New Member - No 11 month Availability?!?

I'm curious about this, if I have already purchased Riviera, is it.possible to get a fixed week using those points (the number we purchased would more than allow for it)

nope. Have to purchase the fixed week originally due to the deed...

Ok, makes sense.....not that we are that interested in one anyway, as we rarely go at the same time of year.
And fixed weeks don't work for those who buy annual passes and make two trips 50-51 weeks apart to minimize ticket expense. That's why I never considered one, even though we go about the same time very year.

And fixed weeks don't work for those who buy annual passes and make two trips 50-51 weeks apart to minimize ticket expense. That's why I never considered one, even though we go about the same time very year.

It's also really difficult for school schedules if you're targeting spring break. For my school we have a general timeframe but it could be the last week of March or the first week of April. A fixed week would give me fits with that. A Week 52 is easier to manage for a school schedule but even that Sunday to Sunday and often times that ends up being just before or after the winter break since those are typically Dec 23 - Jan 1 for me and that doesn't always fall Sunday to Sunday.

The next couple of years are going to be worse than ever due to Covid. Many people canceled trips in 2020-2021. Now they not only have excess points to work with but are desperate to take a vacation.

Not saying it will be dramatically easier down the road, but there's every reason to think bookings for 2022-2023 may be the worst DVC has ever seen.
I have four trips booked already (Oct, Nov, Dec and Jan), but without a Florida Resident pass, I'll be cancelling. My current AP expires in about three weeks. I have no desire to renew since it is the weekday pass and it isn't good for the first three months I would have to renew it. I figure lack of annual passes may have a big influence on DVC points being used, too.

I have four trips booked already (Oct, Nov, Dec and Jan), but without a Florida Resident pass, I'll be cancelling. My current AP expires in about three weeks. I have no desire to renew since it is the weekday pass and it isn't good for the first three months I would have to renew it. I figure lack of annual passes may have a big influence on DVC points being used, too.
Reports are you can upgrade while renewing, but only if you renew.

Blimey, this thread and the idea of walking reservations has made me tired lol

I think for our first trip using DVC I may just use the available points at AKL (326) and just borrow the other 74 to stay in a Kidani 1 bedroom. I was going to try the Jambo value ones but where it seems like everyone on the planet is planning to go to WDW in 2022 onwards, not sure if I want the hassle.

Blimey, this thread and the idea of walking reservations has made me tired lol

I think for our first trip using DVC I may just use the available points at AKL (326) and just borrow the other 74 to stay in a Kidani 1 bedroom. I was going to try the Jambo value ones but where it seems like everyone on the planet is planning to go to WDW in 2022 onwards, not sure if I want the hassle.
Jambo values are among the hardest but don’t give up! I have been able to book them most successfully by waiting for the walkers to move on and picking up dates as they become available. I actually just booked a full week in a value studio for March 2022! Started with a couple of days and picked up each additional day by stalking. For me it wasn’t a hassle... and I got my week!

Where we plan to go for 2 weeks then booking the initial 1 week seems easy enough but isn’t it a big gamble for the 2nd week as there is no guarantee that all subsequent 7 nights will become available? I guess actually that’s the gamble with any DVC reservation?

Where we plan to go for 2 weeks then booking the initial 1 week seems easy enough but isn’t it a big gamble for the 2nd week as there is no guarantee that all subsequent 7 nights will become available? I guess actually that’s the gamble with any DVC reservation?
That’s definitely challenging. But I have a 9 day value studio trip booked for July so I have to believe it’s possible to do 2 weeks. I didn’t get it all at once. Booked a few days, then stalked the website and when I got an additional day, merged the reservations.

I will say that I find the standard view a great bargain, point wise, as well, so that has always makes a good back up plan :)

Is that during the 11 month window? There's a couple of ways but the surest is to book your initial week and then modify that reservation each of the next 7 days to add on an additional day until you have 2 weeks. You also could just wait until 11+7 to book all 2 weeks at once but that depends on what room type your booking. If Value then do the initial 7 and modify each day until you have 2 weeks.

Yep, 11 month mark so I assume book the initial 7 days, then 7 days later log into that reservation and like you said add day 8. Then the same every subsequent day.

I’m happy to do that but my lord, I’m in a pickle if say I got to day 9 and it wasn’t available

Yep, 11 month mark so I assume book the initial 7 days, then 7 days later log into that reservation and like you said add day 8. Then the same every subsequent day.

I’m happy to do that but my lord, I’m in a pickle if say I got to day 9 and it wasn’t available

Not quite. You book the 7 nights. And then 24 hours later you modify your reservation to 8 nights. 24 hours later modify to 9 nights and so on until you reach 14 nights.

At 11 months unless there's something wrong with the reservation system you're not going to have issues adding nights because you have a lock on a room. Technically you could wait longer than doing it day by day but I outlined the absolute safest. :) Personally I'd probably modify around 5 days after making the 1st reservation and then get the last 2 nights 2 days later.

Ah ok makes sense. I thought if you book the initial week then I have to wait an actual week before getting night 8 but what you say makes total sense.

thank you so much both for helping. For the 3 of us as a family we feel the value 1 bed would be perfect In points, size and location

Can you walk a whole 2 week booking if I had it prior to when I wanted to travel or is it again only 7 days plus a day at a time?

Can you walk a whole 2 week booking if I had it prior to when I wanted to travel or is it again only 7 days plus a day at a time?

You can only be booked 7 days from the check in date at the 11 month mark.

But you could always get a two week trip booked and than walk it forward so the 11 month window is the start of week 2.

But honestly, it does not need to be done because you still have to stay with 11 month plus 7. Adding the extra days only needs to be done when you have the correct start date.

Once you have what you want for the first 7, then getting week two is easy as long as you change and add the days before the window opens for your latest check out.

Just to be aware, you can walk something as small as two nights. It just requires changing the trip more often. Someone doing that will be able to get that same two weeks you want be waiting until they get there and increasing the nights.

sorry to hijack but similar to the person above i had a question as a non-dvc member (but thinking of buying). If you want a 2 week trip but potentially want to swap week 1 or 2 to a different resort at the 7 month window is it possible/is it best to book the 2 weeks as 2 separate 1 week bookings which means you can then either waitlist or modify the entire 7 day booking you want to change? (hope that makes sense)

sorry to hijack but similar to the person above i had a question as a non-dvc member (but thinking of buying). If you want a 2 week trip but potentially want to swap week 1 or 2 to a different resort at the 7 month window is it possible/is it best to book the 2 weeks as 2 separate 1 week bookings which means you can then either waitlist or modify the entire 7 day booking you want to change? (hope that makes sense)
Yes, if you want to move 1 week of your 2 week vacation to another resort, definitely book the two weeks separately and then modify at 7 months. That way, if you can't book what you want at 7 months, you won't lose what you have. You can waitlist and if that doesn't work, you can call MS to merge the reservations so you don't have to change rooms between the weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter