New survey

How do you sign up for the aquaduck, then leave your phone in a cubby once you're called? We'd all be required to get those clear bags to hold our phones or just not use the amenities with lines and water.

I like fewer crowds and I don't really care about meet and greets (although that's part of the Disney experience), but wearing a mask everywhere.... hmm. Ask me that after I've had to live with them for a few months. Maybe I'll be okay with them once I'm used to it, but right now, not ideal, given the cost of the cruise.

These are the ones that stood out to me on the protocols mentioned:

1. "Guests required to wear masks/cloth face coverings at all times (unless dining or in water activities)"
2. "Access to port limited to only those who book shore excursion with Disney"

So is the bar considered dining? So you can only go to ports when you book excursion with DCL?

These are the ones that stood out to me on the protocols mentioned:

1. "Guests required to wear masks/cloth face coverings at all times (unless dining or in water activities)"
2. "Access to port limited to only those who book shore excursion with Disney"

So is the bar considered dining? So you can only go to ports when you book excursion with DCL?
I noticed the port excursions though DCL only as well. Considering the price of the excursions through them, the $250 OBC they would offer would be eaten up by that. For example, we usually take the bus to Horseshoe Bay (Bemuda) for $6, and stay at our leisure. Now we have to book through them, pay markedly more and be ready to leave when they say. Ugh... I am praying it is cancelled.

I noticed the port excursions though DCL only as well. Considering the price of the excursions through them, the $250 OBC they would offer would be eaten up by that. For example, we usually take the bus to Horseshoe Bay (Bemuda) for $6, and stay at our leisure. Now we have to book through them, pay markedly more and be ready to leave when they say. Ugh... I am praying it is cancelled.

Exactly. We are family of 6 so we do a lot of the same shore excursions DCL does, we just don't do them through DCL. For example, Falmouth is my least favorite port. When the port area has to be cordoned off with barbed wire fences and razor wire, that's a clue. But when we have to go there, we go to Jewel Runaway Bay Beach and Golf Resort. We do the resorts for a day route and it's half as much as DCL, we're there prior to DCL so we can get a cabana along the lazy river and we can return whenever we want instead of waiting until all aboard the DCL bus. So having to go only through DCL would be a bummer. Also, having to go through DCL alone would cause less social distancing because we would all be at the same few excursions instead of everyone on the ship going off to do their own shopping thing or whatever.

I have two cancelled cruises and am not sure the third try will stick either. The survey sounds interesting, but other than testing everyone at port arrival and then periodically throughout the cruise with subsequent quarantine, do we really think any of the proposed measures will work? Time slots for pool time, no more self serve, no more deck parties, masks even, it’s a ship with a lot of people (even with reduced capacity), if it’s on the ship, it will spread.

I have two cancelled cruises and am not sure the third try will stick either. The survey sounds interesting, but other than testing everyone at port arrival and then periodically throughout the cruise with subsequent quarantine, do we really think any of the proposed measures will work? Time slots for pool time, no more self serve, no more deck parties, masks even, it’s a ship with a lot of people (even with reduced capacity), if it’s on the ship, it will spread.
Could you imagine an outbreak and not being let off? What a nightmare that would be.

I'm pretty easy and realize that should I get to go on my December cruise there will be adaptations.

The one thing I can't figure out how they would do is the "requiring negative test results prior to boarding"
I live in West Central Florida. Next week, for the first time ever, we'll have a cost-free/open to anyone testing site. Test results will take 7-10 days! I've heard about this from different counties as well. (Side note: The shocking numbers of Florida... at least a week old!)
A week-old negative test isn't of much value to DCL, since you could easily have contracted Covid19 elsewhere in the meantime.

It would be interesting to see who got these surveys. It may provide some evidence into how soon DCL can realistically begin sailing. My cruise is the first sailing out of San Diego in October. I did not get a survey.
I’m booked on a sailing out of PC in November and didn’t get one, either.

I am on the November 14th sailing referenced in the survey and I did not receive one. I certainly don't want to go to the Bahamas, except for Castaway Cay. I purchased that cruise specifically for Tortola and St. Thomas (do it yourself). I also have four grandchildren, who are very much looking forward to the kids clubs. It would be sad if they could not attend those! They have been cooped up watching Disney videos for 4 months, and are looking forward to some time with other children. They need a vacation too!

Maybe they will have the breath test for Covid available by November. It seems to very effective in other countries where it is being used.

$250 per room is not enough of an on-board credit if we have to do our excursions through DCL there is limited access to the kids clubs, and we have to pre-book all our on board activities. That sounds like work, and I need rest, relaxation, and spontaneity. For first time cruisers, how many activities and kids club spots will even have openings by the 75 day mark? They should just tell me there is not enough room for my family and cancel my reservation all together. Then I can use my refund to plan a week in the Disney parks and resorts instead.

I'm thinking the port excursions by DCL only could be because of restrictions at certain ports not allowing cruise ship passengers to wander through town

The port excursion thing would be a no for me. I just wanted to go to the beach at St. thomas and didn’t really want to pay the inflated price for the Disney sponsored tour.

And we really did a Disney cruise for the benefit of the character meets. My daughter would be disappointed. May just wait until all of that stuff is back. I could sail on another ship for 1/2 the price

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter