New Universal promo ticket buy 3 days get 2 free, good thru Dec 14

I wonder how "good" of a deal this is for Universal? We were only planning to visit the parks for 3 days anyway, so I'm not sure how much use we would get from the extra 2 days (I guess we would have the option of going to the parks for a little while on our arrival and departure days?) What are the chances of a flat discount or buy 2, get 1 day being offered in the future? We're going in August, so there's still time.

I wonder how "good" of a deal this is for Universal? We were only planning to visit the parks for 3 days anyway, so I'm not sure how much use we would get from the extra 2 days (I guess we would have the option of going to the parks for a little while on our arrival and departure days?) What are the chances of a flat discount or buy 2, get 1 day being offered in the future? We're going in August, so there's still time.
The length of your trip is definitely a consideration, it doesn't help for a 3 day trip at all unfortunately. I already have 5 nights in November at Cabana Bay booked with the 'savvy traveler' discount. I don't usually see much in a flat discount offered. They do sometimes have buy 2 get 2 free.

If you live in the US, you could try pricing out the trip pieces separately. A package is not always a better deal. (I know some people outside the US get good packages.)
Do you happen to know where they book? I am interested in booking a package too.

What are the chances of a flat discount or buy 2, get 1 day being offered in the future? We're going in August, so there's still time.
I haven't seen the buy 2 days get 1 day free in a while. They have had it though. We purchased it for our 2011 trip and our 2017 trip and then when we went in 2022 we used our in-law's tickets that had been purchased for that 2017 trip (they didn't end up going in 2017).

We typically go 3 days so that was the best deal for us however I did like the 2 days get 2 days free we just ended up not opting to go and didn't purchase under that deal.

I agree the 5 days is nice but can be kinda hard to squeeze in really seeing it as a deal when you're not able to plan for those extra days. Like it's great if you have some time on some days to pop on by without feeling like you had to get a full day's worth to get your value you just need to have that time to begin with.

If you live in the US, you could try pricing out the trip pieces separately. A package is not always a better deal. (I know some people outside the US get good packages.)
The package gives a length of stay discount which is more than the savings of booking tickets and hotel separately

Went with the 3 park in case I want to upgrade to a 3 park AP again
We’ve also been running our extended family’s APs for ages. was considering letting a few of them ‘go’ this year as they haven’t been used enough.

not familiar with current upgrade process, apologies if this has been asked, out of the loop as to how it now works.

do you know what the value of this tix would be towards a new AP?

not sure if they would allot purchase price, bridge it to a 5 day or the then 3 day tix price

do you know what the value of this tix would be towards a new AP?

not sure if they would allot purchase price, bridge it to a 5 day or the then 3 day tix price
Generally, it is valued as Universal's official promo price for the ticket (a 3 day ticket in this case). So it's not the best deal if you know you're going to upgrade to an AP.

Universal has a Savvy rate based on the number of days you stay. This is a length of stay discount and is in no way dependent on booking a package.
The package gives that, but there is also a $125 discount for 6 night stay. I priced out the package and the hotel and tickets separately and the package is $125 cheaper for the same dates, room and tickets. But i had to choose a 3 park 3 day ticket since the package isn’t letting me add the promotional tickets. I’ll have to call when i’m ready to book (waiting for southwest to open flights next week for my dates)

Well, darn, I was considering a 4 day ticket, if they had extended the buy 2/get 2, but we probably only could have squeezed in 3 visits. Looks like one very full day will have to do it for our first visit. Thankfully the kids are primarily interested in HP stuff, we can just skip a lot of the rest.

The package gives that, but there is also a $125 discount for 6 night stay. I priced out the package and the hotel and tickets separately and the package is $125 cheaper for the same dates, room and tickets. But i had to choose a 3 park 3 day ticket since the package isn’t letting me add the promotional tickets. I’ll have to call when i’m ready to book (waiting for southwest to open flights next week for my dates)
That would be a specific package deal. I'm seeing a package on their website for 25% off a 5 night hotel and ticket package at either Cabana Bay or Aventura Hotel which is probably why you're seeing the price difference. Without that percent off deal it's likely that cost savings would evaporate assuming this is the deal you're trying to use.

As far as it won't let you add the promotional tickets while I am not confident in what the answer truly would be here if you're booking under a package that come with specific tickets (in your case 3 park 5 day tickets) I would think you're bound under that package as it's bundled that way. I wouldn't think you could swap out tickets to add the new ticket promotion. This promotion is also for 3 days 2 park get 2 days free (with an option to upgrade to include Volcano Bay), your package is for 3 park (already including Volcano Bay) 5 (or 3 from what you're saying) day tickets.

Specific packages are bundled certain ways and it's often why the advice is to do that math on what you want.

That would be a specific package deal. I'm seeing a package on their website for 25% off a 5 night hotel and ticket package at either Cabana Bay or Aventura Hotel which is probably why you're seeing the price difference. Without that percent off deal it's likely that cost savings would evaporate assuming this is the deal you're trying to use.

As far as it won't let you add the promotional tickets while I am not confident in what the answer truly would be here if you're booking under a package that come with specific tickets (in your case 3 park 5 day tickets) I would think you're bound under that package as it's bundled that way. I wouldn't think you could swap out tickets to add the new ticket promotion. This promotion is also for 3 days 2 park get 2 days free (with an option to upgrade to include Volcano Bay), your package is for 3 park (already including Volcano Bay) 5 (or 3 from what you're saying) day tickets.

Specific packages are bundled certain ways and it's often why the advice is to do that math on what you want.
Specifically, I was doing the create your own package option with a 3 park 3 day ticket. The package requires a 3 park ticket to get the $125 discount. Since the promotion has a 3 park option, i figured it would work.

I wasn’t able to book this deal as part of a package
I was able to get the offer as part of a package last night, but I do think it took some fiddling around. I had to get to “build my own package” before it offered me a good hotel price and offered those discount tickets. However I will say that for me I did not find booking a package saved any money vs buying tickets and booking hotel separately. Even though the package said I was saving $75 by booking it as a package (might have been contingent on booking a 3-park ticket?), it was actually $12 more than the discounted tickets price + the Savvy Saver hotel offer I’d already reserved (which I think was 25% off on a 5 night stay). But I went ahead and booked the package, because that gives me better cancellation policy - can cancel hotel + tickets up until 45 days before trip. if you buy the tickets separately, they are non-refundable. In return I gave up the 5-day cancellation I had on the hotel-only booking. But I think it’s a good trade-off. My trip is not until end of August, and I wanted that flexibility. The other benefit to booking a package was that I couldI add a 5-day photopass option, which I didn’t see for sale elsewhere (I only saw 1 or 3 days offered?)

i had planned to buy 4-day tickets, i wont really be able to take advantage of the 5 days, but the 3+days + 2-days free was still cheaper than buying 4-days. On our last/5th day, our flight leaves at 4 pm, so perhaps we could use a couple of hours?

I am now able to get the tickets in the package, but the savy traveler discount is only saying about $5 per night. The package has a $75 discount and after adding up the hotel and tickets separately, the package is $75.05 cheaper because of that $75 discount. But i too wanted the ability to cancel tickets if necessary

not sure of your dates, assume it’s past the current SWA schedule.

Although you say you are seeing the package lower priced re the hotel, going to venture that the rate will drop between now & then…whether it’s a savvy traveler or some other promotion.

Didn’t catch what property you are pricing out. Could very well be that an AP rate might roll out if a slow time of year. You have the option to book it then upgrade one of your discounted tix at the park/return to show the front desk proof @the lowest tier to be able to use that rate.

naturally, the above rates aren’t guaranteed to pop up, they always have in some fashion for us over the years. You just need to be diligent about checking the rates.

even factoring in the convenience factor of a package, the restrictive cancellation policy vs a room only reservation is just not for me.

good luck planning your trip

PS
as per these special tix having an printed expiration date, might be worth a call to GS to see if unused/expired ones could have the value applied to tix in the future:confused3. They have been accommodating to us in the past when a family member was unable to travel.

Q: Can I get a refund on tickets?
A: Generally, all purchases are final and no refunds are available. If your vacation plans change, please remember that unused tickets do not expire unless otherwise noted. Upon first use, specific ticket expiration conditions apply. Special event and other date specific tickets are valid for entry on specified date only. Check the ticket description for expiration conditions for your given ticket type. Universal Studios reserves the right to change online ticket prices without prior notification. Universal Studios will not be held accountable for lost or stolen ticket orders once they have left our fulfillment center. If you have questions about this policy or special circumstances, please contact our customer service department at 1-407-224-7840 or via email at onlinestorehelp@universalorlando.com.

Was looking at dockside 9/18-9/23 just to get an idea of price. Southwest opens up end of august/septemeber on thursday so my actual dates will depend on overall lowest price. It’s a solo trip so chances of cancelling are greatly reduced.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter