New LE Haunted Mansion Magic Band

Would you have to activiate them to a park ticket, or could you activate them to a RO rez? I was abit surprised when I made my RO rez for dececember that I still order MBs (I assume to use as room key)

I'm trying to find out about this as well, however if they are like regular magic bands they activate to your ticket/pass. Supposedly once they are linked to a ticket or pass they cannot be changed to a different pass.

On our first trip to disney they gave us the bands for our rooms and the bands were linked to the hotel room but not to our annual pass's. We were told that they could not move the bands from our hotel to our annual pass's and we would have to use our annual pass cards.

We did however at the end of the day go to guest services and they called someone on the phone who had access to the magic band system and was able to link the bands to both the hotel room and hour annual pass's. We had to jump through a bunch of hoops to get it done and moble app stopped working for us to reserve fast pass's, we had to do to the kiosks for the next two days.

OMG!!! I SO NEED THIS!!! I know exactly what my first stop will be on Sunday when I arrive! :cool1:

To purchase the HM band you need a park ticket which they will attach it to. I bought one for myself and they attached it to my AP.

My DS who was not with me and has no active ticket wanted one. They said they could not sell it to me to attach later. It must be attached to a ticket AT PURCHASE and can not be transferred to another. I asked because my other DS was there with an AP, so I did ask could we put on his then move it. No.

So I went to Guest Relations and purchased DS's MNSSHP ticket that I know we are going to, took that to the Emporium and they let me buy the band by attaching it to the party ticket.

:cool1:

They are pretty sweet, but I couldn't justify spending $25 for one. I'll stick with my standard issue model.

I love haunted mansion, but those bands look boring as heck. Doesn't justify 25 bucks by any means.

I'm not sure I understand this "link to a ticket at purchase". I have 6 regular magic bands. They are linked to my MDE account. I can use them interchangeably. Would this band not work that way?? What happens if you link the band to say, a 5 day ticket? Is it totally worthless after the 5 days coz you can't re-link it to any other ticket?? As much as I'd love 1 of these, I won't spend $25 to use once.

I'm not sure I understand this "link to a ticket at purchase". I have 6 regular magic bands. They are linked to my MDE account. I can use them interchangeably. Would this band not work that way?? What happens if you link the band to say, a 5 day ticket? Is it totally worthless after the 5 days coz you can't re-link it to any other ticket?? As much as I'd love 1 of these, I won't spend $25 to use once.

Yes it works the same, it will not expire until it dies. It will work if you have any kind of tickets in your MDE account and you can interchange them.

I think the point here is they don't want people buying them who have no tickets aka ...... say I buy two, do not link them and then take home and resell them making a profit like the Dooney HM bags. I was trying to buy one for my DS (not with me) and his future ticket, he has nothing on his name in the MDE at moment. They said no. Four of them at three locations said no.

A PP said he was sold without attaching to his ticket - according to four CMs at three locations, many other posters and blog articles - that should not have happened. As one CM said to me, it could possibly go through as a purchase but they have been instructed to not sell them without attaching to a ticket (CM could get in trouble) and I think that is the right move. They have a limited amount of them and they don't belong on ebay, marked up with the ability to actually use them.

Yes it works the same, it will not expire until it dies. It will work if you have any kind of tickets in your MDE account and you can interchange them.

I think the point here is they don't want people buying them who have no tickets aka ...... say I buy two, do not link them and then take home and resell them making a profit like the Dooney HM bags. I was trying to buy one for my DS (not with me) and his future ticket, he has nothing on his name in the MDE at moment. They said no. Four of them at three locations said no.

A PP said he was sold without attaching to his ticket - according to four CMs at three locations, many other posters and blog articles - that should not have happened. As one CM said to me, it could possibly go through as a purchase but they have been instructed to not sell them without attaching to a ticket (CM could get in trouble) and I think that is the right move. They have a limited amount of them and they don't belong on ebay, marked up with the ability to actually use them.

Thanks for the reply! So once it's linked to the ticket it will be linked to MDE too. And can be reused that way. Good to know. I'm glad they are doing something to prevent the EBay disaster that happened with the HM Dooney & Bourkes! :thumbsup2

But it would be nice if they set up online ordering & linking thru MDE. I'd love 1 of these bands but unfortunately, we're not going back til January. Not hopeful they'll still be available then. But I'd gladly preorder & link my ticket in order to get this band. Even at $25!

Are you listening Disney???? $$$$$ :scratchin ;)

They are pretty sweet, but I couldn't justify spending $25 for one. I'll stick with my standard issue model.

I love haunted mansion, but those bands look boring as heck. Doesn't justify 25 bucks by any means.

At least since they are only available on-site and not online, I avoided buying one as an impulse purchase. Now that the euphoria has subsided somewhat, I do think the price is too high AND why isn't the HM wallpaper MB on a PURPLE band???? :(

Does the haunted mansion band do anything special like the froze bands? I heard that the frozen bands make noise and light up when used in Hollywood Studios.

Does the haunted mansion band do anything special like the froze bands? I heard that the frozen bands make noise and light up when used in Hollywood Studios.

No. And only one of the four Frozen bands does anything.

Exactly my thoughts!! They should have been glow in the dark with the hitch-hiking ghosts and tombstones! That would have been cool!!

I'm kind of excited to see if these are still available when I arrive at the end of September. If not, I think it's just not meant to be and I won't be heart broken. They are very cool looking though and with the amount of interest in Haunted Mansion merch right now, I wouldn't be surprised if they did issue a purple wallpapar band or other special ones. $25 does seem a little high considering there are no special light or sound effects when using them, but I did squeal a little when I saw them and pounce on my boyfriend to wake him up with the news, so I must like the way they look. :p

If, as others have said, they were made available as an add-on option when you're booking a vacation on the site, I would probably have just paid the extra right there. It seems sort of silly though when you already have one waiting at the front desk to then go and buy another! Still looking forward to my orange band for Halloween. :)

Would you have to activiate them to a park ticket, or could you activate them to a RO rez? I was abit surprised when I made my RO rez for dececember that I still order MBs (I assume to use as room key)

Limited Edition MBs must be linked to a ticket, or another MB, or to a Memory Maker account.

CMs can't link the MB to their CM ticket media but they can link it to another MB or to Memory Maker.

I am 11 days out.....does anyone know if these are still pretty well stocked?

The Emporium and the Space Mountain gift shop both have a lot of them. They are probably at more shops too, but those are the two places I noticed them at. I got one last night :cool2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter