New Years at DL

TnRobin

The prodical child
Okay, I have official gotten the DL bug. We had our first trip in March and I am hooked. Yes WDW will be my first love, but I think I will have to try Californian a few more times. :)

My question: Is New Years as crowded at DL as it is at WDW. I am trying to decide between the week before the week of Xmas (Dec 16 - 22, 2002) or maybe the week after Xmas (Dec 29 - Jan 3, 2002). I prefer the New years time because it will be mine and DH's 10th anniversary, but really do not like that shoulder to shoulder feel you can get at the holidays.

Yeah - I need to know about the days right after Christmas too. My DB & his wife want to take their triplets (age 4) and their 10 year old then. (They will be in So. Cal anyway, so they'd like to go then.) I wouldn't even consider that time of year - but does somebody have experience regarding this? They have their hearts set on it, I'd like to help them find the right day(s) to go. Thanks for any input!

I went a few years ago right after Christmas, before fast pass, and it was awful! We left a day early because you could barely walk and the wait times for the rides were 4 and 5 hours. I have been to DL many times and never have seen it that crowded. Sorry!

I've been there for New Year's three times. Each time, it's been worse than any other holiday period I've ever seen, but without a doubt, the worst was for (no surprise) the millenium eve. It was so crowded near the castle that I had a real concern about one of our kids getting knocked down and lost or trampled. That's the extreme case. During the other times, it's very crowded, but also a lot of fun.

On January 1st, on the other hand, you can throw a baseball down the middle of main street and not hit anyone.

Gary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!