New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

I just gotta say -- when I started this thread 4-1/2 years ago, I never imagined it would reach almost 100 pages and be so informative and fun. You are all awesome for staying on top of all the new announcements and info and posting here. Lots of fun facts and hints. Thanks to all of you for taking part and being so helpful to everyone. I've so enjoyed reading each person's perspective and wishful thinking for the future ships. Here's hoping we can start scheduling soon! :hyper2: :worship:
Keep it coming....... :surfweb:

I'm sorry to hear that. I got an email invite, signed up under my old account and received an acknowledgement and calendar reminder. I don't know why everyone can't see it, but I will certainly update page one when and if it provides good information and surprises
Interesting, I got an email invite with a link to reserve my spot for the Apr 29 presentation. There was a video from Cruise Director Ashley linked in the email, but it is slightly different from the one posted by truck1 a few days ago. In the video, she addresses Castaway Club members, it displays the date of the presentation, and then directs viewers to the Disney Parks Blog to find out "how to join in on the fun." I assume they sent it to all Castaway Club members, but anyone can view this video on YouTube. It's unlisted, though, so you can't search for it.

I know it's the background they give you for signing up but isn't that image just the Dream/Fantasy? That ship doesn't have the curved rooms that stick out that we've seen in the images of the Wish

I just gotta say -- when I started this thread 4-1/2 years ago, I never imagined it would reach almost 100 pages and be so informative and fun. You are all awesome for staying on top of all the new announcements and info and posting here. Lots of fun facts and hints. Thanks to all of you for taking part and being so helpful to everyone. I've so enjoyed reading each person's perspective and wishful thinking for the future ships. Here's hoping we can start scheduling soon! :hyper2: :worship:
Keep it coming....... :surfweb:

I've been a long time lurker and just joined but wanted to say thank you so much for starting this thread in the first place, RedSox68! I'm so excited to see what the new ships are like and your thread has been a great way to keep track of all the news and speculation over the past few years :)

I've been a long time lurker and just joined but wanted to say thank you so much for starting this thread in the first place, RedSox68! I'm so excited to see what the new ships are like and your thread has been a great way to keep track of all the news and speculation over the past few years :)

My pleasure.....it's been fun ::yes::

I know it's the background they give you for signing up but isn't that image just the Dream/Fantasy? That ship doesn't have the curved rooms that stick out that we've seen in the images of the Wish
That certainly resembles the Dream/Fantasy more than the artwork we've seen for the Wish so far. Though they have touched it up to remove any distinguishing markings.

Based on past experiences/trends, how do the itineraries look for the newer boats? Will they all be 7 day extravaganzas? Or will there be shorter - like 5 day - trips for cheapos and landlovers like me?

Based on past experiences/trends, how do the itineraries look for the newer boats? Will they all be 7 day extravaganzas? Or will there be shorter - like 5 day - trips for cheapos and landlovers like me?

The first Dream class that was delivered took over 3 and 4nts from the Wonder.
Since the Dream is moving to Miami in June '22, that would heavily imply the Wish will do the same.
The second new ship, if they follow the pattern, would take over the 7 nights from the Fantasy.
That being said, DCL could mix things up starting with the second ship but only time will tell.

I have updated page one with the possible new sailing date of Wish, the Aft character and Cinderella in the Atrium. Anyone heard what the bow art might be?

Saw this over on DCL Blog’s Twitter, looks like we’ve got a much bigger aqua duck on the wish than the Fantasy/Dream. More roller coaster esque

Is anyone else confused about the aqua duck? Maybe its just the picture angle but I don't understand how it starts unless theres an uphill part. Do we know for sure its a slide? Could it be a little roller coaster??

Is anyone else confused about the aqua duck? Maybe its just the picture angle but I don't understand how it starts unless theres an uphill part. Do we know for sure its a slide? Could it be a little roller coaster??
I guess it's hard to know what it will really be like, but that photo is of a model with the second stack obscured. If I'm not mistaken, on the Dream class, that funnel is The Edge. Also, I thought DCL built 2 funnels to evoke that classic look. If they build an Aqua feature that obscures it, the Wish's silhouette won't have that same feeling. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter