Hi, we plan to try to go to Smuggler's Run at rope drop on Friday. Will all 3 entrances to the land be open and which one would you recommend we use? Thanks!
The Critter Country entry is the only one open in the first hour or two the park is open, so you have to line up at Adventureland/Frontierland for rope drop and hustle a LONG way. Be warned that unless you’re quick and able to stay at the front of the pack for an extended journey, you’ll be hitting MFSR at the longest wait of the day - since most people go there first, the wait peaks early and then dies down later.

If you can stay at the front of the pack and walk on, great... but otherwise, I’d hit it later.

The Critter Country entry is the only one open in the first hour or two the park is open, so you have to line up at Adventureland/Frontierland for rope drop and hustle a LONG way. Be warned that unless you’re quick and able to stay at the front of the pack for an extended journey, you’ll be hitting MFSR at the longest wait of the day - since most people go there first, the wait peaks early and then dies down later.

If you can stay at the front of the pack and walk on, great... but otherwise, I’d hit it later.

This was not the case a few weeks ago. The entrance from the Frontierland Trail right past Fantasyland was open right at 8, this was for Saturday and Sunday.

My DD is obsessed with seeing SWGE this December. We are going the 5th through the 9th. She is wanting to build a droid and a light saber. I am just not sure when to do this. We won't be into the Parks until around 1pm on the 5th. Is that too late to build a light saber at Savi's? Can you schedule it ahead of time or do you have to wait until that morning at 7am? How fast are the reservations for Savi's going?

Another question pertains to the payment. I know that when you make the reservation that there is a $199.99 plus tax charge/hold put on your credit card. My DD has her birthday money that she is saving for her saber. Can she pay for it when we go? Will the charge be off my credit card?

TIA

My DD is obsessed with seeing SWGE this December. We are going the 5th through the 9th. She is wanting to build a droid and a light saber. I am just not sure when to do this. We won't be into the Parks until around 1pm on the 5th. Is that too late to build a light saber at Savi's? Can you schedule it ahead of time or do you have to wait until that morning at 7am? How fast are the reservations for Savi's going?

Another question pertains to the payment. I know that when you make the reservation that there is a $199.99 plus tax charge/hold put on your credit card. My DD has her birthday money that she is saving for her saber. Can she pay for it when we go? Will the charge be off my credit card?

TIA
You can schedule Savi's 2 weeks in advance. So pretty much pick whatever time you think would work best for your daughter. The reservations are right up until (I think) half an hour before closing? Anyway, late. We did ours at 9 p.m. What we liked about that is that when we came out, it was dark, and we could flourish our light sabers and take pictures, since they showed up so cool in the dark.

I believe she'll be able to pay with her own money-- not positive, I'd call and ask them. You do need to have photo i.d. and the credit card you reserved with, but they don't charge it till you check in, and I'm guessing you could pay with cash. If not, I guess she could just pay you back.

Also, I'm pretty sure from what I've heard that the reservations aren't going that fast, although that may change for busy December. So maybe try for your reservation right at 14 days out.

Sorry if answered in this thread already, but confused - Is it 14 days or 60 days out for Oga's Canteen reservations? I'm trying at 60 days now and nothing available. Do Disney hotel guests get advance reservations ahead of the pack? And lastly. what time does the reservations open? Midnight? Thank you.

Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland Resort is about to get a whole lot tastier this week! We’ve got an intergalactic shipment of several new menu items flying into the Black Spire Outpost this week, and you won’t want to miss them. But first, I have some exciting news regarding our bookable Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge experiences.
Starting on Oct. 21, to make your trip planning easier and give you more flexibility, Oga’s Cantina (as well as Savi’s Workshop and Droid Depot) will begin offering advance reservations up to 60 days in advance, following the 60-day reservation process currently offered for restaurants and experiences requiring reservations throughout the Disneyland Resort. Each of these experiences makes for an unforgettable visit to the planet of Batuu. Whether you’re making your own lightsaber at Savi’s Workshop, building your very own custom astromech droid unit at Droid Depot, or sipping on a delicious concoction with DJ R-3X at Oga’s Cantina, you’re sure to have blast. These popular experiences book up quickly, so be sure to check out the Disneyland Resort website or the Disneyland app to make your reservations today!
Now, on to the FOOD! There are five new items located throughout the land that you just have to try, all available starting on Oct. 16. Here are all the juicy details:

3B3D6BE8-2DE5-4FA5-84C6-52E32874774D.jpeg

At Oga’s Cantina, a new charcuterie plate will join the menu: the Happabore Sampler featuring a selection of cured meats, artisan cheeses, pickled and preserved rations, and crackers. It’s the perfect shareable bite to munch on while you sip on the many delicious concoctions Oga has to offer.

CA849C7A-E129-4E42-9F73-873033149ED8.jpeg

If you’re picking up a shipment at Docking Bay 7 Food & Cargo, you’ll definitely want to try the new Garden Patty Bun! This new kid’s meal features a bao bun, roasted carrots, house sauce, and an orange.

1FD255C4-E29C-4AD2-AF70-43A33AE2063E.jpeg

Speaking of plant-based, there’s a new Ronto-less Garden Wrap coming to Ronto Roasters featuring plant-based sausage, spicy kimchi slaw, sweet pickled cucumber, and Gochujang spread all wrapped in pita. Also being added to the Ronto Roaster menu is Kyryll Pork Rinds with cinnamon-sugar served in a MSE-6 Series Repair Droid souvenir vessel.

07D95E5C-0686-4279-ABB8-690F7F6934E8.jpeg

Finally, right next door at Kat Saka’s Kettle, you’ll soon be able to snack on chocolate popcorn with Crait Red Salt (this salt comes from Crait, the now-uninhabited red mineral world dusted by a layer of white salt which reflects the planet’s sunlight. Once a Rebel Alliance outpost, the planet has now become a safe haven for the fleeing Resistance forces).
All five of these new items are exclusive to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland Resort and will be available beginning Oct. 16. And don’t forget, you can skip the line and order in advance with mobile ordering on the Disneyland app.* Mobile ordering is available for Docking Bay 7 Food & Cargo, Ronto Roasters, and the Milk Stand.
To learn more about all of the food and beverage offerings throughout the Black Spire Outpost, check out our Foodie Guide to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, the Disneyland Resort website, or the Disneyland app. Happy snacking, travelers!
*Mobile ordering is subject to restrictions and change without notice. Message, data and roaming rates may apply to the use of the Disneyland app. Availability subject to handset limitations and features may vary by handset or service provider. Coverage and app stores not available everywhere. If you’re under 18, get your parents’ permission first.

Source

I agree. I wish the charcuterie plate had a vegetarian option where they just doubled up on a couple of the other things and removed the meat. They're going all plant based and then the super super easy change like that they don't offer. Things like that really make me scratch my head, it seems like it would be so easy in food service to make a modification like that a menu option rather then design something specific from the ground up. (Don't get me wrong, I love that they're doing that, but still...)

I love how right after I stressed on making all my 14 day reservations they decide to change it to 60 days. I'm surprised they didn't do that back when the reservations for getting into the land were lifted.

I wish Batuu had been designed with a table service location themed to the world. That could have been so fantastic! I wonder if they still have room to add something like that as the years go by (and as the space themed WDW location proves to be crazy popular, as I'm sure it will be).

I wonder if Oga’s will still offer same-day reservations in addition to the ones offered 60 days out.

Batuu is definitely in need of more food options, and while these are a step in the right direction, I’m not sure any of these items will be a “must try” draw...
God I hope so because we very rarely plan visits 60 days out.

I have to agree with you on the new food. I was very excited to start reading but it all fell a little flat for me. Although I’ll definitely try the popcorn. I hope it has real chocolate on it a la “moose munch” and not cocoa powder dust or something.

You can schedule Savi's 2 weeks in advance. So pretty much pick whatever time you think would work best for your daughter. The reservations are right up until (I think) half an hour before closing? Anyway, late. We did ours at 9 p.m. What we liked about that is that when we came out, it was dark, and we could flourish our light sabers and take pictures, since they showed up so cool in the dark.

View attachment 443310

I believe she'll be able to pay with her own money-- not positive, I'd call and ask them. You do need to have photo i.d. and the credit card you reserved with, but they don't charge it till you check in, and I'm guessing you could pay with cash. If not, I guess she could just pay you back.

Also, I'm pretty sure from what I've heard that the reservations aren't going that fast, although that may change for busy December. So maybe try for your reservation right at 14 days out.

Do they still have those really neat metal gift cards? She might be able to buy one (currency conversion :P) and then use that to pay for the saber and keep the metal gift card.

Do they still have those really neat metal gift cards? She might be able to buy one (currency conversion :P) and then use that to pay for the saber and keep the metal gift card.
Lately Spira (the metal gift cards) have been available only in the First Order shop but I hear they move them around and only offer in one or two places at a time. I got one last weds at that shop.

They are pretty cool and do make a neat souvenirs- good idea for her to do that!

For the new food- I was just wondering when I was there the other night how soon they would change or add to the offerings at Kat Saka’s. The Outpost Mix was so gross- I’ve yet to hear anyone say they liked it (though I’m sure there are a few folks out there who do). Kat Saka’s was deserted that evening when the rest of Batuu was fairly busy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!