New TTC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for those of you that have tried clomid- (I can't help but be a little paranoid after reading that other thread yesterday, haha)-

So if you had any side effects, were they only during the days that you were actually taking the pills or did the symptoms last longer than that because it stays in your system?

Just curious :goodvibes I hope it worked for you on the first try MommaSnow White!

Kronk's - When I was taking clomid I was emotional - I would cry watching animal planet comercials! (Those poor shelter animals!). I also had some issue with dryness - pretty crazy stuff. I ended up calling the REs office and I ended up tracking down some pre-seed. Worded like a charm - I hope. Both symptoms seemed to be better a couple days after I ovulated.

Good Luck!

Question for those of you that have tried clomid- (I can't help but be a little paranoid after reading that other thread yesterday, haha)-

So if you had any side effects, were they only during the days that you were actually taking the pills or did the symptoms last longer than that because it stays in your system?

Just curious :goodvibes I hope it worked for you on the first try MommaSnow White!

Pre seed aka "Go Juice" is a God send!:worship: Very good stuff:thumbsup2

I didn't have any issues with Clomid but I think I may have been so nervous about having the issues that I was more conscous of things and my moods so as weird as it sounds I was a little more even keeled. . . Go figure!:confused3

Good luck we'll be here for you!

I actually didn't notice many side effects the month I was on clomid. I took it at night and I think that really helped. If I did have any side effects, it was probably just the days I took the pills. Oh and I felt O pains a little stronger.

I'm going to call my dx Monday and tell her I want to think some more about Lupron for a bit before I decide. In the meantime, I'm going to check out alternatives. It's the menopause that scares me, I'm not ready for that.

I found an alternative that I'd like to discuss with her. It's Vitalzym and it sheds the fibroids from inside. I'd rather do something natural than something like Lupron. All those side effects scare the crap out of me. :scared1:

Gabbie

Gabby - I'm still a lurker on this thread and wanted to let you know I have been on Lupron twice (for endometriosis and ovarian cysts), for 6 months each time, and it really wasn't that bad. The biggest side effect I remember was weight loss, and that is usually a good thing, right? I did have some hot flashes, but I am usually cold, so they didn't bother me. Some people claim I was a little moody, but I think they were the moody ones. :mad: :rolleyes1 I think it is smart of you to research alternatives though, and am interested as to what your dr thinks about the Vitalzym. Good luck to you and everyone else here! :goodvibes

I took Clomid for three months (50mg) and never had any side effects. I didn't get pregnant, but my follicles did grow more and my cycle was longer while on it, so it did help. That's also why my Dr never increased my dosage. We did one monitored cycle w/o Clomid so they could see what I would do on my own, so we were able to tell that the Clomid did help. We just had more issues than Clomid could fix.

So glad to see other people have questions about Clomid! I'm supposed to start it next month, and I'm kinda nervous too. I had an abnormal PAP, on top of my other issues, so I have to go in for a polposcopy on the 2nd. Kinda nervous about that too! esbrick, have fun on your vaca, and pixie dust to all!

iheartpluto - I hope all goes well with your clomid!

I am day 13 and I am freaking out. I want to test - but I don't want to. I am on high alert for any sign of AF.

So it is dpo 14 and I tested this morning - negative. :sad1: I already knew that AF was coming - my moods gave her away. I guess I was hoping that I was wrong.

I guess I will call the RE this morning and find out what he thinks our next step should be.

Awww crudballs MommaS. I'm sorry. I'm sending hugs. Let us know what the RE says. Take care! E

Morning Ladies! Having a great time and had a great dinner at the Brown Derby last night! Didn't
like Morroco much. Gave ma a tummy ache and the service was only so so.

Quick queation do bcps mess with ur ability to tan? I have the weirdest burns and everything. I
(Thought) I had been very dilligent about sun screen. Even wearing 30 which I never do! So strange!

Ok well off to breakfast then to the pool and Jikos for dinner. Hope u are well!
Xo
E

Oh crudballs! (I'm hanging out with you guys too much. LOL).

I have the crud!!! Runny nose, sore throat, cough, etc. I'm going to see the dx at 11 today to get meds for it ASAP. Man, I am not going to ask what else may happen.

Gabbie

So it is dpo 14 and I tested this morning - negative. :sad1: I already knew that AF was coming - my moods gave her away. I guess I was hoping that I was wrong.

I guess I will call the RE this morning and find out what he thinks our next step should be.

:hug: I really really really hope the test is wrong.

Morning Ladies! Having a great time and had a great dinner at the Brown Derby last night! Didn't
like Morroco much. Gave ma a tummy ache and the service was only so so.

Quick queation do bcps mess with ur ability to tan? I have the weirdest burns and everything. I
(Thought) I had been very dilligent about sun screen. Even wearing 30 which I never do! So strange!

Ok well off to breakfast then to the pool and Jikos for dinner. Hope u are well!
Xo
E

You know, I have heard that BCP's can mess with that. I'm pretty sure I read it on the signs at Planet Beach tanning salon when I used to tan there.

Momma- so sorry, that stinks! I think I heard clomid gets more effective each round- I could be wrong, but if that is true hopefully this next round is even better and apparently Iheartpluto and I will be doing it with you :) I still have about 7 days left in the TWW, but I really don't think it worked, so I am already preparing for the clomid.

Esbrick- so glad you are having a great trip, we love the Brown Derby, my mouth is watering just thinking about it!

Well, sinuses feel much better! Yay!

I looked on the weather forecast for next week...looks like it's gonna rain every night. :headache: Oh well. Pool time during the day. :laughing:

Got my bags packed, meds in my ziplock bag, schedule confirmed, and grocery delivery confirmed. All ready to go!!!!! :woohoo::yay:

Hugs to you MommaS.

Gabbie

MommaS...this sucks!!! I'm so sorry. Ugh!!

So....we are definitely waiting out two more months. Wow that sounds like a long time. Of course, ONE cycle used to be that long when I first stopped birth control to start TTC!!

We are taking a nice week-long trip in mid July to see some family in Philadelphia. DH and I are flying up with my Mom and sister. My grandpa and cousins will take us all around Philly, on a day trip to DC to see the White House, and to the Jersey shore. I also will be meeting a long-time DIS friend who lives in New Jersey....so I'm really excited about that!!

On August 2, we have a trial date to FINALLY get a hearing on a case with a roofing contractor who, without authorization, sent his workers on our roof and started ripping off shingles--it's been about a year now since it happened. Oh did I mention it RAINED CATS & DOGS that afternoon??

Well anyway, there's more to the story but that's the jest of it. I'm ready to take a trip, but I'm also ready for this bull to be over with so we can focus on getting me pregnant. I have a feeling this case is going to end up screwing us out of another cycle, but oh well. I can't help that. And I hate to not take this trip in July, we really need it.

On another note, according to my ovulation chart, I'm now 15 dpo. Figures, I'd be 'late' on a non-treatment cycle. :rotfl: Just waiting for Miss Witch herself to show up. And I have a pool party Monday. Blech!

Hi ladies,

I hope everyone is doing alright and enjoying the three day weekend. Sorry you have to sit out two cycles Cherbear. Hopefully your roofing court issue gets worked out easily. I just finished a week of jury duty. The case was a little dull, but the experience was actually sort of interesting- our judge was one of those funny old guys who laughs at his own jokes :)

Just wanted to check in and spread some baby dust around. Hope all is well. Hope you don't have too much rain on your trip Kennywife!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter