• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Ivan projection just out and it looks much better than it did 48 hours ago

Originally posted by erinz
I think it's totally OK for you to be angry and disagree strongly with what was being said.......but please, try to do it with a little more respect....

You see, that weather report was given by Kathryn Daniel and I know exactly what she said. I have it recorded too. Ms. Daniel never said Ivan would "hit Pensacola either late Wed or early Thursday."

Weekend Weather Anchor/Reporter
kdaniel@weartv.com

Originally posted by harlock_jds

.p.s
sorry to take it out on you tigger lover, I'm just tired of some people (not really you) being so selfish in their thinking about this. Heck the title of the thread is '' New Ivan projection just out and it looks much better than it did 48 hours ago" even while the storm is turning to an area of the country that could be MORE devastated (Mississippi and NO) than central Florida if it hit. It's just been bugging me for a while and it came out at you. sorry

Hey thanks. :p I appreciate you taking the time to apologize. I understand where you are coming from and in a manner of speaking you are right. The prayers should have started when Ivan first made landfall where he did, to spare all those lives. Not all countries are prepared like the US is for hurricanes, so when they get it...they get it! :worried: :sad1: I do hope it misses New Orleans...they are below sea level and that WILL NOT be pretty if it hits them.

Thanks again...and blessings to you! :wave:

There is now a hurricane watch as far west as Morgan City LA/St Mary Parish. My family is in Terrebonne Parish which is one parish to the east and I am keeping my fingers crossed that Ivan fizzles in the next three days . . . every update I see has landfall moving farther and farther west and I don't like it one bit . . .

I just went through Frances, so my prayers go out to all of you in the storms path. I know when Frances was bearing down on us, I didn't pray for the storm to go away, but for the strength to deal with whatever happened. I was very blessed and didn't have any major damage to my house. I hope the same for you all.

I also know how it stinks to have to stay in the line of fire during a hurricane. DH is a police officer and had to work throughout Frances. Luckily I was able to seek shelter at our work (and even got to bring the cat!).

If anyone needs to talk...please feel free to PM me.

Now, it looks like a new tropical storm has formed (Tropical Storm Jeanne) and could threaten Florida with the path they've given! The information indicates she may intensify so hopefully she will not become a hurricane that will threaten Florida or anyone else and start this whole cycle all over again! Look at noaa.com.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter