New LE Haunted Mansion Magic Band

OMG...I looooooooooooove all things Haunted Mansion. I need need neet to have this MB. Will be there in a month from today and hope they won't sell out quickly. 25$ is a steep pricetag for something you get for free when you check into your hotel, but the HM wallpaper design makes ist so much better. I like wearing my MB all the time during my vacation anyway, so why not show of my all time favourite ride :cool1:

Hey, you are going one day before I get there! If you find some, hide one for me! ;)

Just went to MK today, and I bought mine at the Emporium, and they seemed to have a decent supply. They are fairly cute, I love the faces on them.

Some thoughts:
They are grey, I would have preferred them to be that soft blue/purple that Haunted Mansion merch usually is.
The faces are adorable and creepy.
I wish they glowed in the dark or played some music when activated. Glow in dark would have made it awesome!!
They are discountable when you use your seasonal or Annual pass. I got mine for $21ish. Not much of a discount, but every little penny counts.

I always said the whoever thought of the pins and pin trading probably became a vice president at Disney. Low cost/high markup, and can be created in endless varieties. Same for vinylmation. I have a feeling someone will acquire some VP stripes for this as well. :earsboy:

:offtopic:Without going too OT, I can tell you exactly where Vinymation came from!

There was a really nice comic book store (think high-end, elegant, art-type store) in Winter Park. FL. One of my friends (not friend of friend second cousin sort of friend, but actual friend, we hang out with) owned it. He told us that Disney execs were visiting his store to check out his Urban Vinyl collection that he had available at his store. (he sold a lot of them).

So, that's where they came from. Check out Urban Vinyl - some are little blank figures that people collect, paint and modify. He would even have contests and exhibitions in his store. Urban Vinyl is a genre of collectors toys - Kid Robot and Labbits are examples. My favorite are Labbits - they have great accessories.

So, that's were they come from. :)

I second the need to make purchasing special MBs and accessories when you order your bands. I bet they'll start doing for some things.

The HM MB are cool. That would have been really cool with my not-yet-arrived HM shirt. I still think I like the LE tshirts better, because I can wear them outside the park w/o looking like a complete dufus.

Woohoo! :cool1: :rotfl: As it turns out, I need a MagicBand budget now... :yoda: :hmghost:

Checked on Yodas today at Citizens of Hollywood, they had them behind a couple of curtains behind registers. When I asked how many they had the CM said at least a dozen. I don't know if that's it or there's more in the back. In any case, no Vader so I opted to jump over to MK for a few minutes and get the HM one instead. So I didn't hurt your chances of a Yoda.

They look quite nice but $25 is crazy and just plain profiteering from Disney - but I guess we should be used it that.

I suppose they have to find a way to pay for their dumb FP+ system :rotfl2:

Checked on Yodas today at Citizens of Hollywood, they had them behind a couple of curtains behind registers. When I asked how many they had the CM said at least a dozen. I don't know if that's it or there's more in the back. In any case, no Vader so I opted to jump over to MK for a few minutes and get the HM one instead. So I didn't hurt your chances of a Yoda.
Thanks for letting me know!! So lucky that you got the HM one... fingers crossed that they have a healthy supply... :)

So excited to see all the Mb accessories
Some here. I'm the perfect Disney sucker... I mean CUSTOMER... ;)

Thanks for letting me know!! So lucky that you got the HM one... fingers crossed that they have a healthy supply... :)

I hope you get one. It's been correctly pointed out to me that the store is not named Citizens of Hollywood but something else...that I already forgot. In any case, if you turn right on Sunset towards Tower of Terror, it's the first store on the right and just past the classic car.

I hope you get one. It's been correctly pointed out to me that the store is not named Citizens of Hollywood but something else...that I already forgot. In any case, if you turn right on Sunset towards Tower of Terror, it's the first store on the right and just past the classic car.

Thanks so much -- AGAIN!! I'm cutting-and-pasting these instructions into an iPhone note. :)

You know what the problem I had with my special Olaf band? It did cool things when I used my FP in HS, but it didn't do ANYTHING at any other park, which I found really disappointing. Did this happen to anyone else??!

You know what the problem I had with my special Olaf band? It did cool things when I used my FP in HS, but it didn't do ANYTHING at any other park, which I found really disappointing. Did this happen to anyone else??!

Yes, the special lights and sound only happens at the FP touchpoints at HS. :confused3 I too was disappointed

Would you have to activiate them to a park ticket, or could you activate them to a RO rez? I was abit surprised when I made my RO rez for dececember that I still order MBs (I assume to use as room key)

I'm going to be be going to disney this weekend and hoping to pick up one of the haunted mansion bands but I am just wondering if anyone know if its like the star wars bands. So far I'm seeing the star wars bands available online by people trying to resell them and they all say that they are for collectible use only and cannot be linked to park pass for park entry.

is this true? can the star wars bands be linked to your annual pass just like a normal magic band and can you do this for the Haunted Mansion band as well?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter