New Luana Lounge Rules?

orion2185

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,

We are making our final plans for our Dec stay at Aulani. That means we have been reading pages and pages on this forum...and keep finding conflicting information.

Wondering if anyone is currently at Aulani or just returned that can confirm the new Luana Lounge rules.

We have read that it's now a 1 time access to the lounge and the Luana Lounge now closes at 6pm.

This is our first trip to Aulani.
We are flying in from Australia and arrive early morning (DVC check in is 4pm)
not really that big of an issue. As we will leave bags with the resort and pack a carry on with stuff for check in day. That way we can check in, drop bags and start exploring the resort.

The issue we are currently trying to work out is check out day.
On check out day our flight does not leave until 11:35pm
Just trying to figure out a plan for check out day. As check out time is 11am and thinking of just hanging out at the resort and using the Luana Lounge to get ready for our flight.
We have to check in at the airport 3 hours prior to flight. Which is still pretty late in the day and really don't want to be waiting at the airport from mid morning until evening.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Just one thought: for such a late departure, I'd see if the room is available to extend your stay one night. That way you'd have the room all day into evening, maybe nap or just relax, have the shower, etc... It may be worth the expense, if it's available to get the extra night!

Hi everyone,

We are making our final plans for our Dec stay at Aulani. That means we have been reading pages and pages on this forum...and keep finding conflicting information.

Wondering if anyone is currently at Aulani or just returned that can confirm the new Luana Lounge rules.

We have read that it's now a 1 time access to the lounge and the Luana Lounge now closes at 6pm.

This is our first trip to Aulani.
We are flying in from Australia and arrive early morning (DVC check in is 4pm)
not really that big of an issue. As we will leave bags with the resort and pack a carry on with stuff for check in day. That way we can check in, drop bags and start exploring the resort.

The issue we are currently trying to work out is check out day.
On check out day our flight does not leave until 11:35pm
Just trying to figure out a plan for check out day. As check out time is 11am and thinking of just hanging out at the resort and using the Luana Lounge to get ready for our flight.
We have to check in at the airport 3 hours prior to flight. Which is still pretty late in the day and really don't want to be waiting at the airport from mid morning until evening.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

I posted about this after our trip this last August! We were quite shocked...we checked out at 11am and left our bags at bell services to do some other stuff. Went to get a key for the lounge at 6:30pm and was told it was closed! I emailed DVC member satisfaction and they said they'd pass on our concerns to the resort. Maybe call the resort to find out if any changes have been made.

I can't confirm the closing time, but I do know its one time access per person.

Another option is to book a spa service for the day. That gives you full access to the amenities and locker rooms for the entire day, and you can come and go as you please. I think they were open until 8 or 9pm. Full showers and toiletries provided. You can also check to see if they have day passes just for the hydrotherapy gardens which would likely be cheaper than booking a service, if you aren't interested in a service.

On our check-out day, we had asked for a late check-out and were told they could not give us a complimentary one but that we could keep the room until 3pm for another $150. We opted not to because we had an earlier flight, but it might be a good option for you so you have less time "homeless". I'm sure this is subject to availability so I would advise to ask about this early in your trip.

We did that for 10 pm flight out (don't remember the exact time but was late). We hung out in the pool area the whole day, and shower / change around 5 pm. If you're flight is at 11:35p, you need to be at the airport by 9 pm latest if international (I actually would not do anything later than 8:30 pm). HNL security line is notoriously slow. Drive from Aulani to HNL during peak hours is also ridiculous, which means you likely will leave by 7:30pm the latest. Am pretty sure lounge is still open around dinner time.

When we were there in August, the lounge was extremely crowded. There was nowhere to stand, much less hang out. I booked a spa appointment and used the spas facilities to get ready. Also, getting a cabana is another good idea. You get to keep the cabanas until 6.

Oops posted in wrong thread. Sorry!

Last edited:

The two times we used the lounge it was a nightmare. All lockers were full because people were using them all day instead of just while showering so there was no where to put my belongings while I tried to shower and get ready for the airport. Called the front desk multiple times for help and got none. It was beyond aggravating. Last time was in March. The one time use was a rule, but wasn't really enforced. If there is any other option for you, I would strongly recommend pursuing it.

We took a 7am flight home so I have no experience. Love the spa idea though. I’ve also heard of folks doing an organized Pearl Harbor tour that day, where they keep your luggage on the bus and drop you at the airport.

We got back from Aulani a couple weeks ago, and the Luna Key they give you is just like a card. They gave us two, but said if we needed another one we could go back and grab one. Our flight was at 10:30PM, so we checked out at 11:00AM, and left all our bags with bell services, and spent the day at the pool and such hanging out until around 5:00PM when we headed to the Luna Lounge to shower and get ready. Got out at around 6:00PM, went to grab some food, and then headed to the airport. It actually worked out really well. The Luana Lounge has towels, shampoo, everything you need.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter