Newby to DCL

Arthur2990

P-p-please, Raoul. I can give you DVC.
I have never done a DCL and only 1 cruise back in 2003. So I know almost nothing about DCL and like to do research on my before asking what might seem like duh kind of questions. Is there a good tread or site that gives the basics of DCL?

The FAQ thread stickied at the top of this formum has a lot of great information as well as links to even more information on a variety of topics.

The disneycruiselineblog website can also be a good place to learn.

Im a newbie to Disney cruise too, I am booked on my first cruise on Disney Magic ship in September 2020.

The main places I have been using for research are

1.Disney Cruise Official Website
This has a huge amount of information, deck plans, restaurants , shows etc. You can also research the different ports, routes and port excursions.
2. Disboards Cruise Section
I literally just took a few weeks and read back through about 200 pages, back to about 2017. Before that any information will now be out of date. I kept a notepad handy and wrote down notes as I read through the threads.
3. Disboards Cruise Meets and Cruise Trip Reports Sections
Again I just read back through various cruise meets threads and trip reports. Members here on Dis are really great for first hand information about all the cruises and routes.
4. https://disneycruiselineblog.com
This website has an amazing archive of Personal Navigators from all the ships and all the routes. The previous personal navigators from the various routes and ports will give you huge amounts of information.
5. YouTube
There are a huge amount of people who post all sorts of Disney Cruise videos on YouTube. Just search by ship name and 2019 to get the most recent videos about all aspects of the ships

One thing to keep in mind is that DCL cruising requires almost none of the crazy planning going to a park requires. Pick a dinner time, pick excursions or not (DCL or not), decide if you want to do any specialty dining (Palo/Remy). That's about it.

If you have a young one, there are character meets and the BBBoutique but we never bothered, ditto with all the drink tastings. Used to do spa stuff but I can spend that money better at my spa at home. We like room slight aft of mid-ship stairs, two floors down from pool deck. But everyone likes different things. You won't know til you cruise.

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter