New March 2017 Check In thread

The weather is showing up for our trip now, and it looks nice. We were there last weekend in the rain and cold days, so a chance of pure sun and 70 degrees will be wonderful!
Hope it stays that way. I haven't been to SoCal in 25 years, last time it was a drought. Was looking forward to escaping cold Chicago weather at end of March. Ironically, it is 70 degrees in Chicago this week. (Although possible snow Saturday lol)

Hope it stays that way. I haven't been to SoCal in 25 years, last time it was a drought. Was looking forward to escaping cold Chicago weather at end of March. Ironically, it is 70 degrees in Chicago this week. (Although possible snow Saturday lol)

March can still be really snowy, cold a windy for us. I told DD the other night that she'd be able to wear her shoes and not her boots at DL and she was so happy. I hope the weather stays good for everyone during their trips.

I for one will be looking forward to the cooler weather, so over the heat waves here this summer, not to mention the bushfires. Read today we are in for a warm dry Autumn, so yeah bring on the cooler weather for a few weeks please....but not freezing, wet and miserable...lol

We leave on Tuesday to start our US trip, can't wait :)

March can still be really snowy, cold a windy for us. I told DD the other night that she'd be able to wear her shoes and not her boots at DL and she was so happy. I hope the weather stays good for everyone during their trips.

Well today is a new day and we have flurries. Sometimes this time of year we have tons of snow, sometimes just cold without snow. The warm weather we just had broke records from the 1800's, so not our usual. My birthday is in April & I remember everything from short sleeve weather to blizzards for my birthday.

I'm terrible at updating our countdown calendar. It's for the kids but they're not good at conceptualizing larger numbers yet so they're interested but not obsessed. It's a happy surprise when I do update it though as I realize we leave sooner than I think! Now if only I knew what the weather would be like so I could plan a little bit around that. I had to buy the kids rubber boots last week because we had an unseasonably warm week and their snow boots were soggy. I found sandals on sale so got those too. It would be nice to know how many pairs of shoes everyone is going to need! I'd rather pack full on rain gear and hit the parks than not but it takes up valuable suitcase room.

DH is finally starting to express more excitement about the trip. It probably helps that last night I booked tickets for a Ducks game for our first night there. We miss seeing our team by just two days! We're still excited though and even with the exchange rate the tickets are far less than we would pay for a game here.

I've been bad about staying on my keto diet over the last week thanks to a stomach bug throwing me off and I've been telling myself that if I just stick with it until we leave I can eat all the food while we're away. There's poutine!!!

You can make a countdown calendar out of loops of paper, in a chain. We did one in Mickey colors, hung it in DS's room and removed one loop at bedtime each night.

http://www.makeandtakes.com/disney-world-paper-chain-countdown
That's a good idea. I went fancy and reusable. Mostly I wanted an excuse to mess around with vinyl.
TMBS37I18anSrO1wYrDR0N-E6W6mTFVIYehU_S9VaAEpTxlfUKHKAZzsggytuSSmsPjOOtpYvpAv4qbFPoyApPVmCFEw2m8x9WnDCwd_qSeO26oP5t8O2UBYms2t_HJo-O8AQ4lz-XcGkFaDPBU3050R1oG-4HL-Qm1OegNEdmOU0h7KVkQD6bZAY35j_2ME-uKELnzxXlDW7azWEgdZU-9zwSp6qpQ_6BLMv5cwbEiEDR7_rok-eXgYb04HpVeXuUe1R0_eULHEbz8pRiutbd2cCz9ek1yhdHDCrvqp31HMbbWS8anqnJ1eDEk-MbMN2YBVTNBCyZKRgZGA7Z2YxQsJ0N2az9G2vSvVhC0F9YfWUO5VlSmNO2mnZqOkP5RGskmIdFmFcCdjMVsKCB35HAes8qRb9cZweKT3smKnv5WQQj1RYjl_5NIzKKyJ4BLUhuX0DfI-2BqfC9Qq95vPCc7xVxYG76vKFFy6ba7q2BE56hOOCSv3Z_1ew28GhSBcKij9FDxyMHhZhXJ6MtPY_AvXcniJfeFIc3qxoOR-ZagvH_9xioIdvn5dHmOSecXSFhLaU6nA5EuoEQYH-J0El82MP4GNDahoPETlpLHNEXVzgA68stRL=w924-h1231-no

Well today is a new day and we have flurries. Sometimes this time of year we have tons of snow, sometimes just cold without snow. The warm weather we just had broke records from the 1800's, so not our usual. My birthday is in April & I remember everything from short sleeve weather to blizzards for my birthday.

DH and I lived in Madison, WI for a few years so I know what your weather's like. We have Chinooks in southern Alberta that will see snow and -20 one day and sun and +15 within a day or so. We get some really large snow dumps in March and April. I remember going into the hospital to have DD (an April baby) and it was a nice spring day and no snow on the ground. 2 days later when we were discharged there was 6 inches of snow.

DH is finally starting to express more excitement about the trip. It probably helps that last night I booked tickets for a Ducks game for our first night there. We miss seeing our team by just two days! We're still excited though and even with the exchange rate the tickets are far less than we would pay for a game here.

I've been bad about staying on my keto diet over the last week thanks to a stomach bug throwing me off and I've been telling myself that if I just stick with it until we leave I can eat all the food while we're away. There's poutine!!!

For both of our trips (this one and in 2010) we thought about getting Ducks tickets if the Flames were there but we just missed them. My DH is getting a little more involved but I knew that would be the case when we reach one month to go our less. I do like that he's giving some input but after that he's willing to go completely with my touring strategy.

DH and I lived in Madison, WI for a few years so I know what your weather's like. We have Chinooks in southern Alberta that will see snow and -20 one day and sun and +15 within a day or so. We get some really large snow dumps in March and April. I remember going into the hospital to have DD (an April baby) and it was a nice spring day and no snow on the ground. 2 days later when we were discharged there was 6 inches of snow.

I'm glad we don't get that much snow! However, we adopted DS from China and were gone a little over 2weeks. We left March 31st with a few inches of snow on the ground. We returned April 17 to grass over 6 inches long and tulips & daffodils everywhere. We had to bust out the lawn mower.

We recently made a slightly spontaneous decision to have a Disneyland weekend in March. DH and I will be in the parks the 17 (DL) and 18 (DCA). This is a birthday trip for me - our last trip (also 2 days) in Nov was for DH's birthday. This is also our first time ever doing a whole day at DCA without hopping, and I'm actually looking forward to that as a new experience!
Super excited!! :yay:

Last edited:
Hi everyone!
3 weeks until our trip!

I was feeling a little panicked earlier. I realized I hadn't bought our ART passes yet. I stumbled upon a great deal through Get Away Today: buy one adult pass, get a child pass free and a 5 day pass for the price of 3 days. I realized they have to actually mail the passes to you and got panicky since we're 3 weeks out and when you order something via snail mail, it could potentially take longer...
Anyway, messaged them on Facebook and they assured me that they would arrive in 15 days or less so that was a relief.
All these things that pop up when you don't realize how soon your trip is! Or maybe that's just me lol

Hi everyone!
3 weeks until our trip!

I was feeling a little panicked earlier. I realized I hadn't bought our ART passes yet. I stumbled upon a great deal through Get Away Today: buy one adult pass, get a child pass free and a 5 day pass for the price of 3 days. I realized they have to actually mail the passes to you and got panicky since we're 3 weeks out and when you order something via snail mail, it could potentially take longer...
Anyway, messaged them on Facebook and they assured me that they would arrive in 15 days or less so that was a relief.
All these things that pop up when you don't realize how soon your trip is! Or maybe that's just me lol

I was tempted to get that deal too, but it honestly wouldn't help me much. We aren't going with kids, and only need 4 days. Plus two in my group only need it for 2 days.

Hi all! I'm jumping in late to the game. We are going 3/13-3/18 and staying at GCH! I went to Disneyland one time last September for 48 hours for the 1/2 marathon and we frequently go to WDW as APs so this is exciting for me. My boys will be going for their first time (6 and 3) and this will be my first trip there with my husband. I know it's going to be a bit busy with Spring Break but I'm planning for crazy in hopes that I'm not too overwhelmed by it. We usually do WDW during slower times so this will be new for me.

Right now we have Storyteller's Cafe on 3/13 and Goofy's Kitchen on 3/14! I'm still looking for one meal to do with just myself and my husband one night. Any suggestions? Something with steak that wouldn't require us to dress up so we don't have to pack anymore than we already will.

I know that dining opens up later for DL than WDW but would that be an indication of crowds at all? At this point I'm able to get almost any reservation I want - I'm just not used to that. We're very excited for the trip and I'm looking forward to hearing more about everyones plans on here as well - reading back now. Have a great trip to everyone that is on their way. We're so close!!!

Hi all! I'm jumping in late to the game. We are going 3/13-3/18 and staying at GCH! I went to Disneyland one time last September for 48 hours for the 1/2 marathon and we frequently go to WDW as APs so this is exciting for me. My boys will be going for their first time (6 and 3) and this will be my first trip there with my husband. I know it's going to be a bit busy with Spring Break but I'm planning for crazy in hopes that I'm not too overwhelmed by it. We usually do WDW during slower times so this will be new for me.

Right now we have Storyteller's Cafe on 3/13 and Goofy's Kitchen on 3/14! I'm still looking for one meal to do with just myself and my husband one night. Any suggestions? Something with steak that wouldn't require us to dress up so we don't have to pack anymore than we already will.

I know that dining opens up later for DL than WDW but would that be an indication of crowds at all? At this point I'm able to get almost any reservation I want - I'm just not used to that. We're very excited for the trip and I'm looking forward to hearing more about everyones plans on here as well - reading back now. Have a great trip to everyone that is on their way. We're so close!!!

We've dined at Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel before and really enjoyed it. Others can probably chime in about other places as well, but we had a great experience there for our fifth wedding anniversary.

Catal may be a nice option for you as well (located in Downtown Disney). Here's the menu from AllEars: http://allears.net/dlr/dining/menu/catal/lunch-dinner

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter