New virtual queue for Hagrids

Ok, that was the clarification I was missing. I thought it might mean you had to go find the QR code and scan it before it would let you, regardless if you had the website booked.
Nah, the QR code is just a 'shorthand' way to tell your browser 'go to this website'. No scavenger hunt needed ;)

Go to the site now and set up an account, then try to book a VQ. It won't work if you aren't in the geo fence, but will give you an idea of how the booking works and serve as a practice run. That will put you miles ahead of the average park guest who hasn't heard about this new way to book VQs.

ETA: So maybe not right NOW, because the park is closed and it won't let you even try to reserve. Try it some time tomorrow when the park is open. ;)

Nah, the QR code is just a 'shorthand' way to tell your browser 'go to this website'. No scavenger hunt needed ;)

Go to the site now and set up an account, then try to book a VQ. It won't work if you aren't in the geo fence, but will give you an idea of how the booking works and serve as a practice run. That will put you miles ahead of the average park guest who hasn't heard about this new way to book VQs.

ETA: So maybe not right NOW, because the park is closed and it won't let you even try to reserve. Try it some time tomorrow when the park is open. ;)
I have actually already done that. I did that the first day I found this thread, just in case. :)

We used the QR code then bookmarked the website. You have to “activate” the virtual queue every day then you can make reservations. Even if it says at capacity just keep refreshing and slots will open up. It usually automatically put us 1.5 hours out so maybe it opens times in a rolling manner. Also sometimes rescheduling works sometimes not but it moves you up quite a bit. Like we got moved at least a half hour up from our original times quite a bit. Without being asked. It just did it. So keep checking.

Wait question- so you could be given a time of like 2 pm, decide to go wait in like for something in the meantime, have the time changed and then miss your opportunity to ride?? This sound bonkers to me- that you have to babysit this queue instead of set it and forget it.

No wonder people are hanging around out front lounging like it’s an airport.

It was kind of hard to get vq unless you check in for one right at nine. After that the best time would be after it opens back up because of a delay. I manage to get many visitors that way during my 4 day trip.

We got them all times of the day by just refreshing while waiting in other lines. Also found they were very easy to get within 2 hours of park close. You could basically ride it repeatedly for the last 2 hours if you’d like. Once scanning your pass the wait ranged from 15-40 minutes. One time the line didn’t start until the final room before boarding. Other times it started in the “egg room”.

Wait question- so you could be given a time of like 2 pm, decide to go wait in like for something in the meantime, have the time changed and then miss your opportunity to ride?? This sound bonkers to me- that you have to babysit this queue instead of set it and forget it.

I agree. The fact that they can move your time up makes it difficult to plan around!

So in our experience, the time moved up slightly but not a lot. For example, initially we would be given a time to return of say 2:30pm and sometime it might move up a little earlier...like 2:20pm but I never saw it move up DRASTICALLY. The initially time was usually about 1.5 hours or so from when we reserved it always. Also like people mentioned you CAN bump it further out...so if I'm in a line and don't think I'll make the 2:30pm I can use the webpage to bump to a later time...hours later if necessary. Again sometimes even that time might get bumped up a little bit. However we had NO time makine any of our Virtual Queue return times during the 3 days we used the system.

What is the latest time anyone has been able to get a VL time? Especially in respect to when the park closed on that particular day…

We got one at like 9:20 and it closed at 10. You are able to go right in when this happens. It says “You are next”
Was this yesterday?

I was in the queue between 8:30 - 9:30 pm but the ride shutdown and had to leave. What time did it start back up?

Yeah, it's basically a tug of war with the VQ system.

I will extend the time and then the VQ will keep moving up the time. So I have to be constantly checking to extend the time vs the VQ.

This really becomes problematic when you go over to Universal Studios and are say waiting for Bourne Spectacular because the VQ will keep moving up the time while you are in the waiting room and also while you are watching the show.

Things like this are one of the main reasons that the Hogsmeade area gets overcrowded as there isn't a set time. The VQ system shouldn't be able to move your time up. This is the main problem because then you can't plan anything.

Once again this system was concocted by some bean counter who had no foresight or brain because this outcome could have been foreseen. And why test it out during the busiest season of the year. Once again some brainless beancounter who has political clout but no brains pushed this through.

Velocicoaster opened during EE this morning, and Hagrid’s VQ opened at 9am. I got a return time of 10am. It gives you 30 minutes to return but may move up your time a little. Mine has mived up by a minute or 2.

I searched this thread but guess I didn't figure out the correct terms. Is there any provision for guests who don't have smart phones? We'll be there in November with my sister, who will probably want to spend more days at UOR than we will, specifically to ride Velocicoaster and Hagrid's and the other thrill rides. She is a technophobe and does not/will not have a smart phone. Is there a way for her to get in the virtual queues without a phone?

I searched this thread but guess I didn't figure out the correct terms. Is there any provision for guests who don't have smart phones? We'll be there in November with my sister, who will probably want to spend more days at UOR than we will, specifically to ride Velocicoaster and Hagrid's and the other thrill rides. She is a technophobe and does not/will not have a smart phone. Is there a way for her to get in the virtual queues without a phone?
That’s a good question and I don’t see how they would use VQ then. The only option I see would be to ask the TM at the entrance, tell them you don’t have a phone and see if they have a paper version they could give you.

That’s a good question and I don’t see how they would use VQ then. The only option I see would be to ask the TM at the entrance, tell them you don’t have a phone and see if they have a paper version they could give you.
That will work. We have until November, so I'll keep up with these threads in case there are changes or new information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!