New York Port

jeanmonti

Earning My Ears
Has anyone taken an Uber from the New York port to LaGuardia? How did that go? Rather than pay $200 for the Disney bus for what appears to be a short ride I thought an Uber would be a better way to go. (It would be a Wednesday morning.)

There’s a taxi station right outside the port. That’s what we took. I think it was $50. Not sure about Uber.

It may appear geographically to be a short ride...but my understanding is that it takes about an hour due to traffic.

Yes. La Guardia is probably closer to 45 min. We came from JFK which took about 20 min longer. It was brutal.

Has anyone taken an Uber from the New York port to LaGuardia? How did that go? Rather than pay $200 for the Disney bus for what appears to be a short ride I thought an Uber would be a better way to go. (It would be a Wednesday morning.)

Mid level of the cruise terminal has tons of taxi's lined up. It should be no problem getting a ride to LaGuardia.

MJ

I would recommend Lyft to get to LGA we took it coming back to Midtown from WDW on Sunday and it was about $40.

Yes. La Guardia is probably closer to 45 min. We came from JFK which took about 20 min longer. It was brutal.

If you get to LGA in 45 minutes from the port, I want to know what kind of miracle you paid for. LGA is a cluster right now with construction.

It may appear geographically to be a short ride...but my understanding is that it takes about an hour due to traffic.

MINIMUM. I'd honestly budget 2 to be safe. LGA is a hot mess with construction and road closures and stuff right now.

I don't know how Uber/Lyft work it, BUT, it may be easier to leave the terminal and cross the street. That way when the car picks you up you'll be heading north (which is the way I'd get to Laguardia). Many car services will meet you across the street. Also, it may be worth checking out a car service to see if they have a set rate for the port to the airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter