New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:I wonder how often they're booked.

Often! at least I think -- I saw the photos posted somewhere else on this board and tried to investigate. My kids would go NUTS. I wanted to see how much college tuition I'd have to funnel into a cruise (mostly as a lark) and couldn't find a single sailing in 2019 that had one available.

I know $80k sounds insane (and it is), but it starts at $45k for off peak and sleeps 8. You could split for 2 families and it would be $22k-$40k per family....and the Disney Royal Suites are $20-$50k already. An early March Fantasy royal suite for 4 right now is $44k which is re-donk-u-less but they are selling it so I bet Disney could get $100k for this during peak...which is unbelievable.

I know $80k sounds insane (and it is), but it starts at $45k for off peak and sleeps 8. You could split for 2 families and it would be $22k-$40k per family....and the Disney Royal Suites are $20-$50k already. An early March Fantasy royal suite for 4 right now is $44k which is re-donk-u-less but they are selling it so I bet Disney could get $100k for this during peak...which is unbelievable.
I priced it out for a lark when it first opened for booking. I found a sailing for off peak that was $38K (4A, 1C) but that has gone with the wind. All I could think was 'new car or cruise, new car or cruise'. The new car won.

I priced it out for a lark when it first opened for booking. I found a sailing for off peak that was $38K (4A, 1C) but that has gone with the wind. All I could think was 'new car or cruise, new car or cruise'. The new car won.

Yeah, this beats some of the insane pricing we've seen on Disney even!

Sorry, I've been away from the cruise boards lately and admit I haven't read through 660 posts.
Has anyone discussed/speculated about future PC sailings once the newest ships are in use? I've always wanted to do a PC cruise and it always conflicted with our kids school schedule. Now that they're out of school we can finally do this but my mom has been sick and I need to save vacation hours at work to take her to doctor appointments. I'm afraid to commit to sailing such a long cruise even for the late 2019 sailing.

I got to thinking today about the PC sailings. Technically they are repositioning cruises, with the main purpose of the sailing to get the ship from one ocean to another. Once there's 5 or 6 ships sailing, would Disney stop needing to reposition through the PC? It would make sense they could keep 1-2 ships on the west coast with no need to get back to the east coast since they will have 4-5 ships there already. I'm not trying to create artificial demand for PC sailings but I hope they don't become extinct in a few years.

Obviously nothing concrete, but there was wishful thinking earlier in the thread that maybe DCL will offer partial PC transits (ie. starting and ending at the same port).

Obviously nothing concrete, but there was wishful thinking earlier in the thread that maybe DCL will offer partial PC transits (ie. starting and ending at the same port).

That would be nice too. I'd imagine once you go through some of the locks, it all just looks the same and keeps repeating but that's just a guess.

Re: names
I dont think
Delight
Has been mentioned yet?

I also submit:
Merriment
Imagination
Fancy
Jollity
Whimsy
Glee
Festivity
Marvel (which I know has been suggested, but think it’s probably under strong consideration...)

Last edited:
Re: names
I dont think
Delight
Has been mentioned yet?

I also submit:
Merriment
Imagination
Fancy
Jollity
Whimsy
Glee
Festivity
Marvel (which I know has been suggested, but think it’s probably under strong consideration...)

Sorry, been off the boards for a while. I have updated page one with your suggestions.

Anymore news/articles I can update page one with?

Not too much other then DCL putting a ship in Miami year round potentially 2, new island in the works, DCL raised the flag at Meyer Meyer Werft in the beginning of Dec, and this is something I came up with

If I'm reading the schedule correctly (big if) P and Os ship is currently being built with first steel cut for NCL Encore. The next 2 announcements should be Aidas ship in the smaller dry dock and followed by the new Quantum class. After that should be the First DCL new build.

So, for fun, I’ve taken the list of all the suggestions and decided to make a short list of the ones I feel are the 10 most likely for Disney to choose:

Disney Adventure
Disney Believe
Disney Discovery
Disney Enchantment
Disney Endeavor
Disney Imagine
Disney Legacy
Disney Legend
Disney Spirit
Disney Wish

I’ll be shocked if at least one of the ships doesn’t come from this list, but if there is anything you can count on from Disney, it’s to be surprised.

I like Merriment!

I do love that word because it reminds me of Ed Wynn in the original Mary Poppins being so happy and merry.

So, for fun, I’ve taken the list of all the suggestions and decided to make a short list of the ones I feel are the 10 most likely for Disney to choose:

Disney Adventure
Disney Believe
Disney Discovery
Disney Enchantment
Disney Endeavor
Disney Imagine
Disney Legacy
Disney Legend
Disney Spirit
Disney Wish

I’ll be shocked if at least one of the ships doesn’t come from this list, but if there is anything you can count on from Disney, it’s to be surprised.

My favorites all along have been Believe, Wish and Imagine. My personal feeling is that Disney might not go with some of the longer names with more than one syllable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!