New survey

Also I didn’t receive the survey. I’m on the 4/3 fantasy sailing. May just do my backup stay at Disney instead 😞. My daughter was really excited about the idea of going on the cruise

I'm pretty easy and realize that should I get to go on my December cruise there will be adaptations.

The one thing I can't figure out how they would do is the "requiring negative test results prior to boarding"
I live in West Central Florida. Next week, for the first time ever, we'll have a cost-free/open to anyone testing site. Test results will take 7-10 days! I've heard about this from different counties as well. (Side note: The shocking numbers of Florida... at least a week old!)
A week-old negative test isn't of much value to DCL, since you could easily have contracted Covid19 elsewhere in the meantime.
We were planning on two weeks in Hawaii in Oct. since we will have missed out on 10 days at DL. They are opening next month and require a negative test 72 hours prior to arrival! We are holding off because currently making that window would be nearly impossible! Oregon is even starting to talk about shortage of testing supplies, so how is that going to work? I also believe that the incubation period may be even longer than discussed. My husband and I had VERY MINOR symptoms 2 days after getting home from the WBPC cruise, and ended up testing positive. No symptoms on the ship for 13 days.

So, I’m a little confused....it seems like most of you are assuming the changes listed in the survey are DEFINITELY going to happen? I didn’t receive the survey so maybe I’m missing something but my guess is that they’re throwing out ALL the possible changes to see what we do/don’t want so they can make an informed decision on how/when to resume cruising.

So, I’m a little confused....it seems like most of you are assuming the changes listed in the survey are DEFINITELY going to happen? I didn’t receive the survey so maybe I’m missing something but my guess is that they’re throwing out ALL the possible changes to see what we do/don’t want so they can make an informed decision on how/when to resume cruising.

Didn’t WDW do a similar survey and most of the items came true? I think this is Disney’s way of slowly breaking the news to us

I didn't receive the survey and currently have 3 cruises booked over the next 13 months :rolleyes2 Gotta say a lot of the stuff mentioned would be a big ol NOPE from me. But, I understand that they are throwing in a lot of info and it's a survey of guests to see what people think so maybe some of it won't come to fruition....but yeah....not going to pay DCL prices for these types of things and would definitely cancel all currently-booked cruises :(

A lot of these are dealbreakers for me. I'll cancel my reservation if Disney:

- Changes a Caribbean cruise to a Bahamas cruise
- Removes/reduces parties, shows, and kids club access
- Reduces the dining experience
- Limits port access
- Requires masks (Don't get me wrong, I wear masks every time I'm out of the house or at work. But I'm not paying $12,000 to wear a mask on a cruise ship. I'll just wait until it's safe to cruise.)

And a $250 credit is laughable at that price. If Disney wants to incentivize a reduced cruise, then they'll have to offer a 20% credit.

I got the survey and was eliminated by one of the questions. But just scanning this thread and the questions that were asked makes me think my Italy/Greece cruise next June is doubtful...😕

This one has me concerned:

Guests’ temperature screened prior to embarkation and returning from each port of call

Will they just leave me stranded at a foreign port of call if my temperature is elevated?
Or will they confine me to my cabin ? until when?
Yea that’s very true. I’d be concerned. Ugh. Every day it seems like our April cruise is less and less likely. Maybe we’ll just plan for 2022 and hope things are better by then

I'm thinking the port excursions by DCL only could be because of restrictions at certain ports not allowing cruise ship passengers to wander through town
THIS! You are a genius! Bermuda has such tight restrictions right now. DCL could be negotiating to allow their ships to dock in ports. They want to let these nations know their guests will be monitored and under their watch while onshore.

THIS! You are a genius! Bermuda has such tight restrictions right now. DCL could be negotiating to allow their ships to dock in ports. They want to let these nations know their guests will be monitored and under their watch while onshore.

It would be like herding cats. Imagine having that job and trying to keep tabs on a gaggle of 30-120 people at a time. Some people cab it back on their own even when on a DCL shore excursion. Whoever that DCL guy/gal is, they're going to have their work cut out for them.

It would be like herding cats. Imagine having that job and trying to keep tabs on a gaggle of 30-120 people at a time. Some people cab it back on their own even when on a DCL shore excursion. Whoever that DCL guy/gal is, they're going to have their work cut out for them.
AGREED! People will circumvent! And what will they do? Not let you back on the ship if you take a cab back from the beach? This is sounding WAAAY tooo stressful!

It would be interesting to see who got these surveys. It may provide some evidence into how soon DCL can realistically begin sailing. My cruise is the first sailing out of San Diego in October. I did not get a survey.

Yes, this. Can we extrapolate from the surveys delivered when their target resumption of cruising is? So far, out of who's received a survey, who has the earliest sail date? Would be cool if people who have received a survey could let us know their sale date. Might give us a rough idea of when DCL thinks they can get back at it.

This makes sense. No matter how careful DCL is while onboard, they need to be able to convince many island nations that they will be okay after allowing thousands of Americans into their country. Most are not equipped to be a covid hotspot even if it's for their own citizens. It will take drastic changes to convince them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter