New Yavn Speaks 1/11/08!! News on magic & stuff for sale 1/12/08 (Merged).

anya.sparrow

No longer earning my VMK stuff :(,
Run don't walk to the VMK home page. :rotfl:

For sale: Main street magic hat table, Haunted Mansion Top Hat, Snowman magic (Single and Unlimited Use), confetti magic (Single and Unlimited Use). Yavn says that more is coming out later this month and we really should save some credits for towards the end of the month.

It sounds like it is definitely a Main Street Magic Shop that is coming. Woot.

And Fireworks Fridays are coming! Double credits. Glad I am getting back into that game ;)

He posted a few very cool rooms from the Gingerbread contest. They are so creative.

And, the Hidden Mickey Quest is soon to be gone, so I guess I better find that last one, huh? lol Yavn said it will be replaced by something else.

Woot for news and new stuff!

Live and direct from VMK Central with the latest news, rabbits and anything else he can pull out of his hat, the world's greatest magician – ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, heeeeeeere's Yavn!

Happy New Year!

It's finally 2008 and after a relaxing holiday of pie-eating and present opening the entire VMK staff are back making magic – in fact, the guys have been conjuring up some really cool stuff! Like a magical new addition to the Kingdom that we'll unveil very soon.

YavnSpeaks-2007-11-09-MagicBillboard.jpg

Maybe you say the hint we dropped last week about where this magical new addition will appear?

With all this talk of magic, you were probably wondering why we hadn't released any of it yet – well, if you were like me, after buying all that cool Gingerbread stuff and a few surprise gifts in December, you're a little short on credits right now. So we delayed the release of the magic items to give you a chance to build up your bank.
While I can't make credits magical appear, I can help you earn more of them. For starters I've asked the Yeti give us a rundown of where we can find credits (this will be especially helpful for new players) and starting next week we'll be having Fireworks Fridays, where the rewards for the Fireworks remixed game is doubled! (Don't worry we've fixed the bugs with the game - if you haven't played in a while, check it out – it plays better than ever!)
Plus, we'll have other opportunities for you to earn extra credits, so stay tuned for more info about that. In the meantime, get to playing those games and earning credits!

What's Up Yavn's Sleeve?

Magic! That's what's up my sleeve, and we're finally releasing some of it this weekend! Like the Main Street Magic Shop Table and Hat Trick!
EventInfo-2007-12-13-MagicHatA.jpg.jpg

As we work our way through this magical month you'll see both new and old magic released, so budget wisely. Trust me, later in the month you'll want to have some extra credits handy. But be sure and take a look at the Event Info section for a full run down of the items releasing this weekend.

What's Cooking in VMK?

Gingerbread! And our Host have been hard at work judging the Gingerbread Competition and will be working into the weekend finishing the judging. So if your room hasn't been judged yet, don't worry it will be.
I must say, you guys cooked up some amazing rooms! Myself and the rest of the VMK staff have been really impressed with what you did with those pieces! Speaking of that, I promised you a peek at some of the rooms that made it into the competition, so let's take a few now.
Remember the contest was a Gingerbread House/Holiday Room Building Competition so that's why you'll see more than just gingerbread houses here – let's take a look at some of those rooms:

YavnSpeaks-2008-01-11-FleacircusAcrobat.jpg

FleacircusAcrobat built this nifty house, at first glance it looks simple but check out those awnings and multi-leveled roof work!

YavnSpeaks-2008-01-11-jjfan.jpg

What's a holiday without Mickey Mouse? JJfan made this awesome one out of Gumdrops and candy pieces. Ummm, gumdrops.

YavnSpeaks-2008-01-11-engineer.jpg

Several of you built trains with the gingerbread pieces, now that's a great idea! Here's one that was submitted by Engineer! All aboard!

YavnSpeaks-2008-01-11-JungleCruise.jpg

Finally, check out Pluto! Not only did he get a lollipop, but Santa brought him a nice bone too! Nice work jungle-cruse.

These are just a few of the rooms submitted. I wish I could show them all to you but space and time simple doesn't allow me to do that. For everyone that submitted, thanks so much for participating – you did a great job!

Hopefully the judging will stay on track over the weekend and we'll announce the winners next week. So stay tuned&
The Hidden Mickey Quest
& Other Unfinished Business

Before I go, one more thing I need to mention, in addition to that magical new addition to Main Street we've got other updates coming to the Kingdom. That said for those of you that haven't completed the Hidden Mickey Quest yet, you may want to get going on that, as we'll be replacing the Hidden Mickey Quest with something else very soon.
Be sure to keep watching the Event Info section for announcements about new releases and join me again in a few days when we announce the Gingerbread Competition winners and more magical news!
See you in the game,
Yavn

Believe... In Magic!

It's a Magical New Year and VMK is kicking it off with magic items both old and new! Abracadabra! Alakazam! It's Magic month!
Check out these items!

EventInfo-2008-1-11-MainStreetMagicShopTable.jpg
EventInfo-2008-1-11-HauntedMansionTopHat.jpg

Main Street Magic Shop Table *
(Available in Emporium Specials)
Haunted Mansion Top Hat *
EventInfo-2008-1-11-ConfettiMagic.jpg
EventInfo-2008-1-11-SnowmanMagic.jpg

Confetti Magic *
(Single & Unlimited Use)

Snowman Magic *
(Single & Unlimited Use)

EventInfo-2008-1-11-BatMagic.jpg

Turn into Bat Magic *
(Single & Unlimited Use)

* Items available in-game starting 01/12/08
January is Magical New Year month.
Check the Community Calendar for more events, details and event times.

my renewed obsession with fireworks is going to pay off muahahaha WOOT

I feel a cold coming on next friday ROFL

Run don't walk to the VMK home page. :rotfl:

For sale: Main street magic hat table, Haunted Mansion Top Hat, Snowman magic (Single and Unlimited Use), confetti magic (Single and Unlimited Use). Yavn says that more is coming out later this month and we really should save some credits for towards the end of the month.

It sounds like it is definitely a Main Street Magic Shop that is coming. Woot.

And Fireworks Fridays are coming! Double credits. Glad I am getting back into that game ;)

He posted a few very cool rooms from the Gingerbread contest. They are so creative.

And, the Hidden Mickey Quest is soon to be gone, so I guess I better find that last one, huh? lol Yavn said it will be replaced by something else.

Woot for news and new stuff!

I agree about the Magic Shop. Hmm hidden mickeys are going away and where do you start that quest-VMK Central! I think VMK Central will go away and there will be the new magic shop.

Bug

I agree about the Magic Shop. Hmm hidden mickeys are going away and where do you start that quest-VMK Central! I think VMK Central will go away and there will be the new magic shop.

Bug

Yes, I agree. I stated that was the reason for the delay in removing the holiday decorations do to receiving a new overlay. Awesome cant wait. :)

Hi,

Thanks for the news and updates! I think this month will be great. :) I can't wait until Firework Fridays! :)

-slinkyman

I am glad I did not buy any magic during the month of October and December.

Whee fireworks time.

Now, even though, I suck.... I can get 800 credits per game! hehe.

This month is starting to look good, good thing I gathered enough credits these couple of days:)woot!!

OFF TOPIC: MagicalLadee I Love your sneeney Todd icons:)

Thanks!
-Pirate

This sounds exciting, albeit credit draining. AH, if only I didn't have a meager 5,000 credits in the VMK bank! :headache: Mansion here I come tomorrow, LOL. At least I don't have to worry about buying more bat magics; already have plenty of those. I really hope any new magic is 5,000 credits (or better yet, cheaper than that but I am not holding my breath! :rotfl2: ). I could see Treasure Detector being 10,000 though (if it's sold); would make sense considering you can get prizes with it.

I'm excited for Confetti Magic! I just wonder as you add more stars if it will decrease the load time or increase how long it lasts I really hope how long it lasts. I am also Happy I bought my extra bat and snowman magics the last couple months now I dont have to spend my credits on them this month!

Hi,

Thanks for the news and updates! I think this month will be great. :) I can't wait until Firework Fridays! :)

-slinkyman

First of all....Welcome to the boards Slinkyman!!:cheer2:

I too am excited about tomorrow even though i just spent quite a lot of credits on ATIS pins over the last few days. :) But I am glad to have them and glad vmk gave us lots of time to build our credits back up from the holidays. Thank you VMK! :)

This month sounds like fun! Which I had been playing more for the past few weeks. I just could not be bothered with VMK but I will be having a non-stop game spree this weekend!

This may sound alarming or crazy :scared1: but IF unlimited treasure detector magic is released, it very well could be more than 10K. I could see it going to 15K or 20K. After all you could potentially get some high value items. Unless vmk decided to limit the rewards you can find. This is not that far-fetched considering they increased the prices on some stuff over the last couple holidays. :sad2:

i dont get why they would sell bat and snowman magic again. Even the tophat doesnt make sense

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!