New Express Transportation: $19/day or $29/week-SERVICE ENDING AUGUST 23RD 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it's always been 1 last bus. But, this is the one bus that is always unclear. If you read back, it's been asked, since the bus to Epcot from HS leaves at the top of the hour, which is at closing, probably means there isn't 1 more bus. This isn't an issue at the other parks since their buses leave before closing, it's just the one at the top of the hour that seems to be the odd bird in all this.

Thanks for the clarification. It's still clear as mud. Lol! I did read back, the entire thread, in fact, but after 90 some pages I think my brain is a little fuzzy! :tilt:

You say this park is unclear. Based on our personal experience I think I have my answer! I will NEVER make my husband leave Fantasmic early again. I am STILL hearing about it. o_O

Thanks for the clarification. It's still clear as mud. Lol! I did read back, the entire thread, in fact, but after 90 some pages I think my brain is a little fuzzy! :tilt:

You say this park is unclear. Based on our personal experience I think I have my answer! I will NEVER make my husband leave Fantasmic early again. I am STILL hearing about it. o_O
Actually, I was wrong. Until your report it was unclear. It was the only one of the trips that was in question. Your experience actually cleared up the confusion and I would say that the HS to Epcot bus would be the only one that didn't run 1 more bus after closing since there is a bus AT closing.

This question may have already been asked, so sorry if it has. About how long does it take to get from HS to MK? We need to get from HS to MK for the fireworks dessert party.

Actually, I was wrong. Until your report it was unclear. It was the only one of the trips that was in question. Your experience actually cleared up the confusion and I would say that the HS to Epcot bus would be the only one that didn't run 1 more bus after closing since there is a bus AT closing.

Does it mean the same would be the case for MK and AK if AK closes after MK?

Just another data point:

Using it for the first time today. Bought it at Epcot, the iPads were down so it took a bit to go buy it at Guest Relations. The bus showed up at 3:48, we had to wait for two ECVs to be loaded and left at 3:54. Total of 6 people on the bus. Arrived at 4:13. So 19 minutes from EP to AK.

First use had some frustrations and I wondered if it really saved us time, what with tech issues and slow loading, but I'll update again as we use it more and more. I guess we would have ECV waits with regular buses too, so I'll take that into account.

I agree the CMs are very friendly and seemed as frustrated with tech issues as we were.

Just another data point:

Using it for the first time today. Bought it at Epcot, the iPads were down so it took a bit to go buy it at Guest Relations. The bus showed up at 3:48, we had to wait for two ECVs to be loaded and left at 3:54. Total of 6 people on the bus. Arrived at 4:13. So 19 minutes from EP to AK.

First use had some frustrations and I wondered if it really saved us time, what with tech issues and slow loading, but I'll update again as we use it more and more. I guess we would have ECV waits with regular buses too, so I'll take that into account.

I agree the CMs are very friendly and seemed as frustrated with tech issues as we were.
Not to mention security checks, turnstiles and longer walks

I have tried to do an estimated of what it saves time wise.

I think to get down main street and out the gate, it could take 15-20mins from the hub.
Then you have to walk past security and to the bus pick up. Is that about another 5 min walk maybe 10 if you are really worn out?
Ok just getting to the bus from the hub is 20-30mins in time savings.

Then at any other park, you go in you must walk and go to the security areas again so I bet right there are 10-15mins.

I have also added days where using the express to get out of the MK park quicker and to another less crowded park, could work. Also closer to my resorts.

I have tried to do an estimated of what it saves time wise.

I think to get down main street and out the gate, it could take 15-20mins from the hub.
Then you have to walk past security and to the bus pick up. Is that about another 5 min walk maybe 10 if you are really worn out?
Ok just getting to the bus from the hub is 20-30mins in time savings.

Then at any other park, you go in you must walk and go to the security areas again so I bet right there are 10-15mins.

I have also added days where using the express to get out of the MK park quicker and to another less crowded park, could work. Also closer to my resorts.

Whoa - for me that would be somewhere between 5-10 minutes - let's just say 8 minutes. How slow are you walking?! :duck:

you think its 8 mins from the hub to the bus pick up drop off area? Maybe in an empty park? I was thinking like busy times.

you think its 8 mins from the hub to the bus pick up drop off area? Maybe in an empty park? I was thinking like busy times.

About the only time I couldn't do that walk in 10 minutes tops would be after fireworks or a big holiday but since the express bus wouldn't be in play then it wouldn't qualify as a factor. Of course there is the lure of shops etc that can derail the walk but typically I don't find there to be that much of a bottleneck in exiting during the day.

I have timed various walks around Disney but not that - I think I'll have to next time I'm there and see how close I am to my estimate.

We just got back from a trip and used the Express option a bunch of times.

Loved it, loved it, loved it.

Two of our days we did four parks.
Most of the other days it was at least two or three parks.

The second day after we got the option we had just come off the Safari at AK and were discussing what to do next. I noticed on the Lines app that single rider at RNRC was under 10 min. The DHS bus was scheduled to depart in 4 min. Hustled on over to Tusker House. Twelve minutes later we were walking up the single riders ramp and went straight into the pre-show. All-in-all, twenty min from deciding to go to DHS from AK to being on a ride.

Another day we had planned to end at MK since it had evening EMH. Silly me didn't realize until 8:20p standing in front of EE that Wishes was at 9p, not 10p like I had assumed.
Walking with purpose over to Tusker House took about 6 min.
On a bus at 8:30p, dropped off at Buzz at 8:51p, able to find a spot in the Hub just as what would be our final Wishes viewing started.

ajfd thank you, this is exactly how I would want to use it a few times too. I am excited how to make this work so well for us.

We never had to wait for an ECV, but generally our transfer times from the scheduled depart time to walking into destination park:

Between EP, AK, DHS: <15 min (~12-13 min)
Between EP/DHS and MK: <20 min
Between AK and MK: <25 min (both times we did this it was 21 min)

Just another data point:

We never had to wait for an ECV, but generally our transfer times from the scheduled depart time to walking into destination park:

Between EP, AK, DHS: <15 min (~12-13 min)
Between EP/DHS and MK: <20 min
Between AK and MK: <25 min (both times we did this it was 21 min)
And ECV can always be a factor but I will say that in all our trips using the service, over 20, we've had an ECV 1 time. I think the percentage of them on the express buses is smaller than on the regular buses but that's just a guess on my part

So when we are at a park and decide we want to use this express service to hop to another park faster we just buy it then? How do we buy it and how long does it take to purchase?

So when we are at a park and decide we want to use this express service to hop to another park faster we just buy it then? How do we buy it and how long does it take to purchase?
You can wait to buy it then. You can also buy it at the concierge desk at your resort before heading out to the park. Or at Guest Services at the park entrances.
If you purchase at the Express check in points you must use a credit card. Any other location can process a payment using your MB
A PP mentioned that the payment system at the check in points was out of order during their trip. I guess that is always possible and sort of hard to plan for one way or another. The safe bet would be to handle it before you need it. Unless you can potentially run in to an issue of it expiring before your trip is over. Then you want to wait to purchase till you plan to use it

If I buy it from the concierge desk at my resort on the day we arrive does the 7 days start from that day? Or does it start from the time we first use it (i.e the following day)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter