New Year, New Beginnings - January 2022 W.I.S.H thread

Happy Friday!!! No plans for the weekend. Not sure if I will be taking DD to the doctor today. She wasn't doing good when she first got home yesterday but I didn't have her take the anti-dizzy meds when she got home and as the night went on she perked up more. Now I just need to see how dizzy she gets. Just waiting for her to wake up. The kids are off today because it is the last day of the quarter. It gives the teachers a day to get everything caught up and grades entered. They are also off on Monday for the holiday. Hopefully by the time she goes back next week she will be much better.

I woke up this morning pretty congested. I am not sure if I should test myself or not. DS was a close contact but other then that I really haven't seen anyone. Well except the 2 times I took DD to the doctor. We will see how things go today.

Week is going good for me. I LOVE having the meal template, I have plan for what we will cook next week done in minutes today and will do the shopping list tonight after work. It's sooo much easier to have theme days
Fish
One pot/instant pot
Mexican
Rice
Pasta or Noodle
Pizza or Sushi

Having menu with different things each morning works well too. I love having the same thing every morning until I don't and than I don't have any idea what to do. This way I am getting variety of things

Week is going good for me. I LOVE having the meal template, I have plan for what we will cook next week done in minutes today and will do the shopping list tonight after work. It's sooo much easier to have theme days
Fish
One pot/instant pot
Mexican
Rice
Pasta or Noodle
Pizza or Sushi

Having menu with different things each morning works well too. I love having the same thing every morning until I don't and than I don't have any idea what to do. This way I am getting variety of things
I really like the idea of a meal template-I could do something like this-
Fish
Pasta or casserole
Meatless
Something roasted/grilled (pork tenderloin, steak, chicken
Soup
Pizza (Fridays?)
Crockpot

Would make planning and shopping a little easier.

This has been a week. So many people are struggling with 're-entry' post-holiday, myself included. I've noticed a pattern in my days: early I'm tired but OK, mid-day there's escalation of stress/anxiety and emotional spinning, late in the day I've worked thru it and gotten things done and by evening I'm feeling pretty OK but tired. I think the key to keeping it together has been talking to other people, including a team meeting yesterday where we dropped the planned agenda and talked about anxiety. It was good for me, and hopefully good for the others as well.

I head up to Port Townsend tomorrow for an over-nighter. Planning on getting plenty of out doors time, easy to do there with so many parks and beaches to choose from. Meeting my Niece somewhere for dinner tomorrow evening, so that will be a good chat. The skies cleared md-day yesterday and we are to be dry thru the weekend, so really happy my weekend plans align with that.

Monday is a company holiday, but I am going to sign in for an hour or two to take some quiet time to actually get a couple deliverables done.

I really like the idea of a meal template-I could do something like this-
Fish
Pasta or casserole
Meatless
Something roasted/grilled (pork tenderloin, steak, chicken
Soup
Pizza (Fridays?)
Crockpot

Would make planning and shopping a little easier.

Our grill day is Saturday. Either grill or we buy ready made roast chicken. It's only our 4th week to use the template but we find the decision making so much easier and quicker, and from there shopping list is quicker to do. And it's not as strict as having full week set up menu - everyone still get some say

I just hope if I have more health issues this year my husband and son will be able to follow the template, even if its' something as pasta & pesto and some chicken or curry made with sauce from a jar. It's better than takeways every night. Hopefully it doesn't come to that but after the last few years, I will feel more prepared.

Last edited:
I actually used to get really stressed Saturdays as if we have to bring our son to 2 or 3 activities, get the shopping done, clean up little bit and have no meal planned we ate out for lunch and dinner! Now I have acknowledged there is not going to be a lot of cooking happening, roast chicken and ready made salads or some marinated meat from the butcher on the grill seems just perfect solution for the day.

Hope everyone is doing well. I have been feeling ill since Monday night so kind of trying to jump back in here. Could not schedule a test until next Tuesday which seemed beyond pointless as I am already on the mend. No one has had close contacts and DD was the first one not feeling good (croup on Sunday) so who knows. I've kept her home this week...no one wants to deal with croup. Everyone is as vaxxed as can be given their ages and DH and the DSs where masks at work and school. Since my office is my living room no issue there...been laying low and having groceries delivered.

Had to postpone DS9 tooth extraction today because he woke up with a tickle in his throat. They were able to reschedule for 2 weeks so still on schedule with the orthodontist.

DD is in a mood today...I think she is tired of being stuck home. But the school said she is cleared to go back Tuesday so there's that.

Back to work. Hoping my nose clears up soon...

Hope everyone is doing well. I have been feeling ill since Monday night so kind of trying to jump back in here. Could not schedule a test until next Tuesday which seemed beyond pointless as I am already on the mend. No one has had close contacts and DD was the first one not feeling good (croup on Sunday) so who knows. I've kept her home this week...no one wants to deal with croup. Everyone is as vaxxed as can be given their ages and DH and the DSs where masks at work and school. Since my office is my living room no issue there...been laying low and having groceries delivered.

Had to postpone DS9 tooth extraction today because he woke up with a tickle in his throat. They were able to reschedule for 2 weeks so still on schedule with the orthodontist.

DD is in a mood today...I think she is tired of being stuck home. But the school said she is cleared to go back Tuesday so there's that.

Hope you’re all feeling better soon.

I took DD to the doctor again this morning. I did test before I went to make sure I don't have covid. I don't and think I have what DD has. No real answers from the doctor about DD. They are seeing a lot of kids that are getting viruses that are just lingering longer then they should. They are contributing this to Covid and the isolation/masking that has gone on and there immune systems just are not as good as they once were.

It could also be that she had Covid and never tested positive. Her symptoms are consistent with Covid. They can't test for antibodies either to check. If you are vaccinated you won't know if the antibodies are from Covid or the vaccine.

It can also be anxiety from being sick. Plus today is the end of the quarter and DD was shooting for a 4.0 and I think was putting some stress on herself to hit this. She should get it. With having 2 honor classes that have a higher GPA this might cover her 1 B that she will have. She was only 2 points away from an A in Spanish. But she is pushing herself a lot. She sees her therapist on Wednesday.

The doctor also mentioned that it could be her birth control pills. She just started last month for her extremely heavy periods. I called the OB like the pediatrician said. The OB does not think it is the birth control. They think it is from the virus or her antibiotic. I don't think it is the antibiotic. She has been on this one many times over the 14 years. It was the go to since we thought she was allergic to amoxicillin.

So we are really still at we don't know what is going on. I am guessing it is anxiety though. If you ask her she will deny this and say she is fine. I think she just does not realize it. She is doing better today. She is not so tired and has been very talkative today. She is not acting like she is sick or dizzy but telling me she is.

Hope you guys start feeling better!

Sorry you're not feeling well. Speedy recovery.

I took DD to the doctor again this morning. I did test before I went to make sure I don't have covid. I don't and think I have what DD has. No real answers from the doctor about DD. They are seeing a lot of kids that are getting viruses that are just lingering longer then they should. They are contributing this to Covid and the isolation/masking that has gone on and there immune systems just are not as good as they once were.

It could also be that she had Covid and never tested positive. Her symptoms are consistent with Covid. They can't test for antibodies either to check. If you are vaccinated you won't know if the antibodies are from Covid or the vaccine.

It can also be anxiety from being sick. Plus today is the end of the quarter and DD was shooting for a 4.0 and I think was putting some stress on herself to hit this. She should get it. With having 2 honor classes that have a higher GPA this might cover her 1 B that she will have. She was only 2 points away from an A in Spanish. But she is pushing herself a lot. She sees her therapist on Wednesday.

The doctor also mentioned that it could be her birth control pills. She just started last month for her extremely heavy periods. I called the OB like the pediatrician said. The OB does not think it is the birth control. They think it is from the virus or her antibiotic. I don't think it is the antibiotic. She has been on this one many times over the 14 years. It was the go to since we thought she was allergic to amoxicillin.

So we are really still at we don't know what is going on. I am guessing it is anxiety though. If you ask her she will deny this and say she is fine. I think she just does not realize it. She is doing better today. She is not so tired and has been very talkative today. She is not acting like she is sick or dizzy but telling me she is.
Your DD needs a break. I hope everything gets better for her and you.

It was a pretty good week. I'm getting in the swing of things with Noom again. I log all my meals, and I have stayed on track with eating. I have to weigh myself daily which I don't love because the scale fluctuates naturally. I took measurements this morning so that I have another way to monitor progress besides the scale. I could exercise more, but my knees hurt which causes me to take it easy more than I should. Instead of having to read lessons, Noom now offers recordings that we can listen to which I really prefer.

School has been nuts with all of the covid cases. Kids and teachers are dropping like flies. And yet the demands continue to overwhelm. It's just A LOT.

As Covid cases have been increasing, one of my students got diarrhea in the bathroom today. The protocol is for them to get their things and go directly to the nurse and go home. I sprayed disinfectant in the bathroom and told the kids to avoid the bathroom for about 30 minutes. Later in the day, I opened the bathroom door and discovered that one of my students treated the bathroom like a crime scene using toilet paper like police tape! LOL…
F438AC8D-11A0-418B-9920-3C995607C323.jpeg

Daily fluctuations are very normal but very annoying. I am half pound up from yesterday and I ate in deficit. But weighing daily, I look at the lowest weight of the week (average will be more accurate) and only revise once weekly. After first few weeks it's like that, it would be lovely to see it always go down but seeing the fluctuations help

No zumba for me today, my legs are sore from pilates/yoga. I am debating to go groceries shopping in the morning vs just to go to a nice small shop nearby and get roast chicken, good wholegrain sourdough bread and salads.

Have a good weekend all

It's 6 degrees here today...I don't even know the windchill factor.🥶 I wish I didn't have to go out, but I have my long awaited highlights/haircut appointment today. She made me go 11 weeks which is about 3 weeks too long, but she insists that I need enough growth to do the foils. I'm going to try to make my next appointment for 9 weeks next time. I hate walking around with my dirty blonde roots which look brown in comparison to my highlights. I know it's in style...I've seen blonde wigs with roots...but I hate it on me. Anyway, I will brave the frigid temperatures in order to look beautiful again...first world problems.

I dropped 3/4's of a pound since yesterday which gives me so much joy until I step on the scale for the next couple of days watching it go back up or stay the same. I need to get over this numbers thing because according to some studies, people who weigh in daily lose more weight than people who do not. I guess I just need to learn how to ride the wave.🌊

Yay for everyone losing this week! I weigh in Tuesday.

I struggle with how often to weigh myself. I know daily fluctuations are normal and it’s possible to go a week without losing anything even when staying on track, but that scale has way too much power over me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!