New LE Haunted Mansion Magic Band

RikkiTurner

Earning My Ears
Today(8/22/14) see's the release of a limited edition Haunted Mansion Magic Band.

Magic Bands are $24.95 and can be purchased at the following gift shops:
The Main Street Emporium
The Big Top Gift Shop
Space Mountain’s Gift Shop
Main Street Emporium
Frontier Trading Post
Mickey’s Gift Station

I'm hoping more rides will get the magic band treatment. What ride themes would you like to see?

I saw this on FB earlier. I'm bummed since we won't be there until Oct... Worried they'll sell out. :(

Since they're LE my understanding is that you have to be there to activate upon purchase. :(

I can't remember the exact date, but we were told when we were there that somewhere around the 15th of this month you no longer had to activate when you purchased it.

At any rate, by now you should be able to buy without activating it.

I can't remember the exact date, but we were told when we were there that somewhere around the 15th of this month you no longer had to activate when you purchased it. At any rate, by now you should be able to buy without activating it.

I saw this at themainstreetmouse: "We have been asked WHY these can only be bought in the park and must be activated at time of purchase by the purchaser. All of the LE Magic Bands have been set up like this to help prevent scalping of the Limited Edition items on resale sites."

Definitely hope that changes... :)

I wish you could just order this or one of the other designs in place of the solid colors that you have to choose from - even if there was an up charge. It just seems too much trouble to have everything reloaded on a new one. It probably isn't, but I'd be more likely to pay extra for an available design when ordering my MBs than to get the one and then purchase another one.

I wish you could just order this or one of the other designs in place of the solid colors that you have to choose from - even if there was an up charge. It just seems too much trouble to have everything reloaded on a new one. It probably isn't, but I'd be more likely to pay extra for an available design when ordering my MBs than to get the one and then purchase another one.

I agree that it would be great to be able to upgrade when you order your set of bands.

There really isn't an issue with "reloading" everything. They just link the new band to your account when you buy it -- pretty painless.

I just saw these! Woohoo!! I am going to pick one up TONIGHT!

I have updated my MagicBand website to include information about them (see signature for link).

Ethan

I understand that they want to link them at the time of sale, to cut out the Ebayers.....

But I wish I could buy one online, linked to my account, and then have it shipped to me.... sell them thru the My Disney Experience site somehow.

I am going to WDW in 6-7 weeks, and I would guess these will be sold out by then, wah.

I too would happily pay an up charge on the MDE for this band. We aren't able to go this October but have a trip booked for next October. I would pay to be able to get something other than the usual color MBs for that trip.

I too would happily pay an up charge on the MDE for this band. We aren't able to go this October but have a trip booked for next October. I would pay to be able to get something other than the usual color MBs for that trip.

I think its only a matter of time before Disney start offering more designs online at a premium.

I however like the fact that certain designs are limited, that adds to the appeal for me.

I'm sure this particular design will be gone when I'm at Disney in November, but hopefully there will be a differently themed Magic Band released at that time.

I'm hoping for a monorail design or maybe resort specific ones :)

Well this certainly sounds like something Disney would do. All it takes is 1 person to be willing to pay extra, and them mouse ears go right up :rotfl2:

Got mine and linked to my AP. DS back home wanted one but he hasn't any ticket at moment. They said you have to link them to a ticket to buy them.

I went to Guest Relations, bought his ticket for MNSSHP, took that to the Emporium and they were able to sell me one and link it.

There also was a limit on how many you can buy, I want to think it was 2 of the limited edition but I didn't make positive note on that. You can use your AP discount on them.

They are cool and the only gray I'd want to wear. The design is slightly raised on it. :hmghost:

90148F0F-039E-48D6-88A9-0A4A0B699286.jpg

022CAF48-5614-4F41-8BB7-F94996284FD2.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter