At least if the ride had more than one "mission"...

I don't get it. Star Tours, Guardians of the Galaxy, and many other rides are different every time you ride them... why stick with the same story here every time?
I rode MFSR twice this week. It is true that there is only one mission?

:wizard:

Yup. Sometimes you get an asteroid field at the end (if your pilots are good enough), but that's the only real variation.

I am assuming they'll add more missions.
Wait so that means we were good pilots?? :) last Saturday we got to the asteroid field and were confused because we had never been there.

I thought the asteroid field variation is just a holding action when it is taking longer to rotate the turntable and get people off the ride, continuing show while you wait inside so you aren't just sitting in there at end of mission with no activity being reminded that it was just all a simulator ride.

I thought the asteroid field variation is just a holding action when it is taking longer to rotate the turntable and get people off the ride, continuing show while you wait inside so you aren't just sitting in there at end of mission with no activity being reminded that it was just all a simulator ride.

When I rode there was a strange part right at the end where Hondo talks about having to wait to exit the ship or something about a parasite or something but I didn't understood the reason of that "part" until this. I guess is just a holding action.

My son and I got pilots as a party of 2 yesterday. It's all really just about your position in line more than anything else. I guess as a lone rider, you will likely only get pilot if the party after you is a group of 3 or 5, and you are in the front. I have also been given pilot every time we have gone as a party of 3. Twice I gave away the pilot cards because neither of my kids wanted to do it. Yesterday, I made my son try because the other people in our group didn't want it!

On another note, we also rode Star Tours and I haven't been on that in quite awhile. I think it's still better than MFSR. It was SO Star Wars. It is amazing what some good music can do. Made me realize that there is also NO MUSIC in the MFSR ride queue or exit area. The Star Wars theme playing as you exit Star Tours is really great, and I had forgotten about it. Similarly, the music on HSM makes that ride so epic!

My son and I got pilots as a party of 2 yesterday. It's all really just about your position in line more than anything else. I guess as a lone rider, you will likely only get pilot if the party after you is a group of 3 or 5, and you are in the front. I have also been given pilot every time we have gone as a party of 3. Twice I gave away the pilot cards because neither of my kids wanted to do it. Yesterday, I made my son try because the other people in our group didn't want it!

On another note, we also rode Star Tours and I haven't been on that in quite awhile. I think it's still better than MFSR. It was SO Star Wars. It is amazing what some good music can do. Made me realize that there is also NO MUSIC in the MFSR ride queue or exit area. The Star Wars theme playing as you exit Star Tours is really great, and I had forgotten about it. Similarly, the music on HSM makes that ride so epic!

When we went for 3 days during the first week of August, DS18 and his cousin also age 18 rode Star Tours 15 times. Lol. It was like the first time DS was tall enough at age 4; DH swears we rode it at least that many times during that trip. Even though they rode the new Falcon ride 5 times during the recent trip, they still kept going back to Star Tours over and over. DH and I stopped in yesterday and the day before after dropping DS18 off at college, and we rode Star Tours once each day. It just pulls us in every time. We rode the Falcon once also (as engineers), but it just doesn't interest us in the same way.

When we went for 3 days during the first week of August, DS18 and his cousin also age 18 rode Star Tours 15 times. Lol. It was like the first time DS was tall enough at age 4; DH swears we rode it at least that many times during that trip. Even though they rode the new Falcon ride 5 times during the recent trip, they still kept going back to Star Tours over and over. DH and I stopped in yesterday and the day before after dropping DS18 off at college, and we rode Star Tours once each day. It just pulls us in every time. We rode the Falcon once also (as engineers), but it just doesn't interest us in the same way.

Yeah, I usually have to sit out ST with my older son because it makes him sick. My younger son usually rides with my husband. But yesterday I took the younger son alone because he didn't have to start school until today, while his brother had to start yesterday. So, I got to ride for the first time in, probably, 2 years.

We plan to build a droid when we go in October. I hope they have personality chips available by then!

I also, for my son's sake, hope he gets to be pilot. We are a party of 2 so I will do as some suggested and NOT raise our hands if the CMs ask for a party of 2 to fill a pod.

How is the merchandise stock situation for Galaxy's Edge? I'm going in mid-september and I definitely want to a droid personality chip and backpack :) But it's concerning that they are STILL not in stock!!??!!

We plan to build a droid when we go in October. I hope they have personality chips available by then!

I also, for my son's sake, hope he gets to be pilot. We are a party of 2 so I will do as some suggested and NOT raise our hands if the CMs ask for a party of 2 to fill a pod.
This is good advice that I plan to follow.

My trip is one year away, and I am making a list of all the movies I have to see before entering Disneyland, like Guardians of the Galaxy and the Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad. However... I am total Star Wars-virgin, and I have no idea where to start. Which Star Wars movies should I watch, and in what order to enjoy SWGE the most :)

My trip is one year away, and I am making a list of all the movies I have to see before entering Disneyland, like Guardians of the Galaxy and the Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad. However... I am total Star Wars-virgin, and I have no idea where to start. Which Star Wars movies should I watch, and in what order to enjoy SWGE the most :)

I started this thread https://www.disboards.com/threads/s...-wars-galaxys-edge-contains-spoilers.3748319/

Its the films in timeline order

First watch the 3 prequels
  1. Star Wars: Episode I – A Phantom Menace
  2. Star Wars: Episode II –Attack of the Clones
  3. Star Wars: Episode III –Revenge of the Sith
Then the 2 origin films
  1. Solo: A Star Wars Story
  2. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
Then the 3 original films
  1. Star Wars: Episode IV –A New Hope
  2. Star Wars: Episode V –The Empire Strikes Back
  3. Star Wars: Episode VI –Return of the Jedi
Then the 2 and soon to be released 3rd new films
  1. Star Wars: Episode VII –The Force Awakens
  2. Star Wars: Episode VIII –The Last Jedi
This gives you the complete story in chronological timeline order. Some Star Wars fans will disagree and say you should watch in release order or skip certain films due to their perceived opinion of the quality of the script and film production.

For a newbie, you really only need to know the story and be familiar with the characters, the planets, the language why certain things happen.

I started this thread https://www.disboards.com/threads/s...-wars-galaxys-edge-contains-spoilers.3748319/

Then the 2 origin films
This gives you the complete story in chronological timeline order. Some Star Wars fans will disagree and say you should watch in release order or skip certain films due to their perceived opinion of the quality of the script and film production.

For a newbie, you really only need to know the story and be familiar with the characters, the planets, the language why certain things happen.
Thanks...!
I needed that information as well... gotta do some shopping first though... I knew you did that list but this saves me some time searching around ...

Then the 2 origin films

Since I saw the movies in release order - with what came to be known as Episode IV first, I have to go with watching them in release order.

Rogue War
Solo

Episodes 1, 2 and 3 are prequels. Which means they are movies that came before. See 4, 5 and 6 first. They are the best. The heart of what makes Star Wars be Star Wars. Episodes 1-3 do not accomplish that. They tell a prequel story once you know 4-6.

:wizard: :darth::chewy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter