*** New Official February 2013 Thread ***

One week! One week!!!

So, I ordered some necessities to be delivered from Walmart.com to hopefully be waiting for us when we get to POR. I ordered last night and already got email confirmation that they shipped! Will the resort be okay holding these items until our arrival?? It shipped way in advance of the timeframe given when i placed the order. Any thoughts??

Hope you all have a magical afternoon:)

-Kelly

I have read that they resorts are totally fine with holding them until you get there. I have an order in my cart for Walmart and need to finalize it. I don't know what else I am waiting for.

brobrosmom said:
Us too! We may just see each other on the road. Are y'all stopping somewhere for the night on Friday? We are stopping in Tallahassee.

I wish we could get to Tallahassee , but we are not leaving until after school- so we are stopping in Mobile. And I know if I try to leave sooner traffic in Baton Rouge will be horrible!! Are you from New Orleans?

15 days for us!! It's been minus 40 here all week so we are really looking forward to getting out of the cold and enjoying a week in Florida!

I wish we could get to Tallahassee , but we are not leaving until after school- so we are stopping in Mobile. And I know if I try to leave sooner traffic in Baton Rouge will be horrible!! Are you from New Orleans?

About an hour south of New Orleans. I am hoping that we can leave around lunch time...depending on when DH can get off work and if the kids have anything major at school. If not than we will leave around 3:30. We usually hit New Orleans traffic :scared1: but after that it's pretty smooth all the way to Tallahassee. Where are y'all staying once at WDW? We are at Kidani Village...9 of us.

About an hour south of New Orleans. I am hoping that we can leave around lunch time...depending on when DH can get off work and if the kids have anything major at school. If not than we will leave around 3:30. We usually hit New Orleans traffic :scared1: but after that it's pretty smooth all the way to Tallahassee. Where are y'all staying once at WDW? We are at Kidani Village...9 of us.

Oh wait...I see now...All Star Sports. We stayed there last January and my boys loved it! They are sports nuts...especially my oldest.

I am giddy with excitement and can't wait to get there. I plan on packing this weekend so I don't have any last minute laundry to do (although I ALWAYS have laundry:laundy:). I can't believe it has been almost a year of planning all for it to be so close. Here's to hoping we all stay healthy!

Do the super dooper happy dance:::

Got my PP+ package in the mail!!
And I found the PERFECT pair of princess shoes for my daughter and they were 1/2 off YAY :)

brobrosmom said:
Oh wait...I see now...All Star Sports. We stayed there last January and my boys loved it! They are sports nuts...especially my oldest.

Well it will take us about 2 hours to get to Baton Rouge without traffic , so I think you will have a shorter trip than us. Lucky you! We are staying at the sports- not my first choice but it was a spur of the moment trip and my favorite POR was booked . ( I got a free dining pin and booked immediately) So I hope we will like it- But at least we will be at disney ! When we went in may , there were 15 of us. It was fun, but man I was tired by the end of that trip!

Almost a week for me too! This will be my first trip to WDW, and I'm so excited to be going with my DBF and 2 DS. :) They all think I'm planning too much and reading too much on the DIS, but I've gotten such invaluable info here! I praying for good weather for the plane flights so we can just get down there on schedule. lol My only regret is not being able to get a BOG ressie for dinner, but I'm not too sad since we can just go there for lunch. Actually switched my resort from CSR to the Poly...looking forward to watching Wishes from the Poly beach at night. :)

This time next week we'll be driving on our way!!!!:banana:
Can't wait to see the kids faces when we pull up to WDW and tell them we're staying for a few days before going to see the grandparentsparty:

Well it will take us about 2 hours to get to Baton Rouge without traffic , so I think you will have a shorter trip than us. Lucky you! We are staying at the sports- not my first choice but it was a spur of the moment trip and my favorite POR was booked . ( I got a free dining pin and booked immediately) So I hope we will like it- But at least we will be at disney ! When we went in may , there were 15 of us. It was fun, but man I was tired by the end of that trip!

I've never been with this many people so that will be new for me. We are going with another family and this will be their first trip. I am excited to see what they think of it and if they will be as Disney crazy as we are.

We have another trip booked for June and there will be 14 of us for the 1st 2 days and then they all leave to go on a Disney cruise. As much as I'd love to go on the cruise I just can't bring myself to spend $4400 on a 4 day cruise!

Everything I've read says Spring, so I think all of our Feb trips will just miss these. This, of course, is just my opinion.

I'm honestly a bit bummed out that we won't get the wrist bands. I thought they looked kind of neat!

NOT sad though to be missing this FP+ gibberish.... work out the kinks first Disney. Then I'll give it a shot!

I'm honestly a bit bummed out that we won't get the wrist bands. I thought they looked kind of neat!

NOT sad though to be missing this FP+ gibberish.... work out the kinks first Disney. Then I'll give it a shot!

i feel the exact same on these issues!!

Well according to my tickers I have decided to try both:rotfl:
I am happy things will be the same for our February trip (hopefully) and I guess I will give it a whirl in August. Our AP's will have expired by then.
I can't say I'm looking forward to the changes but they didn't ask me so I guess I have no choice:rotfl:

:thumbsup2 If FP rolls out with as much success as their new website, I'm glad I'll be nowhere close to WDW.

brobrosmom said:
I've never been with this many people so that will be new for me. We are going with another family and this will be their first trip. I am excited to see what they think of it and if they will be as Disney crazy as we are.

We have another trip booked for June and there will be 14 of us for the 1st 2 days and then they all leave to go on a Disney cruise. As much as I'd love to go on the cruise I just can't bring myself to spend $4400 on a 4 day cruise!

I'm with you on the price of the cruise ! It's insane how expensive it is. We have friends cruising out of Galveston on the disney ship and it would cost us around 4800.00 for the four of us!! ( the week of Mardi gras) No way. I'm paying about a third of that to go to disney for 6 days !

Totally agree with you on this. I was hoping to get in on at least one more FP+ trial (we did in Sept), but I haven't seen anything.

I avoid most threads now that have that anywhere in the title. So it's mostly the Feb threads, or the food thread. hahaha

Why is Accuweather still saying rain next Friday?!?! Doesn't Mother Nature know that is our 1st day in MK?? Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter