New Express Transportation: $19/day or $29/week-SERVICE ENDING AUGUST 23RD 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can wait to buy it then. You can also buy it at the concierge desk at your resort before heading out to the park. Or at Guest Services at the park entrances.
If you purchase at the Express check in points you must use a credit card. Any other location can process a payment using your MB
A PP mentioned that the payment system at the check in points was out of order during their trip. I guess that is always possible and sort of hard to plan for one way or another. The safe bet would be to handle it before you need it. Unless you can potentially run in to an issue of it expiring before your trip is over. Then you want to wait to purchase till you plan to use it
When I first purchased it in early December, I bought it at a ticket window at one of the parks. If the ticket windows are not busy, it's a good place to purchase the pass. Sometimes. Guest Relations can get backed up with long lines and lengthy transactions. I believe that all of the same forms of payment are accepted as used when buying tickets at a ticket window.

When I first purchased it in early December, I bought it at a ticket window at one of the parks. If the ticket windows are not busy, it's a good place to purchase the pass. Sometimes. Guest Relations can get backed up with long lines and lengthy transactions. I believe that all of the same forms of payment are accepted as used when buying tickets at a ticket window.
Very good. I wasn't positive about the ticket window. We've always just bought it at the resort. It's just easy/quieter there for some reason. Gets it out of the way before we step out at the park where we tend to be ready to hit the ground running

Very good. I wasn't positive about the ticket window. We've always just bought it at the resort. It's just easy/quieter there for some reason. Gets it out of the way before we step out at the park where we tend to be ready to hit the ground running
I'm always so afraid if I talk a little too long to a CM or stop to do anything extra at a resort, before heading off to a park, I will just miss a bus or boat, as it's pulling away. Unfortunately, I have sometimes had that happen...it's so frustrating!

And ECV can always be a factor but I will say that in all our trips using the service, over 20, we've had an ECV 1 time. I think the percentage of them on the express buses is smaller than on the regular buses but that's just a guess on my part

It would have to be smaller if buses are as empty as reported here. If you're sharing a bus with one other family (or no one) the odds are much better you won't have wait for an EVC load, vs a normal bus full of people.

And ECV can always be a factor but I will say that in all our trips using the service, over 20, we've had an ECV 1 time. I think the percentage of them on the express buses is smaller than on the regular buses but that's just a guess on my part

Yeah, I'm willing to believe we just had an anomaly for our first use. Today's trip from AK to MK was incredibly easy and we're looking forward to the rest of the week's use, maybe even tonight!

Forgive me, but can someone explain the LAST park bus to me again.

We will be attending the Star Wars dessert party at HS. Epcot has EMH that evening. What time do we need to leave the fireworks in order to catch the last bus to Epcot?

I'm assuming the last bus out heading to an EMH park is crazy crowded!

We will be attending the Star Wars dessert party at HS. Epcot has EMH that evening. What time do we need to leave the fireworks in order to catch the last bus to Epcot?

You must board the bus BEFORE the park you are going to has closed for their REGULAR operating hours. Really EHM should remain out of the equation when it comes to using the Express Buses

You must board the bus BEFORE the park you are going to has closed for their REGULAR operating hours. Really EHM should remain out of the equation when it comes to using the Express Buses

I think it's safe to say when PM EMH is involved for the destination park and you want to stay for the nighttime entertainment at the current park, you will probably have to settle for the regular buses (or unless you have a car) to head over for EMH.

What's throwing me off is that HS closes at 9:30 pm. The same time the SW fireworks are to being.

So there no way of catching an express bus after any park fireworks?

What's throwing me off is that HS closes at 9:30 pm. The same time the SW fireworks are to being.

So there no way of catching an express bus after any park fireworks?
Only if the park you are going to is still open for REGULAR park hours. They do run 1 additional bus after closing to any park still open for REGULAR park hours.

I think it's safe to say when PM EMH is involved for the destination park and you want to stay for the nighttime entertainment at the current park, you will probably have to settle for the regular buses (or unless you have a car) to head over for EMH.
Yes, exactly. If everyone will just remove EMH from consideration it will make it so much easier. If the park you are going to has ended it's regular operating hours you can not use an Express bus to get there. Period. End of subject. It's really that simply. It doesn't matter what the park you are in is doing, EMH, etc. It matters what the park you are going to is doing.

Only if the park you are going to is still open for REGULAR park hours. They do run 1 additional bus after closing to any park still open for REGULAR park hours.

Ok I understand it now.

Thank you!

Do they give out any papers with the schedule of the buses? I'm just wondering if this is something I'll need to memorize or write down myself or if they give out the information when I'm there.

Seriously, I'd just either walk from HS to Epcot, or catch the boat. If you catch the boat, you can get off at Swan then walk by way of Boardwalk Resort and over to Epcot. So much easier! If you take the boat all the way to Epcot it's a bit longer as they stop at each of the resorts.

Seriously, I'd just either walk from HS to Epcot, or catch the boat. If you catch the boat, you can get off at Swan then walk by way of Boardwalk Resort and over to Epcot. So much easier! If you take the boat all the way to Epcot it's a bit longer as they stop at each of the resorts.

But with this service, we're eliminating security and being dropped off inside the park. I was trying to use that to my advantage.

The boat and bus lines are huge at park closing.

We'll see that night what we wind up doing.

At least I understand how the express bus schedule works now.

But with this service, we're eliminating security and being dropped off inside the park. I was trying to use that to my advantage.

The boat and bus lines are huge at park closing.

We'll see that night what we wind up doing.

At least I understand how the express bus schedule works now.

I wouldn't cut short my park entertainment to utilize the service and by pass security though. And especially not if doing the dessert party. Or I'd skip the dessert party.

Do they give out any papers with the schedule of the buses? I'm just wondering if this is something I'll need to memorize or write down myself or if they give out the information when I'm there.
No printed out schedule. So take a screen shot of the first post in this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter