don't want her to not feel secure either. I know that there are those sleep sacks but again, her arms would be free. She isn't swaddled for naps, but then again, she doesn't nap in her crib, she naps in a bassinette type thing (that Fisher Price rocker - god send! but I know I have to break her of that too. naps should be in her crib. sigh, I'm doing everything wrong :laughing:) Anyone else swaddle and for how long? How did you break the habit?

I didn't read one thing here you wrote that I felt was even close to wrong. You're doing great. I would swaddle a 4 year old if it was the only thing that worked! lol ;)

Lauren I hope you are feeling better very soon! Feel free to vent away!:hug::hug:

OMG I just saw a little tiny baby and thought, "Awww, I almost want another one of those!"

AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! NNNNNOOOOOOO!

So I've ended up in the hospital and have to tell you that I am so tired of medical issues! While I was pregnant with Brynn I ended up with preeclampsia and ended up on bed rest for 7 weeks and wound up in the hospital twice. After having her I thought that things would return to 'normal', but life has apparently had other plans.
Friday night around 9:15 I got a horrible pain right below my sternum. I walked around the house for a bit, but then began having problems breathing. After 20-30 minutes of me refusing to go to the hospital my husband packed up the baby and we headed to the er.
To make a long story short I had/have a blood clot in my right lung. They have me on blood thinners and I am sooooo ready to go home, but they are keeping me for a few more days.
I just had to whine for a bit... Thank you for 'listening'.

Oh no, I hope everything is okay now! It must be really stressful between having a newborn and having medical issues. Do they think the blood clot has anything to do with the pre-eclampsia/delivery?

One of my coworkers daughter's had post-eclampsia, exactly the same as pre-eclampsia, but it happens after the baby is born. I had never heard of that, and apparently it is really rare.

Lauren - Soooo sorry to hear about ending up back in the hospital! I hope things are okay now and you can get back home soon.

Oh no, I hope everything is okay now! It must be really stressful between having a newborn and having medical issues. Do they think the blood clot has anything to do with the pre-eclampsia/delivery?

One of my coworkers daughter's had post-eclampsia, exactly the same as pre-eclampsia, but it happens after the baby is born. I had never heard of that, and apparently it is really rare.

Thanks for your concern. Yes, they are pretty certain that the pregnancy had something to do with it.... The doctors think that it was from one of three things: The pregnancy itself, the c-section or the pre-eclampsia. I have to be honest with you, I don't care why it happened, I just want to go home.....

Both my mom and my mother-in-law flew out to be with my husband and the baby. We both appreciate their help, but I think my poor husband is about to go crazy with all their 'advice'.

Last night E had green beans for the first time. Didn't like them as much as bananas or sweet potatoes, but he eventually ate them all. I have to show you the pic I took of his beans....

35693_1526840856066_1386027354_1410604_4062522_n.jpg

That was the only ice cube tray I could find to freeze them in! Nothing says "love" like pureed green beans!!

Last night E had green beans for the first time. Didn't like them as much as bananas or sweet potatoes, but he eventually ate them all. I have to show you the pic I took of his beans....

That was the only ice cube tray I could find to freeze them in! Nothing says "love" like pureed green beans!!

:laughing: love it!!!

I'm going to see Eclipse tonight!!!! I can't wait. DH and I were going to go on Saturday and my mom was going to babysit, but my friend called me this morning and said "today's the day! (yeah, we're big dorks and have been waiting for this day forever!!!!) do you want to go tonight?" So we are going to the 8:30 show. I will get Carys into bed and DH will just listen for her to make sure she doesn't fuss or need her paci. I can't believe that I'm going out! :laughing:

Love the ice cube tray! Evan didn't like green beans that much the first time either. I think it's because the skin of the beans are harder to puree and so the texture was what he didn't like. He's now had them more often and scarfs them down along with the rest of his food!

Starting off to say that DH and I are going to get the advice of our Pediatrican but wanted to hear your thoughts here.

Here are DS info:

He is 4 1/2 months old
Weights 13lbs 14oz

He eats between 8 - 10 times a day
Eating between 2oz - 6oz at feedings
Adding to a total between 24oz - 31oz in 24hrs

He goes to sleep for naps and at night without a problem. We feed him a bottle, change him, then rock him to sleep.
He does not sleep thru the night
He wakes up 2 times a night but goes right to sleep after a feeding and change. He does wake up crying and eats though like we haven't feed him in days during those night feedings. He eats between 2oz - 4oz very quickly.
He goes to sleep at 9pm wakes at 12:00 then again at 3am where he likes to stay awake until about 6am where he naps.
He naps again around 9:30am, and 2:00pm. It varies when he sleeps after that before his 9pm sleep.
Tried getting him to sleep earlier but does not like to sleep for the night when the sun is still out. If he sleeps it is like a nap for only a half hour to an hour then he is up until tired again which is usually 9pm.

He also seems to get a light constipation every week. He poops everyday but it can be very solid at times which may push what time he pushes back so it takes longer for him to poop.

~ So what would you recommend to get him to sleep earlier and stay asleep?
~ How do you recommend he eat more at a feeding and up his ounces?
~ What do you think of his constipation?

Have you tried soothing him back to sleep in the middle of the night without feeding him? How long are his naps during the day? Do you have blackout shades in his room, so he doens't know if the sun is out or not?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter