New Member - No 11 month Availability?!?

It's crazy out there. Ive never seen home resort sold out like they are now!

Other than VWL, which I'm guessing may have some rooms blocked for the upcoming refurb, nothing else jumped out as too surprising right at 11 months when I just looked. Which resort(s) are you referring to?

Quick update for all the helpful folks that replied to this thread with useful advice. I was able to get the first week of my vacation booked at the 11 month window! Still need a couple of days, but feeling much better about things now. Also, they were able to get my wife & I 4 nights at BLT in October for Food & Wine Festival / 50th as a "First Timer Trip Magic", or whatever. Not BC or BW like I was hoping, but didn't expect one of those to be available. Thanks again all!

Jambo values are among the hardest but don’t give up! I have been able to book them most successfully by waiting for the walkers to move on and picking up dates as they become available. I actually just booked a full week in a value studio for March 2022! Started with a couple of days and picked up each additional day by stalking. For me it wasn’t a hassle... and I got my week!
I too booked a week in a Jambo value studio for March today. (Stumbled upon it)

I just booked 3 nights at BLT 9/26-9/29, lake view studio. Had a res at SSR and was checking the website and happened to see it.

It's crazy out there. Ive never seen home resort sold out like they are now!

For the sake of scientific inquiry try a cash reservation for the same dates. I’ll bet there is plenty of inventory. Recently looks like Disney has been moving 11 month inventory into breakage based on ‘trends’. Yes it could be walkers but having this much inventory unavailable at 11 months is more than strange.

For the sake of scientific inquiry try a cash reservation for the same dates. I’ll bet there is plenty of inventory. Recently looks like Disney has been moving 11 month inventory into breakage based on ‘trends’. Yes it could be walkers but having this much inventory unavailable at 11 months is more than strange.
You're also hitting Easter/Spring Break season in April 2022, and likely people a lot of people banked their 2021 points, as international travel is still a COVID train wreck.

You're also hitting Easter/Spring Break season in April 2022, and likely people a lot of people banked their 2021 points, as international travel is still a COVID train wreck.

You have a good point there,

The biggest problem with DVC now is the deliberate lack of transparency - over on another board a member wrote a program which allowed you to see availability without attempting a reservation.

DVC made him shut it down. What they should have done is said thank you here are a bunch of developer points have a great vacation on us and we'll get this on the member site ASAP because it was great you could look at a resort and see what days were available. Why does Disney want to hide availability ???

The biggest problem with DVC now is the deliberate lack of transparency - over on another board a member wrote a program which allowed you to see availability without attempting a reservation.

I'm not familiar with the program you're referring to, but if a program was accessing the DVC Member website directly and downloading info, I can see any company shutting that down...given how sites can be hacked.

I'm not familiar with the program you're referring to, but if a program was accessing the DVC Member website directly and downloading info, I can see any company shutting that down...given how sites can be hacked.

This was in 2016 or thereabouts being a IT manager now i can see why it was done from a policy perspective but it was also a shining example of not listening to your customers, They will build what they want if you dont give it to them.

But that was a great idea which would have reduced load on servers and MS because members at a glance could see what’s available and schedule accordingly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter