New virtual queue for Hagrids

I have a feeling that this new 3rd party system is being piloted right now with Hagrid's to see how well it works on a popular attraction as perhaps it's going to be a big part of what they want to do with Epic Universe a few years down the road

So it sounds like a virtual unlimited Fastpass system, without the hassle of choosing rides from home months ahead of time. As long as this is used to decrease the standby lines, I like it. Hopefully, it won't become a substitute for the UE line.

I’m so grateful i came across this thread for our trip this weekend or i would have been stalking the app! Sounds like we’ll use EE for Velocicoaster and do the VQ for hagrids!
I am too. I really was worried that we were going to have to wake up at a ridiculous hour to make sure we were lined up for early entry near the front. It sounds like we can be a little bit more relaxed and at least stop by for some pastry breakfast from the club before heading down to line up.

Quick question for those who try on multiple devices - DH both tried on our phones the old way and could do it both logged in under my account. Is it the same with the new VQ? He can log into that website using my credentials and try for times?

I am too. I really was worried that we were going to have to wake up at a ridiculous hour to make sure we were lined up for early entry near the front. It sounds like we can be a little bit more relaxed and at least stop by for some pastry breakfast from the club before heading down to line up.
We’re staying club as well at the hard rock! Our first time :) enjoy your stay!

Quick question for those who try on multiple devices - DH both tried on our phones the old way and could do it both logged in under my account. Is it the same with the new VQ? He can log in to that website using my credentials and try for times?

You could but it is a separate account for this site so he could just make his own login. It’s not tied to your Universal account.

I posted in the other thread but it does seem like they drop times throughout the day. I heard a cast member say to someone that once they feel it is manageable they release more. That being said they are only keeping the line at 20 minutes so there really aren’t many passes being released. Times became more readily available after 3. Return times are quick and they only let you bump your reservation back so far. I was able to get a pass at 9:10 after riding Gringotts and return time Was 9:40. HE was closed so it was a long walk but we made it.

So DH CAN use my login on the website on HIS phone and we would BOTH be able to get separate VQ times ?

A Few moments ago, the VQ app listed 2:11, then 2:14, 2:26 then closed. Does this mean that if I had been eligible, I would have received a return time of 2:11pm, or in 2H 11 minutes?

And now that it says, closed, I should just keep looking for it to open again?

A Few moments ago, the VQ app listed 2:11, then 2:14, 2:26 then closed. Does this mean that if I had been eligible, I would have received a return time of 2:11pm, or in 2H 11 minutes?

And now that it says, closed, I should just keep looking for it to open again?
Oh dear. I’m afraid I’m gonna be confused.

You could but it is a separate account for this site so he could just make his own login. It’s not tied to your Universal account.

So DH CAN use my login on the website on HIS phone and we would BOTH be able to get separate VQ times ?
I believe what OP is saying is - when you go to that site, you have to create an account. It's in no way tied to your Universal account. Technically, it seems like one user could create 20 different logins and jump between them.

If you and your husband both want to try, it's probably best to each create your own account on that site.

What time can you start to get in the virtual queue and can you do it from Loews Royal Pacific?

Just to clarify because I have read through all of these and am confused-we do not get the VQ from the app anymore and instead use the link that someone posted above? We can use the link anytime on Universal property? The first VQ drop around 9 AM? Is this all accurate?
We have been many times over the last year and are used to Hagrid's being open for Early hours and then getting the VQ on the app so just trying to figure out the new process! Thank you!

Here now and they are only doing VQ code and not through the app. People were complaining that they tried all day and couldn't get times.
Well that is no fun since everyone keeps saying to bookmark the page. How easy is it to find the VQ Codes? Or by the app do you mean the Universal App?

Here now and they are only doing VQ code and not through the app. People were complaining that they tried all day and couldn't get times.
Well that is no fun since everyone keeps saying to bookmark the page. How easy is it to find the VQ Codes? Or by the app do you mean the Universal App?
Now you've confused me...

Pooh seems to confirm what the rest of the thread says - you have to use the website not the app.

The "VQ code", "QR code", and the website are the same thing.

I count three ways you can do this:
1. You can walk back to the HP area, find the QR code sign, and scan it. Or maybe find it elsewhere in the park.
2. You can pull up the first post in this thread, open the link to the initial Twitter post and scan the code from there (not easy, but it works),
3. Just open this link on your phone right now - https://vltest.universalorlando.com/#

All three do the same thing, but #3 is, by far, the easiest. I also recommend that you go to that site, set up an account, and bookmark it (or however you want to make sure you have access to it when you need it)... and do it right now. There's no reason not to.

Unless something changes between now and your trip, don't look for Hagrid's virtual queue reservations in the Universal app... go to the site above. And keep in mind... this really could all change again tomorrow ;)

Now you've confused me...

Pooh seems to confirm what the rest of the thread says - you have to use the website not the app.

The "VQ code", "QR code", and the website are the same thing.

I count three ways you can do this:
1. You can walk back to the HP area, find the QR code sign, and scan it. Or maybe find it elsewhere in the park.
2. You can pull up the first post in this thread, open the link to the initial Twitter post and scan the code from there (not easy, but it works),
3. Just open this link on your phone right now - https://vltest.universalorlando.com/#

All three do the same thing, but #3 is, by far, the easiest. I also recommend that you go to that site, set up an account, and bookmark it (or however you want to make sure you have access to it when you need it)... and do it right now. There's no reason not to.

Unless something changes between now and your trip, don't look for Hagrid's virtual queue reservations in the Universal app... go to the site above. And keep in mind... this really could all change again tomorrow ;)
Ok, that was the clarification I was missing. I thought it might mean you had to go find the QR code and scan it before it would let you, regardless if you had the website booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter