New "Ultimate Nights" tour that skips Pandora lines

Subjective. As with ALL offerings. :)
I really don't think this is subjective. Some of the other VIP tours might be a really good deal for families or special circumstances. Offering a FP for what are mostly walk-ons is nuts. You don't even get an actual meal, you get a sampler. No merch, no special anything else. No park hopping, etc. It's charging more for giving you basically one or two FPs. That's crazy. FoP has one of the most amazing queues and is a neat experience. Waiting an hour or two is really no big deal. There is so much to see there. Wait in the line and save that $265 for something else. Maybe it would be a different story if you got a tour with an imagineer that designed it or worked on the land or rides but really all you are buying is a small sampler and some FPs.

I am waiting to hear some reviews from the actual experience - I recall some advertisements for it indicating some "behind the scenes" components to it as well. If there is something "unique" to it then I see some additional value there. If it is literally the equivalent to some FPs and a QS meal then I don't see it . But if others do them more power to them and I hope they enjoy it
I agree, if you got a tour with an imagineer with special merch and a table service meal maybe. But even then it's a big maybe. I usually don't comment on the "value" of special experiences. But this one just seems like a blatant rip off.

I really don't think this is subjective.
So it's objective then? Who decides what the objective value is?

I just don't get why we can't just accept that as humans, we don't all assign value equally. That's all this is. Maybe MORE people think this is overpriced than with other offerings. That doesn't magically switch this from subjective to objective.

The market will tell Disney if this is overpriced. No matter what any one of us here thinks.

I just don't get why we can't just accept that as humans, we don't all assign value equally. That's all this is. Maybe MORE people think this is overpriced than with other offerings. That doesn't magically switch this from subjective to objective.

The market will tell Disney if this is overpriced. No matter what any one of us here thinks.
$265 plus admission is laughable. You accomplish in half a day what you would accomplish in half a day for $100. $115 if you include a full meal at satuli. That's why this is not a value. You can do the same in the same amount of time without the VIP package.

Playing Milton Friedman again today, huh?

I want to pay you $14,000 for you're house...is that right?

How about $6,000,000?

Somewhere in between?

Everything has a reasonable valuation...or we would be subject to inflation/devaluation like the Weimar Republic...

Consumers set those limits in the market. Which means we have to be responsible.

$125 for a full day ticket access to all rides and shows compared to $265 for a "tour" which is just having somebody leading you into the employee entrance for a couple hours isn't really a case to be made.

Playing Milton Friedman again today, huh?
Not with you. :)

We know what each other thinks on this. We appear to disagree wrt whether value is truly subjective or something you determine for all. Vive la différence!!

Consumers set those limits in the market. Which means we have to be responsible.
Agree. Disagree.

And I still like chatting with you. :D :P

To you. Yes. I understand. Legit POV -- but still subjective. That's my only point.
We can agree to disagree here but I really don't see this as subjective. What do you really get with that tour that you won't get doing it on your own? A guaranteed FP for basically one ride. There is no value there no matter how you argue it.

We can agree to disagree here but I really don't see this as subjective. What do you really get with that tour that you won't get doing it on your own? A guaranteed FP for basically one ride. There is no value there no matter how you argue it.

This is being sold as a fastpass - without the effort - to a park that's still underbuilt as far as attractions go...

If you want to buy it...to get back to Calgary more quickly...go ahead. That doesn't make it a good choice. As I say often: there is still a reasonable amount of "black and white" in a "grey" world. Some of us agree to disagree on that atatement...for sure.

This is being sold as a fastpass - without the effort - to a park that's still underbuilt as far as attractions go...

If you want to buy it...to get back to Calgary more quickly...go ahead. That doesn't make it a good choice. As I say often: there is still a reasonable amount of "black and white" in a "grey" world. Some of us agree to disagree on that atatement...for sure.
I can see where some could find value in some of the other VIP tours. This one is just a blatant money grab. Pay 300 PLUS admission and we will get you that FoP FP. Oh and maybe you can get a snack. For that money there should be more to it. Especially if it is just on park. I checked wait times. The two pandoras were 110 and 50, everything else on that list was 20 minutes or less about an hour ago. I very rarely comment on the is it worth it threads because it just starts a vicious circle of debate. But I stand firm in this one. I can't even see where there is subjectivity here. It's a rip off that will devalue the other tours if many people buy in here.

I'm not arguing that there IS value in this one. I'm arguing that logically, there's no objective correct answer to that question. Not a matter of opinion whether it's subjective. Value -- by definition -- is subjective. Then price is ultimately set by the collective value set by consumers.

Some seem to think that consumers should act together and make a pact not to buy something at more than a determined-by-someone objective fair price. That doesn't happen in practice. People act in their own self interests and the sum of all of that sets the price.

Last edited:
Nasty again for no reason. *sigh* 4.0 and 1st in my class in MBA and MSF, but thanks for your concern for my education. ;)

Yeah I know...I'm nasty...you do the patronizing thing...we know our roles (notice I'm not disputing that...nor should you)

But again...the consumers have control over disney parks pricing by rejecting them...and that is the recourse on price escalation and declining value. I think you know that and play the "light" to my "dark"

We should get together and do a "yin and yang" comedy routine some time...

If it takes $250+ to get on flight of passage...I can guess because your traveling during a time ya shouldn't...then you have three realistic choices:

1. Buy it and justify it to yourself...good luck.
2. Reject it and tell them hell no with the wallet. It will be there next time when the line goes down.
3. Wait in the line that has been in the range of mine train, soarin, midway mania, and space mountain...

Not tough...vive le truth by preference.

You're a riot! My thoughts...

But again...the consumers have control over disney parks pricing by rejecting them...and that is the recourse on price escalation and declining value. I think you know that and play the "light" to my "dark"
  • The consumers en masse have control over pricing -- yes. And that is what acts against price escalation -- agreed completely.
  • What I dispute is that we all have some sort of moral imperative to reject a Disney offering if you (or some other all-knowing being) deems the price too high for it to be paid "responsibly".
  • That's nonsense, in that 1) people don't function that way... aren't motivated in the above way when making their purchasing decisions, and 2) there is no such thing as one "fair" price that should be clear to all ahead of time
We should get together and do a "yin and yang" comedy routine some time...
I fear that only we would find this humorous. :)

If it takes $250+ to get on flight of passage...I can guess because your traveling during a time ya shouldn't...then you have three realistic choices:
Some don't have a choice given kids' vacations and school districts that report them to CPS if kids miss over X days of school. They could choose not to go to WDW. Or choose to buy add-ons that improve their experiences.

Not tough...vive le truth by preference.
You keep saying it -- doesn't make it so. But I like the innovation of "vive le" being added -- nice touch. Maybe we can work some French into our comedy routine... tu est vraiment comique!

I love the divining-by-geography thing... I grew up in Montreal, spent summers in Boston, and have lived in California and D.C. What am I?? :D

I love the divining-by-geography thing... I grew up in Montreal, spent summers in Boston, and have lived in California and D.C. What am I?? :D

It gets boring around here...I'm Trying something new.

Let's see...Canada, Boston, cali, DC...

Yep...definitely all "screw em for money" hotbed areas.

It all makes sense now:sad2:

...and by the way - you didn't say you didn't live in Ohio.

Ok...I will bite...what does Ohio have to do with me thinking it's a rip off?

Absolutely nothing! Just watching geography.

I'm just bored and nobody ever says anything different...except my sweet, Skier Pete...I think he's turned to the dark side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter