New Member - No 11 month Availability?!?

As to what you will be facing with CCV, be aware that DVC's high to extremely high demand time of the year at WDW is actually late Sep to marathon weekend in Jan (the "fall season'). From mid-Jan to late Sep is the low to moderate demand season. The demand you get during that moderate time is nothing like the fall season, e.g., demand for first two weeks of December makes Easter look like the slowest of off-seasons. In other words, what you are seeing now for March 2022 is really tame in relation to what you will see 11-months out for December time.

The CCV problem is actually year round. There are not anywhere near enough studios to meet demand. Throughout the fall season, those fill within nanoseconds after 8 a.m. at 11-months out or even before. During the rest of the year, that happens about 65% of the time. Certain classes of other studios have a similar issue: BWV standard view studios (throughout the fall season and about 70% of the rest of the year), BWV boardwalk view studios (throughout the fall season but seldom the rest of the year), AKV value and club level studios (almost every day of the year), BLT standard view studios (throughout the fall season and 40% of the rest of the year), VGF studios (at times during the fall season). It is rare for other studios at WDW (e.g., you might see it happen first week of Dec -- the highest demand week of the year -- for BCV, BRV or BLT theme park view studios, but usually not)

You should also be aware that you have up until 10 days after signing the sales contract or receiving all required documents, whichever occurs later, to cancel your sale and get a full refund. That is probably something to seriously consider if you bought with the intent to usually get a CCV studio. To be valid, any such cancellation needs to be done in writing, e.g., send both an email and a letter.
Drusba,
Thanks for all of your insight, lots of great information there. Yes, I bought a 200 point contract in the hopes of getting a studio for a week for spring break with the kids, and perhaps another weekend with the wife. Problem is, with school schedules we are not overly flexible now, but that will change. I felt better after getting on this morning shortly after 8:00 & a full week being available. Thanks for all of yours and others insights!

@KeyLargoCards,
Welcome to DVC and this online community. Timeshare is a tricky beast. It plays favorably with those who are willing to learn the nuances of the game ... but bites those who expect it to act like hotels. We've owned timeshare for 20+ years and DVC since 2004. A few tips:

a) Understand that part of the joy of timeshare is the 'thrill of the hunt.'
You need nerves of steel, a bit of adrenaline, stamina, determination and more to score your perfect reservation. Then you rejoice! For me, there is likely more rejoicing in booking the reservation than actually checking in!

b) Be super flexible. Consider all available unit sizes, locations and dates.
Hotel thinking: When do I wish to travel? Where do I wish to stay? What unit type would I like?
Timeshare thinking: What is out there? Can I make the available unit/date/location work for me? Should I snag that available unit now and then work plans around that reservation? (Yes, you should. Grab it when you can ... and cancel what you can't use.)
Seriously: Do not get hung up on 'studios.' Be open to 1BR units.

c) Use the waitlist.
Over time, many reservations get changed; inventory becomes available now and again. Use the waitlist to snag available days as you need.

d) Learn to STALK the inventory.
This goes back to "thrill of the hunt." Develop a pattern of logging into the DVC website often, at different times of day, to check for available nights. Book your stay night by night, if needed. Stalking + Waitlist work well together. Do both!

Again, welcome and Good Luck!
Thanks for all the feedback bound! We don't currently have a lot of flexibility, but I'm not above stalking, waitlisting, and all the above. Heck, been doing it for fast passes & dining reservations for years...why not add one more thing!

I noticed when I tried to book September there was no availability right at 11 months CCV studio, then a few days later they were available again. I think they were being walked for the 50th. Keep checking, it may open in a few days.

Drusba,
Thanks for all of your insight, lots of great information there. Yes, I bought a 200 point contract in the hopes of getting a studio for a week for spring break with the kids, and perhaps another weekend with the wife. Problem is, with school schedules we are not overly flexible now, but that will change. I felt better after getting on this morning shortly after 8:00 & a full week being available. Thanks for all of yours and others insights!
I often follow behind the walkers at BWV and pick up my nights one at a time. It takes a little more effort with all of the stalking but in the end I usually get the villas and dates I want. After a few years, you'll get a feel for the booking patterns at CCV and I think you'll feel better about your purchase then.

If you signed today, it’s not too late to cancel.

CCV has very few studios and they are hard to book, especially peak. If that’s your goal, this might not be the right property for you. This seems like the kind of thing you should research before a five figure purchase.

If you signed today, it’s not too late to cancel.

CCV has very few studios and they are hard to book, especially peak. If that’s your goal, this might not be the right property for you. This seems like the kind of thing you should research before a five figure purchase.
We've decided to keep, and I don't disagree with your comment. However, we did what I felt was a lot of research. After renting points for 10+ yrs, I thought I had a pretty good handle on availability. If my dvc rental guy has always been able to seemingly get me the resorts I wanted with an 11 month window, why wouldn't I as an owner. I mean, thru renting points I've stayed @ Wilderness Lodge for Christmas & Beach Club for Food & Wine, etc.

Looking back, it may have been a bit of an over-reaction on my part. Dropping five figures on points then not seeing any availability at the 11 month window was a little unnerving. Having a better understanding of how "walking" reservations around peak times effects reservations helps.

Walking reservations, especially this year, seems to be the norm. I've never walked a reservation before, but I did this year for a HA GV and a 2 Bedroom at OKW for Thanksgiving week. Many people are still dealing with a large number of banked points due to COVID closures, the glut of points will likely be with us for another year, at least, unless people reserve larger accommodations to use up points, and not bank their current points and so on for years to come. It will be a while before things are back to near normal in the DVC points use system.

Last edited:
Any & All, guidance here would be appreciated! We signed today for Copper Creek points, got access to the website and our points are sitting there available.

Then, just for fun & to get used to the tools, I go to mock up a trip using the 11 month home resort window. I go out to the furthest possible day to start a booking, so no one could have booked yesterday, and already can't get a reservation. It's not even peak spring break season, if I can't get a reservation even 11 months out for by far not the most popular time of the year, did I make a mistake buying in???

Please tell me that this is a fluke, and that more often then not I can at least book my home resort. Just not sure I see the point if I can't even do that.

Am I crazy?
If you bought direct, speak with your guide. They can and will make Magic happen with your Welcome Home Booking.

If you did not buy direct, I have had pretty good luck with waitlists.

Welcome Home and good luck!

If you bought direct, speak with your guide. They can and will make Magic happen with your Welcome Home Booking.

If you did not buy direct, I have had pretty good luck with waitlists.

Welcome Home and good luck!

Just be aware that even with the welcome home they can’t create a room at every resort if they are booked.

Yes, getting something at RIV is possible because DVD owns a lot of the resort still. But CCV is completely declared already so that is not going to be as easy.

Just be aware that even with the welcome home they can’t create a room at every resort if they are booked.

Yes, getting something at RIV is possible because DVD owns a lot of the resort still. But CCV is completely declared already so that is not going to be as easy.

We bought in May of 2019 and we wanted to get 2 studios at the booked up Beach Club Villas in late September for the Food & Wine and we got them, like I said Magic can occasionally happen.

fingers crossed for OP

Last edited:
The next couple of years are going to be worse than ever due to Covid. Many people canceled trips in 2020-2021. Now they not only have excess points to work with but are desperate to take a vacation.

Not saying it will be dramatically easier down the road, but there's every reason to think bookings for 2022-2023 may be the worst DVC has ever seen.

Any & All, guidance here would be appreciated! We signed today for Copper Creek points, got access to the website and our points are sitting there available.

Then, just for fun & to get used to the tools, I go to mock up a trip using the 11 month home resort window. I go out to the furthest possible day to start a booking, so no one could have booked yesterday, and already can't get a reservation. It's not even peak spring break season, if I can't get a reservation even 11 months out for by far not the most popular time of the year, did I make a mistake buying in???

Please tell me that this is a fluke, and that more often then not I can at least book my home resort. Just not sure I see the point if I can't even do that.

Am I crazy?

consider a fixed week?

Call to book your first visit. They really try to get you into your first choice for the first visit. I really wanted BC had to wait until the 7 month window opened. Nothing was showing open but they got me in for October. If you book online it’s harder to switch around with a phone call

Drusba,

I own essentially the same contract CCV/200 points..studios are hard to get but not THAT hard to get if you plan ahead. I just did a quick check on CCV.

1 Bedroom, 2 Bedroom, 3 Bedroom - plenty of availability.
Studios/Studio w/Walk in Shower - both shows a scattering of availability. The walk in shower has 6 consecutive days.

Quite frankly based on what I see now, I wouldn't be surprised if multiple people are walking reservations. You can confirm this by checking on one day for availability and noting the unavailable days, then checking the next to see if all the unavailable days shift by one. If so, you can try to beat them or you can wait them out. I usually wait them out and it's fine, I just grab the single days they leave behind.

I own essentially the same contract CCV/200 points..studios are hard to get but not THAT hard to get if you plan ahead. I just did a quick check on CCV.

1 Bedroom, 2 Bedroom, 3 Bedroom - plenty of availability.
Studios/Studio w/Walk in Shower - both shows a scattering of availability. The walk in shower has 6 consecutive days.

Quite frankly based on what I see now, I wouldn't be surprised if multiple people are walking reservations. You can confirm this by checking on one day for availability and noting the unavailable days, then checking the next to see if all the unavailable days shift by one. If so, you can try to beat them or you can wait them out. I usually wait them out and it's fine, I just grab the single days they leave behind.
Yinn, Thank you for the insight. My gut tells me that I don't want to perpetuate the problem, and I'll wait the walkers out as well. Sounds like you have had luck that way. Have you run into issues trying that when the weekends don't become available?

Yinn, Thank you for the insight. My gut tells me that I don't want to perpetuate the problem, and I'll wait the walkers out as well. Sounds like you have had luck that way. Have you run into issues trying that when the weekends don't become available?

On occasion I've seen that, but just pick the days up as they come instead of waiting for the entire reservation. The name of the game for DVC reservations is often patience. I'll pick up the days I need and patiently check and/or waitlist the remaining ones and it usually comes through. It might show as multiple reservations but you can ask member services to merge them once you have the entire thing. It comes through more often than not and that applies to a lot of different resorts.

We actually just switched out of CCV for later this year because a 1 BR BLT standard popped up, which is also incredibly hard to get and we just couldn't pass it up. Normally really difficult to get w/o BLT as a home but we got it with our CCV points and grabbed the entire week at once. So you never know when something might come available later on too.

Good luck with it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter