New Star Wars Spectacular

OUCH. An hour and a half would never happen unless DH stayed and I took the kids on rides. Is that allowed? DD has ASD and there is no way on earth she could ever stay there that long.
Yes I've seen plenty of people hold spots, especially easy if you have a stroller.

We really enjoyed it and had a great view, but we were really fortunate in that. There is a very limited viewing area for seeing the full scope of the show and people definitely pack in. If you're a huge Star Wars fan then it's worth staking out a spot, but otherwise just catching what you can of it could still be enjoyable.

I'm not sure you'd need a full 90 minutes or more to stake out a good spot. We were there on 3/11 (a CL7 day, per TouringPlans), and we didn't grab a spot until 30 minutes before the show. We ended up about three rows of people back and just to the left of center in front of the stage where they do the SW character show during the day. We had a great view of the projections, a perfect angle for the fireworks, and the other effects felt like they were all around us. Of course, YMMV, but even in the summer season you should be able to find something doable without sitting there for 90+ minutes (IMO).

So you can't see Fantasmic and then the SW show? It is one or the other? That stinks. Was hoping to do both in our trip this summer.
When we were there, Fantasmic started 45 minutes before SW show. We watched Fantasmic and then kept left in the exit so we wouldn't get dumped out by Beauty and the Beast and instead we came out near the entrance. We had time to walk to a closer spot and see the SW show...we did NOT have an optimal viewing area and one of the side screens was partially blocked. So we saw both and we weren't seated in the back of the Fantasmic theater...we were left of Center and all the way in the front row.

We went on a quiet, low crowd day last September, walking in to DHS about 5-10 mins before the show started. We easily worked our way through the loose crowds and got a spot just about front and centre (very near the stage). Of course, this is with just two adults inching our way up.

That said, there were very good spots easily available right beside the speakers (or whatever those things are) and I believe that's considered an optimal spot (a little further back from the stage)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter