Newbie; Check my plans, PLEASE #4

sassydisneymom

Mouseketeer
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey there, Hi there, Ho there, Hope your as happy as can be!!!! ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

My family and I will be taking our first trip to WDW June 26 thru July 3 2005. There is 4 of us, DH,DS(13), DS(3), and myself. :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy:
We are staying at the ASMovie resort. We are on DYW package, and have park hopper tickets.
Can you tell me how my plans sound and if there is anything you would change or add to make this the most "MAGICAL" experinece it can be. I really appreciate all your input.

I have so much enjoyed these boards and the magical people I have met so far. I've learned so much, only hope to learn and grow more each time I am here.

Thank you in advance, And I'm sorry it's such a long thread.
Karen :earsgirl:

Sunday We are driving in from Texas; (no plans) arrive checkout hotel, pool, ect....
Monday
AK-drive ourselves, PS at 8:10am w/donald
leave park by 2pm
MGM- drive ourselves-dinner at 5:10pm PS prime time
Stay for fantasmic
Tuesday
MK-take bus- early
leave park by 2pm
Hoop Dee- drive ourselves- be there by 6:45pm PS
after dinner maybe AK or Downtown Disney
(if not too tired)
Wednesday
no early plans; may go to beach nearby??
(may get FP if can for MK stuff)
MK- whenever- take bus
Dinner Royal Table 8:10pm PS
stay for EMH until 1am
Thursday
Epcot- World showcase- drive ourselves- later around 11am
leave park by 3pm or 4pm
Dinner 8:30 PS Ohana (window seat )watch Spectro at 9pm
(MAYBE if not too tired)
Epcot EMH future world until 12am
Friday
Epcot-drive ourselves-Future World early(if didn't stay the night before)
this day depends on night before
maybe go to oulet mall, beach(if haven't done so already)
Saturday
MGM-drive ourselves- early
lunch PS Sci Fi, 12:30pm
break by 2pm
evening do things we missed or want to do again (anywhere)
Sunday
breakfast 8:40am PS Chef Mickey's
Drive Home :sad2:

Your plans look fine to me. But...you seem to be "driving yourselves" a lot. The buses aren't that bad. Really! The only time we drive is if we have a PS at a resort restaurant or if we go off property. My son and his wife were CMs in the College Program at WDW. They usually travel to WDW with us and even they use the buses most of the time while we're there. And they KNOW the roads.

Driving around WDW can be a little daunting, especially for first time visitors. If you feel compelled to drive yourselves almost everywhere, make sure you have a good map of WDW roads.

NOTE: Remember your parking row! (You'd be amazed how many people "lose" their cars in those humongous lots.) And bring an antenna topper - it saves time.

DisFlan

First of all, forgiveness from all please, :love: :love:
I posted this same thread on several different forms so I could be sure to get the most advise possible. Needing all that I can get.

Correct me if I'm wrong, please. :confused3

I understood we are going at one of the busiest times of year. And that also, staying at ASMovie resort, this was last resort to be picked up on Value resorts bus line.
And, because we are staying on property, parking was free where ever in "world" we were going.
So with all that in mind, I thought it would be more convient and time saving to drive ourselves around then it would be to take the buses. With the exception on MK. I've read this park is a booger if you drive yourself.

So am I wrong?? I have no idea, being our first time and all. :confused3

Gosh, you people are so wonderful!!! :love: :love:

Ok, it's wishes we can see from dinner, got it!!
Also, I don't have PS's everyday, Friday is open.

I've read and read and read, and everything I've read always say to start early, before crowds and hot weather, break, then enjoy cooler evenings. Is this not the way to do it? :confused3 :confused3
On the evenings that I plan on staying later in the parks, I've tried to make the next mornings not a early one.

And belive me, MK is our favorite I'm sure, and we plan to take full advantage of our first morning and also EMH on wednesday night.

Thanks again, soooooooo very much.
I just love these boards!!!
Karen :earsgirl:

I've only been to WDW once during the mid-summer. It is really hot out there, but I wouldn't leave the parks. I typically just try to have lunch and then take in some of the shows and do the indoor type stuff (spend as little time outsides as possible).

Just from glancing over your plan, it looks like some days you are arriving at the park and only planning to stay a couple of hours then leave. It's really hard to see much with only a few hours in the park. There are plenty of indoor type things to do at the parks.

Also, at the ASMo resort, if you request to stay in the Mighty Ducks buildings, those are right next to the ASMu resort. So you would have pretty close access to take the ASMu buses as well as the ASMo buses. :teeth:

I'm sure you will get lots of good feedback from everyone.

First of all........take it easy!!!!
WDW is way too big to get to do everything and see everything, especially on your first trip. I'm sure you noticed that most of here on the DIS go back a couple of times...... :rotfl:
You are correct to try to get to the parks early. We have gone in June and are going again next month. We stay until around 11am to noon before the heat and the really big crowd arrives. Another poster said to stay in the park and just do things like shows, etc. that are inside and cool. We like to go back to our hotel and relax and then go to another park later in the day. Just make sure everyone drinks a LOT of water. I understand from others that you can get a cup of ice and water from any stand in WDW for free. Don't let anyone get dehydrated and be careful in the sun....use sunscreen.
You WILL have a wonderful time. Use Fast Passes often to save time. You WILL get tired from all the walking. Newcomers have no idea how much walking there is every day. Wear relaxing foot wear and don't push yourselves. If someone is getting hot and tired go back to your hotel for a while.
A lot of people prefer to drive, but as someone noted the traffic at WDW is pretty heavy and if you are not familiar with the roads that can mess up your vacation. The buses are fine. Sure they will be crowded if you travel at peak times. But when I am on vacation the last thing I want to do is drive. As someone also noted, the parking lots are HUGE. My very first trip...let's just say over 25 years ago.......we had a rented car and did not make note of where we parked. To this day I have no idea how we found the car!
Ask any questions, check out allearsnet.com and mousesaver.com.
Have a wonderful trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:cool1:

sassydisneymom- Give the busses at least a try. If it's a hassle, you've still got your car.

As wdwgoofee said, prepare to walk! Last trip, we figured we walked between 10 and 13 miles a day. And you'll be doing this is VERY hot weather. Hydrate well.

I know you'll have a wonderful time. Enjoy!

DisFlan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter