New RIV Listing

TexasChick123

Always Dreaming of Our Next Vacation
DVC Silver
There was a new RIV listing for 110 points which was listed at $144pp. I don't know when the offer came in because I have been messing around with wait lists the last few days and not checking the resale sites, but it looks like it is already sold in less than 2 days. It could have sold in the first day or early this morning. It was listed on 2/3 and has a status of "offer accepted". The same broker sold a RIV resale contract for $150pp a month or two ago. They still have a RIV contract listed at $175pp. While I would LOVE to see a resale RIV contract go for $175pp, I think that isn't realistic at this point in time. I bought direct points for an effective price of $170pp with incentives.

ETA: The purpose of this post is really because I know there are several people keeping an eye on all resale prices for all resorts.

I thought the 110 point contract on that site was originally listed for $160 a point and they accepted an offer of $144 per point. Might be wrong though. I was watching 2 contracts on that site for a couple weeks but I could be wrong. Honestly even at $144 its still too high for me. Why buy Riv there at that price with resale restrictions when you can but Poly for around the same or BLT or CCV and not be restricted.

I thought the 110 point contract on that site was originally listed for $160 a point and they accepted an offer of $144 per point. Might be wrong though. I was watching 2 contracts on that site for a couple weeks but I could be wrong.

This was a new listing as of 2/3. It isn't one of the Fidelity ones..

175 per point for a restricted contract????

I found the one perk that makes it worth it to buy direct - the ability to switch resorts!!

175 per point for a restricted contract????

I found the one perk that makes it worth it to buy direct - the ability to switch resorts!!

Yep. The $175pp is silly IMO. Hey, it never hurts to ask, I guess. There also could be a lot of things going on there that we don't know about. It could be a divorce where one spouse doesn't want to sell, so s/he lists very high. I can think of many other scenarios. One thing is for certain, I think they will have a very hard time selling it at $175pp for a restricted resale contract.

This was a new listing as of 2/3. It isn't one of the Fidelity ones..
I inquired about that listing, considering to make an offer at the time, though it's pending again (within a few hours of being listed). It was indeed a relist with the broker (their app alerted me that and I was told when I called); I just don't recall what it was originally listed at.

I inquired about that listing, considering to make an offer at the time, though it's pending again (within a few hours of being listed). It was indeed a relist with the broker (their app alerted me that and I was told when I called); I just don't recall what it was originally listed at.
I believe it was the one I was watching for $160 a point before it was relisted.

That's interesting. I obviously haven't been checking regularly because I didn't know it was there before nor did I know it sold in hours. Again, I would love it if it'd gone for $160pp, but that is too close to direct for now.

RIV direct went from $188 to $195 recently, but with the newest incentives a 200pt contract is $175pp.
200pts $39k - $4k incentives = $35k/$175pp

Resale at $175pp is hard to swallow.

RIV direct went from $188 to $195 recently, but with the newest incentives a 200pt contract is $175pp.
200pts $39k - $4k incentives = $35k/$175pp

Resale at $175pp is hard to swallow.

It's just silly honestly. You should never buy resale at any resort if it costs the same as direct. It just doesn't make any sense. Purchasing direct is so much faster and easier than resale. There is an inherent discount which needs to be taken into account when buying resale. Direct points are closed and done in a day. If you buy 100 points, you get all of the perks. Resale takes months and comes with a lot of restrictions. Don't get me wrong, I love all of my resale points, but they were MUCH cheaper than direct.

It's just silly honestly. You should never buy resale at any resort if it costs the same as direct. It just doesn't make any sense. Purchasing direct is so much faster and easier than resale. There is an inherent discount which needs to be taken into account when buying resale. Direct points are closed and done in a day. If you buy 100 points, you get all of the perks. Resale takes months and comes with a lot of restrictions. Don't get me wrong, I love all of my resale points, but they were MUCH cheaper than direct.
Plus with RIV resale once you purchased it you can only use your points at RIV. With Direct you can use your points at any DVC property. That alone would make me want to pay even a little bit more for Direct.

I thought the 110 point contract on that site was originally listed for $160 a point and they accepted an offer of $144 per point. Might be wrong though. I was watching 2 contracts on that site for a couple weeks but I could be wrong. Honestly even at $144 its still too high for me. Why buy Riv there at that price with resale restrictions when you can but Poly for around the same or BLT or CCV and not be restricted.
if you want to stay at RIV, you'd have to buy RIV. Any other resale won't get you there.

Does it seem strange that u cant use resale points at RIV, but if you buy RIV resale then u can stay there ? do I have that right ??

Does it seem strange that u cant use resale points at RIV, but if you buy RIV resale then u can stay there ? do I have that right ??

Resale at L14 can stay at any L14 at 7 months. Resale at RIV only allows you to stay at RIV, for now. Watch for a booking fee to be implemented which allows RIV resale buyers to switch at 7 months at well.

5e $175 one was the one that sold for $150 but then fell through. I wonder if the asking price is what it Is because the owner wants or knows they will get lower offers and may think it gives them room to negotiate?

But, yeah, I can’t imagine someone paying that as it’s too close to direct pricing.

if you want to stay at RIV, you'd have to buy RIV. Any other resale won't get you there.
Yeah I know. I was just saying, why pay that for Riv and only be able to stay there via resale when you can buy Poly, BLT, or CCV and be able to stay at any of the Legacy Resorts.

Resale at L14 can stay at any L14 at 7 months. Resale at RIV only allows you to stay at RIV, for now. Watch for a booking fee to be implemented which allows RIV resale buyers to switch at 7 months at well.
Wouldnt be surprising. Any DRR resale contract is going to have a ton of fun when points go into holding!

You can only book at 60 days at what will probably be a pretty highly demanded resort that literally hundreds of thousands of members can switch into. Good luck with that

Yeah I know. I was just saying, why pay that for Riv and only be able to stay there via resale when you can buy Poly, BLT, or CCV and be able to stay at any of the Legacy Resorts.

well -- for one -- some people like the location of the riviera, given access to the skyliners. The only comparables for the location (in DVC) would be BWV or BCV.

Secondly -- RIV is much better appointed than BCV or BWV -- and it has better room layout with better views than either BCV or BWV.

Not to mention -- 50 years vs 22 years of availability.

So for anyone looking for an Epcot resort, RIV is a good option.

Poly can also act as an Epcot resort...and it has the advantage of being an MK resort as well, with its proximity to the TTC -- but it has the problem of no 1BR or 2BR units (yes -- bungalows are 2BRs technically -- but they are more expensive than GVs).

yes -- if you buy L14 you can stay at BWV or BCV -- but good luck getting a room during those hard to get times. You're at the whim of the 7 month availability and that is slim pickings for much of the year...at least with studios or 2BRs.

If you're good with 1BRs, then I could see a very good case for SSR resale as a substitute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!