My daughter and I had a blast playing with the datapad. We did lots of scanning and were able to gather a lot of gear, clothing, schematics, and blueprints for our avatars in the couple of days we were there. I think between Smuggler's Run and the hacking missions we collected about 8500 credits. We were asked many times "what are you doing?" when we were scanning crates, and people were genuinely surprised when we showed them the app. They had no idea it was even a thing.

Agree with people recommending Gunner & Engineer as easier than pilot. But, even pilot isn’t that’s complicated because steering is split between the two seats: one controls up/down, the other left/right. It’s way way less complicated than driving a car.
Unless your co-pilot is 4 years old ... and then you are just gonna crash into EVERYTHING! LOL! (My co-pilot could not reach the up and down control properly)

Notes from Batuu on Monday, August 26:

At 10:05, the Fantasyland entrance was still closed, but they said it would open “within the next hour.” By 10:30, I saw people coming in through that and the Frontierland entrance. I’m guessing they wait for the MFSR line to stop stretching back that far before they open the others.

At 10:10, I was able to grab an Oga’s reservation for one at 11:00. I then saw that the line for Oga’s wrapped almost down to the TIE fighter and thought I made a bad plan, but now at 10:40, the line is normal - maybe halfway down the wall. Not sure why it spiked... maybe a lot of 10am “post-breakfast” rezzies?

I saw three people “scanning” on the datapad over by Oga’s, but haven’t seen anyone else on the PlayDisney app at all. Lots of people on the regular Disney app, taking pictures, and several playing Pokémon or other phone games. The gameplay aspect of the land really seems to be a bust.

I thought the Ronto’s breakfast wrap went to 11, but it’s only 10. Still haven’t tried it. Whomp-whomp.

MFSR has claimed 75 minutes the whole time I’ve been here, but the visible part of the line has fluctuated quite a bit.

Droid backpacks were in stock at 10:10 and 10:30, with almost every person in line buying them. The CM said they “may not last long.” No personality chips. There are Kyber crystals, but they’re behind the counter and you have to ask there to find out which ones.

I’m off to Oga’s for one last visit before I’m out for awhile - I have surgery tomorrow, so this is my Batuu fix for a bit! If anyone has current Batuu questions, hit me up in the next hour or so and I’ll try to get the answers before I go. I haven’t been here alone... ever, so I’m enjoying wandering at my very own pace. ☺
Solo Batuu sounds fuuuuunnnn! Amazing that you could pick up Cantina resie like that! I’ll have to try next time. Good luck with your surgery and best wishes for quick healing!

Notes from Batuu on Monday, August 26:

At 10:05, the Fantasyland entrance was still closed, but they said it would open “within the next hour.” By 10:30, I saw people coming in through that and the Frontierland entrance. I’m guessing they wait for the MFSR line to stop stretching back that far before they open the others.

At 10:10, I was able to grab an Oga’s reservation for one at 11:00. I then saw that the line for Oga’s wrapped almost down to the TIE fighter and thought I made a bad plan, but now at 10:40, the line is normal - maybe halfway down the wall. Not sure why it spiked... maybe a lot of 10am “post-breakfast” rezzies?

I saw three people “scanning” on the datapad over by Oga’s, but haven’t seen anyone else on the PlayDisney app at all. Lots of people on the regular Disney app, taking pictures, and several playing Pokémon or other phone games. The gameplay aspect of the land really seems to be a bust.

I thought the Ronto’s breakfast wrap went to 11, but it’s only 10. Still haven’t tried it. Whomp-whomp.

MFSR has claimed 75 minutes the whole time I’ve been here, but the visible part of the line has fluctuated quite a bit.

Droid backpacks were in stock at 10:10 and 10:30, with almost every person in line buying them. The CM said they “may not last long.” No personality chips. There are Kyber crystals, but they’re behind the counter and you have to ask there to find out which ones.

I’m off to Oga’s for one last visit before I’m out for awhile - I have surgery tomorrow, so this is my Batuu fix for a bit! If anyone has current Batuu questions, hit me up in the next hour or so and I’ll try to get the answers before I go. I haven’t been here alone... ever, so I’m enjoying wandering at my very own pace. ☺
Good luck with your surgery

I have been on MFSR this week. Without getting into spoiler-ish stuff, I just wanted to express my disappointment that the particular role/job that is clearly most popular on this ride is apparently not available to lone guests, like myself. This has been true whether it's the Single Rider queue or the regular queue. I understand that the Single Rider queue would have to operate this way, by its nature, but they are doing the same thing in the regular queue as well. It's always some version of "How many?" "Just me" "Okay, hang on one second" and then I get the leftovers. This has been going on since Sunday.

Now, that aside, I have liked the ride every time I've been on it (which is a lot). The rushing hordes of un-blocked passholders and arriving D23 attendees did not come to pass; I was there tonight and at one point the regular queue dipped to 25 minutes. Maybe they're all coming tomorrow. Anyway, I will try again to request the spot I want tomorrow and maybe my luck will change.
I went up solo a couple weeks back and waited in the standby queue. On reaching the front of the queue, I indicated "1" and was asked, "Do you have a preference for role?" Thus, I was offered the opportunity to ask for Pilot, if I wanted.

I've also developed a bit of skill, while walking the queue, of both feeling out and asking those around me if they wished to form an intentional flight crew. This has provided both successful (6k+ points each mission) and enjoyable (killing time chatting in the queue). I've enjoyed the "this works best if we work as a team!" aspect.

I have been on MFSR this week. Without getting into spoiler-ish stuff, I just wanted to express my disappointment that the particular role/job that is clearly most popular on this ride is apparently not available to lone guests, like myself. This has been true whether it's the Single Rider queue or the regular queue. I understand that the Single Rider queue would have to operate this way, by its nature, but they are doing the same thing in the regular queue as well. It's always some version of "How many?" "Just me" "Okay, hang on one second" and then I get the leftovers. This has been going on since Sunday.

Now, that aside, I have liked the ride every time I've been on it (which is a lot). The rushing hordes of un-blocked passholders and arriving D23 attendees did not come to pass; I was there tonight and at one point the regular queue dipped to 25 minutes. Maybe they're all coming tomorrow. Anyway, I will try again to request the spot I want tomorrow and maybe my luck will change.
We rode today and single rider got pilot as another guest offered it. I also found the order of the cards depends on the CM. Yesterday we were first 3 and got 2 pilot but today first 3 again but pilots were given to last 3 brought through so no real logic!

I am not a gamer. I do not play Playstation or other such games, have no joystick skills, amd do not have fond memories of shoot-em-up games or any current or past shooting games. The only games I play are non-violent, point and click, mystery solving type games. Given that... what position is best for MFSR? I would like to try this ride, but don’t want to ruin anyone else’s enjoyment. Would love thoughts and advice!
As others have said, probably Gunner or Engineer are your best options. While you mention "non-violent", the easiest position is Gunner (I think). You basically press the same button over and over, with one variation. As long as you leave automatic targeting on, it's hard to go wrong at that position. You'll end up shooting at a couple of vehicles, but you don't see anyone. Engineers have to press buttons and flip switches as they light up, so it takes a bit more concentration (to watch the buttons that are to the side of you instead of the screen to the front). Pilot is the most fun (I think), but probably does take the most "skill" (but still doesn't require all that much). I wouldn't stress out to much about which position to play.

... I am not a gamer. I do not play Playstation or other such games, have no joystick skills, amd do not have fond memories of shoot-em-up games or any current or past shooting games. The only games I play are non-violent, point and click, mystery solving type games. Given that... what position is best for MFSR?...
Sounds like you're describing me! We've ridden enough times for me to have figured out that my favorite position is engineer. That's actually the most relaxing position for me -- low key, no stress, Hondo tells you exactly what to do and when, and I have good enough peripheral vision to just glance at the panel now and then (just hit the buttons that flash when Hondo gives the command -- easy!) while watching the action up front. Gunner for me was too much action, but not interesting enough. At least engineer lets you hit more than one button! Pilot isn't for me, although DH enjoys it. I prefer to sit back and enjoy the ride. :)

Last edited:
What SWGE entrance should we head towards after we do Space, Buzz and Star Tours during EMH? Plan is to start heading that way once those 3 are done.

This far the only entrance they seem to open first thing is the one in Critter Country. It sounds like people wait near both the ropes for Adventureland and Frontierland in the hub and then when park opens both entrances are funneled toward the Critter Country entrance.

That said, it sounds like rope drop is one of the busiest times to visit SWGE and you're better off to head over after the morning rush dies down.

My trip is one year away, and I am making a list of all the movies I have to see before entering Disneyland, like Guardians of the Galaxy and the Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad. However... I am total Star Wars-virgin, and I have no idea where to start. Which Star Wars movies should I watch, and in what order to enjoy SWGE the most :)

Watch Star Wars in release order, please.

I personally wanted the same experience as those who saw the movies when they were brand new.

That said, it sounds like rope drop is one of the busiest times to visit SWGE and you're better off to head over after the morning rush dies down.

when would you say morning rush has died down?
Same on regular opening days and Extra Magic Hour / Magic Morning days?
Thanks!

I don't know whether to laugh or roll my eyes at this one...but the OC Register just posted that TSA has banned the SW:GE souvenir Coke, Diet Coke and Sprite bottles from checked and carry-on luggage because they look like replicate explosives. I get that replicate explosives could be problematic, but DL's been selling them since Memorial Day. It's taken TSA until now to notice them?
OC Register Article

I don't know whether to laugh or roll my eyes at this one...but the OC Register just posted that TSA has banned the SW:GE souvenir Coke, Diet Coke and Sprite bottles from checked and carry-on luggage because they look like replicate explosives. I get that replicate explosives could be problematic, but DL's been selling them since Memorial Day. It's taken TSA until now to notice them?
OC Register Article

Has anyone actually had an issue with this though at the airport?

OC Register Article

I know, right? Wouldn't the issue be solved by simply taking the cap off and having it separate from the bottle? Then it is just a spherical bottle.

I know, right? Wouldn't the issue be solved by simply taking the cap off and having it separate from the bottle? Then it is just a spherical bottle.

I agree. I wouldn’t be surprised if Disney & Coke officials are in discussions with TSA about modifying the ruling. Otherwise those bottles will just end up with the confiscated snow globes.

I agree. I wouldn’t be surprised if Disney & Coke officials are in discussions with TSA about modifying the ruling. Otherwise those bottles will just end up with the confiscated snow globes.
There have been numerous reports of people taking the replica thermal detonators home without issue. Maybe the TSA is clamping down now, for whatever reason, but whether this item will invariably be viewed as a replica explosive is not crystal clear. My approach would be to tape the receipt to the thing and pack it that way. The snow globes run afoul of the "liquids" rule, but an empty soda bottle doesn't seem like a big deal.

So just got back from a DL trip. Was my first time seeing Galaxy's Edge.

I am in love with the actual land, though I feel they could use a little bit more entertainment or roaming characters.

We had 2 cantina reservations so we could try a lot of different drinks. It was great listening to DJ Rex, enjoyed a lot of his songs.

We ate at Docking Bay and I loved the food. I thought it was a pretty healthy, different option and it tasted delicious. Had the ribs and vegetarian meatloaf.

We made a droid and were lucky enough that the droid backpacks arrived in stock on our last day.

I was sad to see that Ahsoka's lightsaber was out of stock, would have bought that one.

I went on Smuggler's Run 4 times.

1. Regular line, two of us. Were the 5 and 6 people and got engineer.
2. Regular line, four of us. We were 3, 4, 5 and 6. Got gunners and engineers.
3. Single rider line, three of us. Were all able to ride together due to a group of 2 being pulled, then all the groups behind them were bigger. Were 4, 5 and 6. Got gunner and pilots. The CM looked at boyfriend and I in end of line, then shuffled the cards out of order and handed the engineers to the first 2 in line and we got pilot.
4. Single rider line, 4 of us. There was a queue delay and the 4 of us got to sit together. We were first and got pilots and gunners.

We did pretty well as pilots. Got the asteroid scene during the 4th ride when we were at 100% as pilots.

Still don't love the ride. I wish they'd let us do 'legacy missions'. Would much rather fly through the Empire asteroid field or the second Death Star battle.

Really loved watching the fireworks by the Falcon. Chewie came out right before they started and went along the line visiting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter