New Express Transportation: $19/day or $29/week-SERVICE ENDING AUGUST 23RD 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why it wouldn't be available to AP holders.

Seems like it will be. $15/day for AP holders. Although not stated, If you're an AP holder and staying onsite, then the multi-day might be an option too. They have to keep it priced high enough that people don't use it as a regular means of getting around. I see the issue tho, with Uber and Lyft drivers circling the grounds all day with people making a living doing this, Disney is losing potential revenue. I don't see this as a way for Disney to gouge or price out customers, but rather see that customers *already are* paying for transport via these other services, and they're leaving money on the table to have Uber provide it instead of offering it direct. Since they can offer in-park pickup and Uber cannot, it's an easy win.

As an AP holder, if I could do $24 for my length of stay, I would consider it. But for $15/day, no way.

Last edited:
So AP holders gets shafted. If you can get a 10 day PH and add this for $24, AP holders should be able to get 10 days for $24.
I agree. I'm hoping maybe if an AP holder has an onsite resort reservation they can get it for the length of their stay. It could be that it just wan't addressed since they often view AP holders as locals vs. out of town visitors.

My various thoughts, some of which echo some other things here:
  • Every 30 minutes...is that a set schedule, such as every half hour on the hour? That way you can plan...otherwise you might show up and end up waiting 29 minutes. Further, if the bus is full, are you out of luck and need to wait 30 minutes until the next one or do they pull another bus over?
  • I don't necessarily like the idea of seeing backstage.
  • $24 for a seven-day trip is just over $3 per day. This is a good price.
  • BUT we don't hop every day and hopping between MK and Epcot isn't that time-consuming (even with re-entry to the new park) and nor is going between HS and Epcot, quite honestly (we often walk). I suppose it all depends where in the park you are when you decide to leave and how long until the next bus. So not sure if even at that low price we'd get our money's worth.

I agree. I'm hoping maybe if an AP holder has an onsite resort reservation they can get it for the length of their stay. It could be that it just wan't addressed since they often view AP holders as locals vs. out of town visitors.

I think they'll see how popular it is, start adjusting it because their goal with be maximum $ and full buses.

There are lots of us that are AP & out of town. I'll be onsite my next two stays but I wouldn't pay $15 per day. I can see them tying this to hotel reservations onsite for AP holders if they find they need them. BUT it may prove popular enough they won't expand that.

Seems like it will be. $15/day for AP holders. Although not stated, If you're an AP holder and staying onsite, then the multi-day might be an option too. They have to keep it priced high enough that people don't use it as a regular means of getting around. I see the issue tho, with Uber and Lyft drivers circling the grounds all day with people making a living doing this, Disney is losing potential revenue. I don't see this as a way for Disney to gouge or price out customers, but rather see that customers *already are* paying for transport via these other services, and they're leaving money on the table to have Uber provide it instead of offering it direct. Since they can offer in-park pickup and Uber cannot, it's an easy win.

Thanks. I edited my original post, which I wrote before the FAQs were published clarifying availability to AP holders.

Can someone post a map of the pick-up/drop-off locations? I am not certain exactly where these areas are, based solely on the descriptions given.

My various thoughts, some of which echo some other things here:
  • Every 30 minutes...is that a set schedule, such as every half hour on the hour? That way you can plan...otherwise you might show up and end up waiting 29 minutes. Further, if the bus is full, are you out of luck and need to wait 30 minutes until the next one or do they pull another bus over?
  • I don't necessarily like the idea of seeing backstage.
  • $24 for a seven-day trip is just over $3 per day. This is a good price.
  • BUT we don't hop every day and hopping between MK and Epcot isn't that time-consuming (even with re-entry to the new park) and nor is going between HS and Epcot, quite honestly (we often walk). I suppose it all depends where in the park you are when you decide to leave and how long until the next bus. So not sure if even at that low price we'd get our money's worth.

I find this is one of the worst if using monorail. I did it last month again, and again told myself WHY? didn't I just go find a bus. It took forever between walking, two monorails, wait times for first monorail and between them. Even getting off monorail right by Epcot security you have to walk down all those ramps that probably come close to walking out to the buses.

It is hard to find anything to hate on with this, other than it's so low priced it may be over crowded. I'll be honest here, the price is shockingly low. But don't tell Disney that ;)

Challenge accepted! And this will basically be a rehash of my post in the cabana thread but here goes. Its not that this idea isn't bad, heck I agree the pricing is reasonable for Disney, but its yet another upcharge item. Why can't they just improve every guest's experience? Not from something that we have to pay extra for, lets do something that everyone can enjoy or benefit from. Or tell us where the money is going (no chance I know). If they said well if this takes off we are going to give certain CM's pay increases or keep Adventures Outpost open all day instead of cutting hours then I'm all for it. But what I have seen has been a slow decrease in the core (included in base price) guest experience so that they can offer payable add-ons.

I'm excited about this! We are going in Feb when we don't need a midday break from the heat, so I was already planning going straight from park to park.
I am curious how much time it will actually save vs getting an Uber from MK to AK, for example.

I find this is one of the worst if using monorail. I did it last month again, and again told myself WHY? didn't I just go find a bus. It took forever between walking, two monorails, wait times for first monorail and between them. Even getting off monorail right by Epcot security you have to walk down all those ramps that probably come close to walking out to the buses.
Yes! Hoping from MK to Epcot is the worse. I never do it. Only Epcot to HS is slower because the boats are so slow. At least you are seated the entire time

Yeah, I do think the single day pass wouldn't be worth it, and it's too bad the AP holders can't get a multi-day pass. I understand the need to limit the AP to a certain amount of days, but at least give them a discount on the single day ticket as an AP perk.

I like the idea, but I'm hoping they re-think the AP holder options. If the idea is to cut down on entrance and security lines while building some revenue, you would think they would incentivize AP holders to purchase this. Either tie it to a resort stay so we can buy the multi-day option or create an annual purchase option. Or imbed it into the purchase price like they did with Memory Maker?

Challenge accepted! And this will basically be a rehash of my post in the cabana thread but here goes. Its not that this idea isn't bad, heck I agree the pricing is reasonable for Disney, but its yet another upcharge item. Why can't they just improve every guest's experience? Not from something that we have to pay extra for, lets do something that everyone can enjoy or benefit from. Or tell us where the money is going (no chance I know). If they said well if this takes off we are going to give certain CM's pay increases or keep Adventures Outpost open all day instead of cutting hours then I'm all for it. But what I have seen has been a slow decrease in the core (included in base price) guest experience so that they can offer payable add-ons.
Nothing has been taken away from those not paying for this service. Park to Park buses haven't gone anywhere. The same options you had before this are there after it.
There is really not much they can do to improve buses. They are darn good now. I said before, I think one would be hard pressed to find a municipal bus service run better.

Can't really compare this to the cabana experience either, since that is an add on. This is not. Not as long as they leave park to park buses in place.

I like the idea, but I'm hoping they re-think the AP holder options. If the idea is to cut down on entrance and security lines while building some revenue, you would think they would incentivize AP holders to purchase this. Either tie it to a resort stay so we can buy the multi-day option or create an annual purchase option. Or imbed it into the purchase price like they did with Memory Maker?
I am thinking there are too many AP holders to build this in to the price for all AP to use all the time.
I'll be surprised if there is not a way for AP holders staying on site to get it for length of stay. I could be wrong, no doubt but if one asked, I bet the option is there now. Just wasn't part of the Q&A

I'm excited about this! We are going in Feb when we don't need a midday break from the heat, so I was already planning going straight from park to park.
I am curious how much time it will actually save vs getting an Uber from MK to AK, for example.
A lot since you'd have to go from MK to TTC, call for Uber, wait on them, then go to AK, then go through security and the turnstiles.
If you'd plan to walk to CR (or monorail to CR) then maybe it saves less time but don't discount how long the lines at AK can get to get in. I shocks me sometimes just how long the lines there build. Not sure why it's so bad

Challenge accepted! And this will basically be a rehash of my post in the cabana thread but here goes.
- Its not that this idea isn't bad, heck I agree the pricing is reasonable for Disney, but its yet another upcharge item.
- Why can't they just improve every guest's experience?
- Not from something that we have to pay extra for, lets do something that everyone can enjoy or benefit from.
- Or tell us where the money is going (no chance I know).
- If they said well if this takes off we are going to give certain CM's pay increases or keep Adventures Outpost open all day instead of cutting hours then I'm all for it.
- But what I have seen has been a slow decrease in the core (included in base price) guest experience so that they can offer payable add-ons.

- It's not an upcharge - it's a new service that is completely optional.
- It will probably very much improve the experience for those guests who book it.
- I think they do work to improve overall experiences, but WDW is getting so big, personalized offerings seem to be in high demand. Selling out 4 mos of Highway in the Sky in 24 hours seems to nod to that.
- Business .......... provides supply to demand to make money. If the demand is there, and it is successful financially, good business move.
- None of the public's business how they are using their income, that is for them and the stockholders.
- FULLY believe the minute Disney (optional vacation) becomes a negative or reduced experience, it's time to find a new vacation. Vacation time is too precious. I have cut previous destinations and events because they no longer have the same value.

This hurts no one, if someone wants to pay Disney instead of Uber/Taxi to get somewhere, I don't care.

Yes! Hoping from MK to Epcot is the worse. I never do it. Only Epcot to HS is slower because the boats are so slow. At least you are seated the entire time

Haha, seated until your butt hurts. First time I rode I was so excited ....... until the point I wanted to jump off and swim. From then on I walk between the two parks. It's enjoyable, quiet and faster.

How do you sign up for this?

I am going Wednesday for 3 days and have a lot of stuff crammed into to those 3 days so if this saves me time I may be willing to pay for it. DH and I are trying to do all the Christmas stuff in 3 days! :)

they are seeing an increase in people taking cabs or uber so they want to get in on the action. They already have the vans (if that's what they are using) backstage, parked all day, ready to go.

Yes, but instead of addressing the problem causing people to opt for Uber and cabs, they choose to set up a secondary pay system. Meanwhile, the issues with the main system remain (slow, crowded buses).

- It's not an upcharge - it's a new service that is completely optional.
- It will probably very much improve the experience for those guests who book it.
- I think they do work to improve overall experiences, but WDW is getting so big, personalized offerings seem to be in high demand. Selling out 4 mos of Highway in the Sky in 24 hours seems to nod to that.
- Business .......... provides supply to demand to make money. If the demand is there, and it is successful financially, good business move.
- None of the public's business how they are using their income, that is for them and the stockholders.
- FULLY believe the minute Disney (optional vacation) becomes a negative or reduced experience, it's time to find a new vacation. Vacation time is too precious. I have cut previous destinations and events because they no longer have the same value.

This hurts no one, if someone wants to pay Disney instead of Uber/Taxi to get somewhere, I don't care.

Haha, seated until your butt hurts. First time I rode I was so excited ....... until the point I wanted to jump off an swim. From then on I walk between the two parks. It's enjoyable, quiet and faster.
We use the monorail from MK to Epcot because we like it. Did the boat ONCE between HS and Epcot. That glass topped boat was a freakin oven. I mean hot. never again. Generally, we have a car and just drive to the next park. All good.

How do you sign up for this?

I am going Wednesday for 3 days and have a lot of stuff crammed into to those 3 days so if this saves me time I may be willing to pay for it. DH and I are trying to do all the Christmas stuff in 3 days! :)
The first post goes in to it. You will have kiosks set up to order it.

How can Guests get Express Transportation? Guests may add this option at Vacation Planning and Guest Relation locations throughout property as well as at the new Express Transportation kiosks in the four theme parks. For single-day service, Express Transportation can be added onto a Park Hopper ticket for $15 per person. For multi-day service, it is $24 per person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter