New Star Wars Spectacular

LCoulter

Whoah Mouse
I guess I won't have the original Star Wars fireworks show to compare it to, but how does everyone like the new show? I assume that you can only see the projects in the courtyard area and there are very few actual fireworks, at least compared to the original.

I did see Jingle Bell Jingle Bam from the back of the dessert party viewing area and thought the viewing location sucked. The show had potential but they didn't have many fireworks, the lasers were cool, and it was hard to see the projections through all the heads in front of me. It was a bit underwhelming which is what I am figuring Star Wars will be.

Very few fireworks or lasers...it's basically a projection show on TGM. I thought it was cool because I'm a SW fan, but I would never skip the spectacle of Fantasmic! for it. Yes you have to be in the perfect position or you will not be able to see the sides as many things are projected to the left and right of the main TGM entrance. Plenty of heads and kids on shoulders, I would certainly not take my young kids as there isn't much that is high enough for them to see except the people in front of them.

I really loved it! I've heard mixed reviews, but if you are a Star Wars fan it's can't miss to me. There are more projections, but also laser effects and pyro (lots of fire). I was able to have a good view from the rear of the courtyard (I am tall though). It is very worth doing.

They have several screens to view as the middle stage where Star Wars characters come out. Star Wars fans will LOVE it! It only has a few fireworks and if I remember, it has fire along the stage as well. If you have kiddos that want to see it, get a front row spot or be prepared to hold them up to see it as it is a standing show. DH loved it. I was happy seeing it once. DD was indifferent and used it as a time to stand in the shade and check her phone..lol

You'll have some decent viewing if you do the SW dessert party though, correct?

Our family (3/4 of whom love SW) thought it was really fantastic. Even my wife, who couldn't care less about SW, really enjoyed the spectacle. We were about 2-3 rows back from the small stage they use during the day, and had a great view of the projections, effects, and fireworks. Because of how the show operates, we felt like it was happening all around us, which was really neat.

I loved the show. It's a must do for me now. My mother has never seen a Star Wars movie and she also said she loved the show. If it's feasible attend the dessert party. No need to scope out a spot and perfect viewing from the party viewing area.

It's fun. NOT as good as the original fireworks show but still worthwhile to see at least once. The lasers, smoke, flames and projection effects are all pretty cool.

It's ok. I've seen it a few times now because other family members love it plus I wanted to try the Dessert Party. LOL I enjoyed the dessert party immensely. If you really like Star Wars, you'll like it. I'm not a huge Star Wars fan so that may be why I'm so-so on the new laser projection show.

The viewing area for the show is not good - it's pretty small actually if you really want to see the projections on the theater. And trees block the few fireworks there is unless you are a really good spot.

I'm going to be skipping it on my next trip and seeing Fantasmic instead.

It's ok. I've seen it a few times now because other family members love it plus I wanted to try the Dessert Party. LOL I enjoyed the dessert party immensely. If you really like Star Wars, you'll like it. I'm not a huge Star Wars fan so that may be why I'm so-so on the new laser projection show.

The viewing area for the show is not good - it's pretty small actually if you really want to see the projections on the theater. And trees block the few fireworks there is unless you are a really good spot.

I'm going to be skipping it on my next trip and seeing Fantasmic instead.

So you can't see Fantasmic and then the SW show? It is one or the other? That stinks. Was hoping to do both in our trip this summer.

So you can't see Fantasmic and then the SW show? It is one or the other? That stinks. Was hoping to do both in our trip this summer.

Unfortunately not - Fantasmic will usually finish up just as the Star Wars show is starting and it's impossible to get from Fantasmic to the Star Wars viewing area in time (let alone find a good spot). if they're running 2 fantasmic shows that night though you can catch the later one after the fireworks.

Is this show different than what was going on in October last year? We loved that show, thought it was amazing and booked the dessert party for our May trip to do it again. I wouldn't want to do the party to see a lesser version of what we already saw.

They have several screens to view as the middle stage where Star Wars characters come out. Star Wars fans will LOVE it! It only has a few fireworks and if I remember, it has fire along the stage as well.
The stage show (where all the characters come out one at a time with some movie clips) is different from the Galactic Spectacular at night.

Unfortunately not - Fantasmic will usually finish up just as the Star Wars show is starting and it's impossible to get from Fantasmic to the Star Wars viewing area in time (let alone find a good spot). if they're running 2 fantasmic shows that night though you can catch the later one after the fireworks.
Thank you!

We were probably within the first 10-20% of the people out of Fantasmic and the first fireworks for the Galactic Spectacular went off right when we got to the front of TOT. We hustled to the main entrance street and watched the rest of the show. We could really only see the main screen from our view but the show was still great.

So if you had young children who want to see it, how early in advance would you need to stake out a spot during the busy summer months?

So if you had young children who want to see it, how early in advance would you need to stake out a spot during the busy summer months?
an hour and a half before, at least. Unless you don't mind watching it from very, very close. You miss the wide scope of the show but get to see projections on the Chinese Theater and the fireworks if you go all the way in front of the chinese theater

an hour and a half before, at least. Unless you don't mind watching it from very, very close. You miss the wide scope of the show but get to see projections on the Chinese Theater and the fireworks if you go all the way in front of the chinese theater

OUCH. An hour and a half would never happen unless DH stayed and I took the kids on rides. Is that allowed? DD has ASD and there is no way on earth she could ever stay there that long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter