New Holiday Party at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party 2023 Dates Revealed + New Frozen Castle Illumination!

Question about cancelation. I have an onsite reservation for a trip in December. Unfortunately, my spouse is a little (okay, a lot) less enthusiastic about Disney World than the kids and I am. And I'm not sure yet whether she will be willing to greenlight this trip.

If I were to buy Jollywood Nights tickets when they go on sale, but then end up having to cancel our trip, what could be done about the money? I take it that refunds will not be issued. And, unless I'm mistaken, resale isn't a thing. I have heard that Disney is sometimes accommodating about switching party dates. But, in my case, we wouldn't be going at all. Is there much of a chance that I could get the money back at least as a Disney "credit" to be used in the future for purchasing park or event tickets? Or would I be totally out of luck?

Question about cancelation. I have an onsite reservation for a trip in December. Unfortunately, my spouse is a little (okay, a lot) less enthusiastic about Disney World than the kids and I am. And I'm not sure yet whether she will be willing to greenlight this trip.

If I were to buy Jollywood Nights tickets when they go on sale, but then end up having to cancel our trip, what could be done about the money? I take it that refunds will not be issued. And, unless I'm mistaken, resale isn't a thing. I have heard that Disney is sometimes accommodating about switching party dates. But, in my case, we wouldn't be going at all. Is there much of a chance that I could get the money back at least as a Disney "credit" to be used in the future for purchasing park or event tickets? Or would I be totally out of luck?
Historically, they have given people a credit to use the following year for holiday party tickets or some other type of after hours event but it also depends on how strict they will be this year with that or how strict the cm on the phone is. I would go into it assuming you won’t get a refund and then if you do get a credit for another party just be pleasantly surprised.

I gotta say, despite the potential for being like darn that was some money. Being an attendee of a WDW disaster is a potential draw. At least I'd have a good story. I am sure people that attended Villains Unleashed have some stories.

Maybe a hundred bad days made a hundred good stories
A hundred good stories make me interesting at parties

AJR kinda sums up my feelings.

Thank you!
Does the system allow you to buy tickets for another party? For example, friends staying on property (who are NOT registered in MDE) for same dates but not staying in our room?
Posting again to see if anyone knows the answer.
Context: We (2 people) are staying on site with a confirmed reservation during the Nov 11th Jollywood party date.
We have two friends also staying on site but at a different resort (so not in our travel party) - they are travelling on June 29th so unable to book tickets for themselves that day.
We have another two friends who have yet to book their resort for Nov 11th, who would be otherwise not able to buy tickets on June 29th.

On June 29th, will I be able to buy tickets just for my travel party of 2? Or will I be able to book for either of the group of 2 that also has a booked reservation, or the group of 2 that does NOT have a resort reservation?

Posting again to see if anyone knows the answer.
Context: We (2 people) are staying on site with a confirmed reservation during the Nov 11th Jollywood party date.
We have two friends also staying on site but at a different resort (so not in our travel party) - they are travelling on June 29th so unable to book tickets for themselves that day.
We have another two friends who have yet to book their resort for Nov 11th, who would be otherwise not able to buy tickets on June 29th.

On June 29th, will I be able to buy tickets just for my travel party of 2? Or will I be able to book for either of the group of 2 that also has a booked reservation, or the group of 2 that does NOT have a resort reservation?
I think on the “early buy date”, you can only buy the number of tickets associated with your room reservation. At least that’s what I remember from buying Boo Bash and MVMCP a few years ago. Hopefull, someone knows for sure.

edited to ad: I just looked at my confirmation email from MVMCP from 2018. I can see that I chose from those linked to my Disney Resort Hotel, so I’m thinking that you can only buy tickets for those persons linked in your reservation on MDE.

Last edited:

Technically you can transfer the ticket to someone else but they have to be added as a friend with you in MDE so you’re taking a risk buying from or selling to a stranger.

Technically you can transfer the ticket to someone else but they have to be added as a friend with you in MDE so you’re taking a risk buying from or selling to a stranger.
Really? My old MVMCP email says, in part,

“Each ticket admits one person. Each ticket is nontransferable and must be used by the same person on any and all days. Disney is not responsible for lost or stolen tickets. Parks, attractions or entertainment may change operating hours; close due to refurbishing, capacity, weather or special events; and may otherwise change or be discontinued without notice and without liability to the owners of the Walt Disney World® Resort”

Maybe this is just the usual disclaimer for all tickets and they don’t enforce it?

Really? My old MVMCP email says, in part,

“Each ticket admits one person. Each ticket is nontransferable and must be used by the same person on any and all days. Disney is not responsible for lost or stolen tickets. Parks, attractions or entertainment may change operating hours; close due to refurbishing, capacity, weather or special events; and may otherwise change or be discontinued without notice and without liability to the owners of the Walt Disney World® Resort”

Maybe this is just the usual disclaimer for all tickets and they don’t enforce it?
Oh, you’re talking about regular tickets or party tickets or both?

Our party tickets have had the same Reassign Pass link that theme park passes have.

ETA, perhaps there’s a difference between the terms nontransferable (used passes) and reassign (unused passes)

CDF2E8AB-A116-4674-94CA-D515C6B006C5.jpeg

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/tickets/paperless-ticket-transfer/

Last edited:
Very interesting. Our party tickets didn’t appear in MDE ( but this was back in 2018).
If you didn't buy them from the Disney site while logged in to your MDE you would have needed to link them manually in order for them to show up in your account.

Very interesting. Our party tickets didn’t appear in MDE ( but this was back in 2018).

Do you order hard tickets? I purchase mine online, so they automatically attach.

Our party got canceled last year due to the hurricane. When they issued automatic refunds, I watched/waited for them to disappear off MDE (they did). But I remember the reassign link.

If you didn't buy them from the Disney site while logged in to your MDE you would have needed to link them manually in order for them to show up in your account.
We bought them online from Disney, but never thought to try and link. We used an email to get into the party. Thanks for the info!

Any updates on whether rides other than what they listed in their ad (shown below) will be open?

Slinky Dog Dash, Rock N’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

we're going the week before Christmas and I've never done a Christmas Party. We have AP's, so I can't just get one less day of tickets to make it seem like a wash. I don't know which one I'd rather do?

we're going the week before Christmas and I've never done a Christmas Party. We have AP's, so I can't just get one less day of tickets to make it seem like a wash. I don't know which one I'd rather do?
I know what you mean, as we are APs too. We went for many years to MVMCP, even back as far as the time they had real dogs jumping out of a car during the parade (does anyone else remember that?) and a horse drawn Cinderella’s Golden Carriage. We’re trying the Jollywood Party this year, because we’ve been so many times to MVMCP. Since you’ve never been, you might want to try MVMCP. It’s very Christmasy and it’s hard to gauge what Jollywood will turn out to be. Cheers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter