Both Oga’s and Savi’s start being available to book for the next day on the calendar at 7AM Disneyland time. (That’s it’s own time zone right? 😂)

Just thought I’d note that because usually I can book regular dining reservations earlier than that.

We had a party of 9 for a 3:45 reservation on Monday. I requested a booth and waited in the shade near the door while everyone else sat in the shade on the wall bench across from the entrance. We were seated at a booth with a very friendly party of two at 4:05, and once they left a few minutes later, we had the booth to ourselves.

With kids or people who can’t stand for long periods of time, sitting is a much better experience! (Last time we went, my 6 year old could barely look over the high-top table we were assigned.) We had non-alcoholic drinks and especially enjoyed the Cliff Dweller and the Hyperdrive, and we loved the boba bursts in the Oga’s Obsession, though we wanted that cinnamon lava roll again, LOL! Overall, everyone had a great time.

Thanks, this is exactly what I wanted to know about waiting for booth seating. Standing at the bar or a hi-boy table is not a comfortable experience for me. I am willing to wait outside as long as there is seating for that. We'll be there 2nd week of September. If attendance if off this much now I imagine it will drop off even more in September.

The drinks there aren’t my fave. But the experience itself is nice. Only had one bad time but that was due to a rude CM. I’ve gone 4 times so far.
I may be a light weight, but we went twice during the reservation period, any my drinks had PLENTY of alcohol in them. I did not feel shorted on the alcohol by any means! YMMV!

I wouldn't do SR only as a single rider because you should see the full queue at least once. The queue theming is really good and the single rider line skips a lot of that. It can cut down on the wait time, but not always. People here have posted that they have gotten all 3 positions as single riders, most often engineer, but the other 2 positions, too. You are allowed to ask the CM handing out the cards for a position (but be prepared not to get it) and you can ask to trade with your other crew members.
Once you’re put into a group of six, you could trade positions amongst yourself. One time I got pilot because one of the crew wanted to be an engineer.

This morning I easily picked up a cantina reservation for two weeks from now. I woke up late and didn’t log on until 7:45 am so I was certain the slots would all be gone but there were a ton to choose from.

This morning I easily picked up a cantina reservation for two weeks from now. I woke up late and didn’t log on until 7:45 am so I was certain the slots would all be gone but there were a ton to choose from.
I think very few people realize you can book them further out than same-day now.

As a side note, at about 6:30 last night, I walked by the Cantina and the check-in/waiting line was EXTREMELY long, way longer than I’ve seen it since they moved to reservations. Not sure what was up, but I doubt those people at the back were getting in under an hour later. There appeared to be far more people in the line than the Cantina even holds! At least by that time of day, it was shady.

Also, Rey and Chewbacca were playing hide-and-seek with a bunch of kids, and it was adorable. And Vi is so great; she chatted with my daughter for awhile and gave her a code name and all sorts of stuff even though she was sweating bullets in that costume with the wig! Major props to those characters for toughing it out in the heat and making magic for so many people!

I am bringing family from another country tomorrow for one day at DL. I am a huge Star Wars fan but they are not. I don’t want to slow their day down by spending a lot of time waiting for SWGE. It’s been a while and I am out of the loop. Is SWGE a better option at rope drop or should I wait later. What is he best strategy if I dont hit SWGE first?

I am bringing family from another country tomorrow for one day at DL. I am a huge Star Wars fan but they are not. I don’t want to slow their day down by spending a lot of time waiting for SWGE. It’s been a while and I am out of the loop. Is SWGE a better option at rope drop or should I wait later. What is he best strategy if I dont hit SWGE first?

Of course it can change daily, but when we went middle of afternoon (3ish) line for SR was 45-50 minutes which is better than rope drop unless you are right in the front and know exactly where you are going. (we didn't so mid afternoon it was!)

Fantasyland was pretty empty at rope drop, so if you want to hit any of those rides, do it then.

I was there a few weeks ago, so maybe someone with more recent visit will chime in if anything changed since then.

Yes, we know, but we are curious if eliminating same day reservations means the wait time outside will be lessened.
I just went yesterday with a reservation made 2 days earlier and waited 10-15 mins to get in. It was really fun! Such a cool immersive atmosphere!

Of course it can change daily, but when we went middle of afternoon (3ish) line for SR was 45-50 minutes which is better than rope drop unless you are right in the front and know exactly where you are going. (we didn't so mid afternoon it was!)

Fantasyland was pretty empty at rope drop, so if you want to hit any of those rides, do it then.

I was there a few weeks ago, so maybe someone with more recent visit will chime in if anything changed since then.
I was there yesterday and we rode first thing. It was not actually our original plan after reading on these boards but then we found ourselves first in line at the gate and that put us first at rope drop into SWL so wait time was minimal. I would only say to go for that if you are really in front though, because when we got out the wait time was already over an hour. You could choose single rider if it’s only you, but the queue is pretty cool and you may want to see it.

Keep an eye on the wait times but it drops down around 12pm. Last week we got in line around 1:50 with a posted wait of 75 minutes. We were done by 2:30. I’ve done the ride several times since it opened and knew where the line was that it would be less than an hour even though it said 75 minutes. And sure enough it was.

How crazy are Oga reservations? I tried between midnight and 1 am and not available and wake up around 8am and it’s booked for the entire day? (Wednesday sept 25)

How crazy are Oga reservations? I tried between midnight and 1 am and not available and wake up around 8am and it’s booked for the entire day? (Wednesday sept 25)
They’re only available for the next two weeks. They’re also currently going online at 7am each day - maybe they’ll change to midnight when they go to 60 days out?

They’re not crazy; you’re just looking way too early.

They’re only available for the next two weeks. They’re also currently going online at 7am each day - maybe they’ll change to midnight when they go to 60 days out?

They’re not crazy; you’re just looking way too early.

What’s this now? Is the Oga’s and Savi’s reservation method changing at some point? Is it going into the actual ADR system?? Any further info on this would be appreciated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter