• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Ivan projection just out and it looks much better than it did 48 hours ago

Joining the rest of you fellow northwest Floridians in hoping Ivan gets downgraded quickly. There is no plywood here either, and no plyloxs, they were all sent to South Florida. Channel 3 just said it will hit Pensacola either late Wed or early Thursday. Great. All schools are open tomorrow, but they are expecting them to be closed possibly by Tuesday. No generators here either.

I told my husband instead of going to my parents house up in North Alabama, we should go to Orlando and to DisneyWorld instead. He didn't agree with me. . .darn

Originally posted by kbkids
Just got back from Lowe's - Wow! What a madhouse!! We decided to run in and see what the chances were on getting more plywood. We lucked up, and there was actually 7 sheets left, so we snagged them. I didn't think we were going to get to the truck without getting mugged. My husband left me standing by them to go grab more stuff, batteries, etc. I had three guys looking at them, asked if they were mine, and kept eyeing them even after I said yes. One lady even offered me double the price of whatever I was paying for them. She even said, "It's okay - they're getting more in tomorrow, so you can come back then and get some." I told her politely that I was keeping them and she could come back herself tomorrow. She glared at me and stomped off. It was kinda scary. I told my husband when he got back to not leave me again - I was scared I was going to get mugged over plywood!

You might attempt (next time) to buy your lumber at a "lumber yard" rather than Lowes or Home Depot. Meredith & Sons Lumber is in your area and has plywood. Also, several other lumber yards have plywood in your area. Good luck!:earsboy:

Originally posted by Princessmom2
Channel 3 just said it will hit Pensacola either late Wed or early Thursday.

If you are talking about television station WEAR, then you are mistaken. Don't spread false rumors!

Originally posted by SonicLogic
If you are talking about television station WEAR, then you are mistaken. Don't spread false rumors!

Actually, I was just watching it a couple of hours ago myself, and that is what she said. However, I think she was meaning if it were to hit Pensacola, that it would be in that time frame. It caught me off guard too when I heard it because I thought the same thing, rewound it (gotta love that DVR), and I think that's what she was meaning. I don't think the poster was trying to spread a false rumor - just simply relaying what the news station had said. Gotta back her up because I obviously heard the same broadcast she did.

Originally posted by kbkids
Actually, I was just watching it a couple of hours ago myself, and that is what she said.

What was said? You have a recording of the broadcast, so be specific and quote it! Don't spread rumors!

130858W5.gif

Thank you tnkrbell - enough said!

Now let's just pray that it will weaken!!

I'm telling you it's moving west, but from my understanding, it's the east side of the storm we DON'T want to be on. We'll have to see what it does, I don't wish this storm on anyone, but I sure don't want it hitting PCola or anywhere in our area. Let's just hope Ivan fizzles and DROPS DEAD!! :p

Originally posted by Tiggerlover91
I'm telling you it's moving west, but from my understanding, it's the east side of the storm we DON'T want to be on. We'll have to see what it does, I don't wish this storm on anyone, but I sure don't want it hitting PCola or anywhere in our area. Let's just hope Ivan fizzles and DROPS DEAD!! :p

You're right - it is the east side that's the most dangerous. When Opal hit in '95, we were out of power for a little bit, bad winds, etc., but we personally did not get that much damage - not like Navarre and that area as we were on the west side of Pensacola. We're in Pace now - but I don't envy you Gulf Breeze folks a bit at times like this. Good luck to you!

Thank you kbkids, that is what I heard her say. Wasn't trying to upset anyone.

All the lumber yards are getting in more plywood in the area, if you need anymore. Of course, we are one piece short so that's what I get to do today.

Projected path has moved westward, but they still don't know exactly what the storm is going to do. But Central Florida seems to be a little safer now, since landfall is being projected between Biloxi, MS and Panama City Beach. Hopefully, the western winds will really create a lot of shear and knock the storm down to nothing--we can hope!

cathy

Originally posted by SonicLogic
What was said? You have a recording of the broadcast, so be specific and quote it! Don't spread rumors!

I think it's totally OK for you to be angry and disagree strongly with what was being said.......but please, try to do it with a little more respect....

Don't spread false rumors!

they aren't. the most current projection (as of 11 am) has Ivan hitting Pensacola pretty much dead on as a cat 3 sometime on the 16'th. Natually this may change but Pensacola is defently in the 3 day projected track.

again the best place to keep track of this thing is www.noaa.com, that's where all of the news people get their info from so you can see what they see without any undue hypeing.

my fellow panhandlins'
stay safe. looks like we have a bullseye on us, especially pensacola. I looked at noaa this morning at 5am and saw that line go straight to pensacola. right now is looks like Destin or narvarre.
my mom just left. I can't tell you how hard it is to say goodbye to your mom and see her drive off. I am glad she is leaving and will be so much safer.
I called disney in tears, and they said don't worry about cancellation fees, they are waiving. so i am not cancelling our trip for this weekend till last minute.
to all of you who will still get to go next week, please ride the front cab of the monorail for my husband and I. We don't really now what our life will be like next week, esp, if we get hit cat 5. trying to stay optimistic, but it is really hard to do when they keep showing pcola as potential ground zero. i think the weather channel is having their way with me. Think i will just stick to noaa. my prayers are with everyone out there. don't forget us on gulf coast, looks like we will need them, having faith this thing will at least get downgraded....

God bless you, Rozzie! I'll be thinking of you and all your neighbors! I hope that Ivan farts out big time!

ROZZIE-My DH and I are both nurses and we live in Mobile! I am also scheduled to work Wednesday and Thursday night! I will be thinking of you! Being away from your family during such a traumatic event is tough!...........As most everyone would agree, we're so thankful the Florida peninsula isn't going to get slammed again, but none of us were hoping for this either! We donated $ to the Red Cross disaster relief fund the other day, now looks like we may end up being on the receiving end!.........Much pixie dust to all............Naomi and Family

I don't think I've been this concerned about a hurricane since OPAL in 95. However, DH and I evacuated for that one. I've been quite worried all day, but only one thing keeps my frame of mind....and I hope it doesn't bother anyone, because that's not my intention, but it's the ONLY thing that keeps me calm.

MATTHEW 8:24-27 says:
WITHOUT WARNING, A FURIOUS STORM CAME UP ON THE LAKE, SO THAT THE WAVES SWEPT OVER THE BOAT. BUT JESUS WAS SLEEPING. THE DISCIPLES WENT AND WOKE HIM, SAYING, "LORD, SAVE US! WE'RE GOING TO DROWN!" HE REPLIED, "YOU OF LITTLE FAITH, WHY ARE YOU SO AFRAID?" THEN HE GOT UP AND REBUKED THE WINDS AND THE WAVES, AND IT WAS COMPLETELY CALM. THE MEN WERE AMAZED AND ASKED, "WHAT KIND OF MAN IS THIS? EVEN THE WINDS AND THE WAVES OBEY HIM!"

The Messiah calmed the winds and waves and that's what I'm asking Him to do for the panhandle...just calm the waters. :D :p Hey, it NEVER hurts to pray. ::yes::

Blessings,

Denise

that's what I'm asking Him to do for the panhandle

Why wait untill it's about to hit the panhandle? why not ask before it DSTROYED (in a worse way than it could in the states unless it hit N.O. as a cat 5) Grenada ?

Just saying it's a bit self centered to start wishing it away now after it's done so much damage and caused so many deaths.

.p.s
sorry to take it out on you tigger lover, I'm just tired of some people (not really you) being so selfish in their thinking about this. Heck the title of the thread is '' New Ivan projection just out and it looks much better than it did 48 hours ago" even while the storm is turning to an area of the country that could be MORE devastated (Mississippi and NO) than central Florida if it hit. It's just been bugging me for a while and it came out at you. sorry

Thank you Denise! That was touching. Our family is praying too that this storm will be weakened before it makes landfall.

We're leaving in the morning, and I just pray that we come home to an intact home - even if it is without power. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter