New RIV Listing

No because there was a date and everyone after that agreed to the rule of no trade in and out.

I didn't agree to trade out but no trade in for RIV.

But, the documents that go with the RIV entry to BVTC carry over to all contracts from that date. That is my understanding,

The document I posted is what put in limitations for L14 after Jan 19 and is now part of BVTC POS. So, any purchase, direct or resale, is bound by the terms of BVTC at the time they buy, so if those are the terms now, and it says .they now have the ability to change things...as an owner, I would think you’d be subject to those rules as well, as when you buy you assume all the aspects of the POS documents,

But, the documents that go with the RIV entry to BVTC carry over to all contracts from that date. That is my understanding,

The document I posted is what put in limitations for L14 after Jan 19 and is now part of BVTC POS. So, any purchase, direct or resale, is bound by the terms of BVTC at the time they buy, so if those are the terms now, and it says .they now have the ability to change things...as an owner, I would think you’d be subject to those rules as well, as when you buy you assume all the aspects of the POS documents,

Correct but my point is changing to a trade out but no in for those currently excluded would seem to bump up against some sort of legal issue.

We are only talking about resale owners since Jan 2019.

Disney has language that they can do what they want but seems there would be some protection outside of the contract as well.

Thats why I can't see a 1 way change.

What I never realized until recently was the document was approved by Florida Timeshare Bureau. I think that aspect gave it more legally standing then I initially thought.

Im trying to get a copy of the BVTC POS as I didn’t get one recently. I am just excited to see what this listing went for!

I personally wouldn't give any credence to a timeshare board's decision as being legally binding or even given any legal deference. I'm a patent attorney and I see the US patent office REGULARLY screw things up. Trust me -- courts do not give the patent office's "findings" much weight. And if I had to guess, the Florida timeshare board is probably not filled with a bunch of MENSA members or legal scholars.

I personally wouldn't give any credence to a timeshare board's decision as being legally binding or even given any legal deference. I'm a patent attorney and I see the US patent office REGULARLY screw things up. Trust me -- courts do not give the patent office's "findings" much weight. And if I had to guess, the Florida timeshare board is probably not filled with a bunch of MENSA members or legal scholars.

Thanks for insight. I just assumed their job was to ensure it met with the law. While it may mean nothing, I think it’s at least a layer that seems to be at least Disney trying to comply

Looks like the Riviera 125 point contract on Fidelity listed at $160 is under contract. I low balled and they came back with $144 so maybe they accepted something less now that it's been listed for awhile...

Looks like the Riviera 125 point contract on Fidelity listed at $160 is under contract. I low balled and they came back with $144 so maybe they accepted something less now that it's been listed for awhile...
Just curious what offer amount did they reject? No way they got $160 a point right?

I offered $100 pp and they came back with a hard $144 pp. This ended my negotiations with the seller. If they originally wouldn't take any less than $144, maybe somebody got it for slightly less would be my guess.

I offered $100 pp and they came back with a hard $144 pp. This ended my negotiations with the seller. If they originally wouldn't take any less than $144, maybe somebody got it for slightly less would be my guess.
How responsive is fidelity to offers? I put in an offer with them today and have yet to hear from them at all.

Took them 3 days to get back to me on both contracts I've offered on. They have the worst communication by far of any DVC resale company.

I remember quite a while ago I said I would buy at $50 pp (jokingly) just so I could resell and make money and people argued with me that with restrictions, buying at $50 pp might not be a good deal because the resale market hadn't been tested yet. :)

Maybe someone accepted the $144 the seller was willing to take? If so, higher than I would pay as well.

To save $6,000 the buyer is willing to stay only at RIV for the next 48/49 years? That's more dedication to a single Disney resort than I could muster.

To save $6,000 the buyer is willing to stay only at RIV for the next 48/49 years? That's more dedication to a single Disney resort than I could muster.

It could be someone who also has other points that allow for stays elsewhere so having restricted points isn’t as big of deal because they could be for specific trips.

Now that I have fallen in love with RIV, I’d buy resale points to add to what I own there, but I also currently have 825 points that are valid everywhere

It could be someone who also has other points that allow for stays elsewhere so having restricted points isn’t as big of deal because they could be for specific trips.

Now that I have fallen in love with RIV, I’d buy resale points to add to what I own there, but I also currently have 825 points that are valid everywhere

Good point. Didn't consider that as a factor with multiple home resorts. Wonder if this perspective will buoy the price of RIV resales. I figured the restriction would at least halve the direct price, but looking at this example and the monthly report put out by a DVC reseller, the discount for buying RIV resale is the lowest among all DVC resorts.

One of the resale brokers just posted average sale prices for feb. Looks like the 110 point April uy contract that was initially listed for 144 pp was sold for 139.

One of the resale brokers just posted average sale prices for feb. Looks like the 110 point April uy contract that was initially listed for 144 pp was sold for 139.
Which Broker - do you have a link ??
Are average prices trending downward?
ET :darth:

Which Broker - do you have a link ??
Are average prices trending downward?
ET :darth:
Sandiw posted the link. According to the broker it seems like poly, boardwalk and grand Floridian are the ones they have a ton of inventory. Based on what I see it looks like poly and grand Floridian are the ones that seemed to drop in pp over the 12 months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter