image007_zpsaqcwd2ky.jpg
Did you make the Porg ears? If so, you're amazing!

Yes, we did have a reservation at 10am. I think we got seated about 10:15am. My 6 year old is very tall, but still not tall enough for the standard bar tables. I think sitting at a table in there is a much more enjoyable experience with younger kids. My daughter complained she was too tired to stand so we decided it better to wait for a table. They had one group in front of us also waiting for a table. Also it's crowded in there with adults everywhere, so I think it can make smaller kids feel intimidated standing among a bunch of adults they don't know. Unless you have a large party of like 8 people, you will be sharing your table or booth with others.

Did you have a reservation time, and if so, did asking to be seated at a table delay your entry? We will be visiting with our five year old. He’s tall, but not that tall, and I’d like to get him the jello thing that I understand cannot practically be eaten by someone who can’t reach over the tables.

Reactions: EmJ
If I want to watch the fireworks by the Millennium Falcon, do I have to claim a spot early? I heard CMs put tape on the floor or something to that effect to mark where people can stand to watch the fireworks. How early in the evening do they do this? Thanks.

I know crowds are the worst Dec. 26-January 5, but with the second ride opening later in January, might it be less busy this year? It’s the in,y time we can go and just debating if it’s worth it.

That would have been very helpful, but alas, our server never said anything like that when we ordered the drink.

When we were there, it was a little hit-or-miss. The first CM that checked us in (the one with the tablet walking the line), didn't mention anything about requesting a table. The second CM with another tablet (also walking the line) asked us if we'd checked in and mentioned that we would request a table if we wanted to. However, she said that could mean up to an hour additional wait depending on how many groups ahead of us needed or requested a table. She didn't have access to that information, but she could note the request on the check-in. We got lucky and it didn't add to our wait time (beyond the wait in the line), but I could see where it might end up adding time if the timing isn't right.

Regarding the jell-o dish, I think if he had too, it could be eaten without needing the table. It's basically a wider, flatter version of a jell-o cup (maybe about 3.5 to 4 inches wide). It's small enough that either you or he could hold it in your hand while eating it. A table would be better, but it's pretty easy to pick-up/hold if needed.
image007_zpsaqcwd2ky.jpg

Figment's porg hat!!!

I'm dying, it's so CUTE!

Interesting article. Sad to hear about everything that got cut. I don’t see why the Dinner Theater got cut, it seems like that could have paid for itself through high meal prices. WDW has three dinner shows that people are willing to pay high prices for. Personally I am glad attendance is down, and that’s the only reason we ended up going this summer. DL frequently gets miserably crowded. It’s why we often go to WDW instead, despite living in California.
Not sure if this has been discussed or I can post it. Looks like a lot was cut due to budgets
https://www.micechat.com/233418-miceage-disneyland-rumor-update-promising-the-moon/

As with much of SWGE, many promises and poor execution when it comes to keeping many of them. Something that was touched on many times was that there would be at least 3 Smugglers Run experiences. Has anyone heard on a time-frame of when these might be added, if ever?

Obviously a lot was cut in budget cuts, but as for Smuggler's Run currently, I guess for now sometimes you get 1 crate, sometimes you get 2, and sometimes you go to an asteroid field and sometimes you don't!

Unfortunately under Disney's current nickle and dime mentality, cost cuts like the loss of the roaming droids, dinner theater and character interaction that was to be based on how well you piloted the Millennium Falcon, were cut and probably won't ever materialize.

... character interaction that was to be based on how well you piloted the Millennium Falcon, were cut and probably won't ever materialize.

This does happen though? The CM who lets you out usually makes a comment that references your performance and the ride exit...um... responds too? I'll agree that the broader talk about CM's responding to your alliances (which is driven of the Play Disney Parks app Datapad) doesn't seem to quite work though some aspects of the land itself do. The datapad/app need some work though, in our somewhat limited experience.

I also thought the 3 experiences were the different positions? And your performance does drive the ride experience overall as well and its not always the same. As a simulator ride, though, they certainly COULD have different missions and I am sure that will happen down the road.

Does anyone know what the base rate of credits you get from Hondo before he starts deducting damages? I *think* our team did pretty good and got between 8200 and 8300. I'm not sure exactly because we then went around with the datapad and did missions and earned probably 75 to 100 more credits.

Also, they were still out of a lot of things (since the 12th anyway). My husband was disappointed they were out of Ashoka's legacy sabers, her plush, kyber crystals, the metal gift card, and they also didn't have any spare "scrap metal" to purchase after Savi's which tells us they are low on saber parts as well. I wonder if in the near future any of those will be available on Shop Disney. Our next trip isn't going to be until late 2021 in Florida, so it would be nice to get more kyber crystals for the holocrons at least. We got two with Savi's (Palpatine and old Luke) and one with each of our holocrons (Mace Windu and Qui-Gon Jinn).

If I want to watch the fireworks by the Millennium Falcon, do I have to claim a spot early? I heard CMs put tape on the floor or something to that effect to mark where people can stand to watch the fireworks. How early in the evening do they do this? Thanks.
I only watched from there once in mid-July, but we left the Cantina at 9:15 and were still able to squeeze a party of two inside the tape, and several people left a few minutes into the show (maybe they didn’t realize there’d be no music?), so then there was a good bit of room and more people came in to watch.

There wasn’t tape down at 8 that night, but I’m not sure when they put it down now. I have an 8:05 Cantina rez tomorrow, so I can try to scope it out then.

Obviously a lot was cut in budget cuts, but as for Smuggler's Run currently, I guess for now sometimes you get 1 crate, sometimes you get 2, and sometimes you go to an asteroid field and sometimes you don't!
This is dependent on how good your pilots are.

I agree with others that the “three experiences” referenced were the three positions - pilot, gunner, and engineer. Some of the articles/interviews made that explicit.

I also bet that the “other people in the land commenting on how you did” will work WAY better at WDW where they have magic bands. I’ve heard from CMs who work SWGE that there is a scanner thing that was meant to allow for that, but it doesn’t actually work since people don’t walk around with the PlayDisney app open - but at WDW, I bet they’ll be able to do it.

Ehh, they did the same thing with the "light up" walkways in Pandora. I've just come to expect that things will be cut due to reliability or budget on the new lands... including things they have announced.

The variances in the ride was supposed to be much greater depending on how well your "team" did or did not do.

In testing they had to dial it way back to the watered down version it is since a lot of people are teamed up with other unknown people with either different objectives or completely oblivious as to the required interaction.

I have riden it five times and already completed bored with it. Not planning on riding again unless I am there with someone new or they open up Fastpass line.

Eh. I personally feel like it's a shame to miss out on empty Fantasyland/Tomorrowland for the sake of rope-dropping MFSR... if you're the type who like Fantasyland, it's been pretty wild to rope drop and hit every single thing there (besides Matterhorn) with zero wait. When else can you knock out Fantasyland in an hour?

But, if you're there all week and you're a group of fast, purposeful walkers, you could try it. Worst-case scenario, you get trampled at rope drop, get there too late to ride quickly, bail on the ride, and head to Fantasyland anyway!

Thanks for the input. I've been watching wait times, and I think we'll skip it until later in the day. As I type this, it is 5:30 pm at DL and the app shows a wait time of 35 minutes for MFSR. :thumbsup2

:darth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!