New D23 Expo Superthread! (6/24/2019)

It has been connected to your email though. The confirmation number that D23 sent you is connected to your email address. So the question is ... did they then connect that email address to your badge number too?
My friend in CA. was finally able to get through on the phone. They said the ticket that I purchased is in my name and cannot be transferred. So that is that. Thanks guys for the help. :thanks:

I get into CA on Wednesday..will be in parks Wednesday and Thursday. Expo on Fri and Sun..DL on Saturday. Not sure what big panels I will wait for. Might be a night-before decision. Currently planning on seeing Legends but who knows :-) I am looking forward to seeing the Epcot model & Swiss Family Robinson panel.
Who are you most looking forward to seeing at Legends?
Im leaving on Thursday morning, but on my way over I’ll be visiting Universal Studios before my annual pass expires that weekend. Ill then be there for 2 days at the expo and then Sunday-Monday at the parks.

Im just hoping the standby lines for all three major stores aren't that bad and I’ll be able to enter them at some point. Other than that Im content with the panels I was able to reserve and the signing i was able to get.
What are you hoping to buy? I'm a doll collector and can't buy Ariel since I'll be in line for Studios but I'll be at the Disney store on Friday for the designer dolls.

I know they have made folding chairs of any variety prohibited. I'm reduced to a seating pad for comfort. Do you think they'll prohibit sleeping pads?
I'll be bringing a chair cushion. As long as it's not in the do not bring list and fits in your bookbag it should be okay.
I doubt they'll be looking that closely at expiration dates. But you can print out your account details at https://account.d23.com/ where it clearly shows the renewal date and use it as proof of expiration if they happen to notice.
Thanks I screenshot the page so they can see just in case.

I’ve done that before with success, but it really depends on how long the standby line is. Since they seat stage pass first, you have time to get to the standby line.
Thanks! I'm hoping with the panel being one of the last ones on Sun and the 30th anniversary voices panel going right up to 5:30, I can get in.

The app on my phone used to say that, but after Saturday it's like I never activated my badge. When I try to go through the process again, nothing happens.
Same here. Also there was an expo app update for iOS yesterday to fix "some bugs to improve your overall app experience". Don't know if that had anything to do with it.

eta: Reservations just started showing up in the app! Badge activation screen still messed up, but it's a moot point now.

Last edited:
With reservations now appearing in the app, I’m just hoping the app can be corrected to reflect if you chose 1 or 2 reservations to the event.

We talked it over. Since we did manage to get two passes for the movies and the parks panels, rather than try and stay up all night for that third slot, I'd go with DD to the movies panel, and go with DW to the parks panel.

Oh, and we've already been here for 2 days. Two more days in the parks, then off on Thursday to move hotel before the terror of the convention.

I feel like we may have a mini-meet up in the Will Call line on Thursday. :)
Everyone make sure to wear your LGMH (The Return of Lime Green Mickey Head for SWGE) so that the DISers can recognize each other and meet in person! We're like our own little tribe going to Expo! :)

For anyone with food allergies, I got a reply back from DLR accessibility services. We are permitted to bring in food under the exception that we have a food allergy. I was told to be prepared to tell security at bag check about my allergy. In addition, I was asked to please bring an empty water bottle and fill it at a water station. I hope this helps anyone else going to the expo with special dietary needs!
I also received my reply from DLR Accessibility Services, but was told that I could bring in my own bottles of water. (It has to be a specific brand, since other brands can cause reactions and reflux, and I don't know ahead what brands are for sale inside the ACC.) Since I'm not looking forward to battling this out with the ACC security staff, I have asked for further instructions on what to do if/when my food and bottles of water are confiscated. Last Expo, the ACC bag check lead told me right in front of the D23 leads that he didn't care that the guidelines allowed me to bring in food and drink for medical needs. HE didn't allow it, so HE was going to throw the things away. So he did. And the D23 team just shrugged and said they couldn't stop it.

I also received my reply from DLR Accessibility Services, but was told that I could bring in my own bottles of water. (It has to be a specific brand, since other brands can cause reactions and reflux, and I don't know ahead what brands are for sale inside the ACC.) Since I'm not looking forward to battling this out with the ACC security staff, I have asked for further instructions on what to do if/when my food and bottles of water are confiscated. Last Expo, the ACC bag check lead told me right in front of the D23 leads that he didn't care that the guidelines allowed me to bring in food and drink for medical needs. HE didn't allow it, so HE was going to throw the things away. So he did. And the D23 team just shrugged and said they couldn't stop it.

Ugh, that's one of the issues ... inconsistency with the security and rules. Last Expo I brought in a protein meal and a bottle of water from Starbucks and nobody said a thing. But for medical reasons, he shouldn't be throwing your stuff away. :(

Ugh, that's one of the issues ... inconsistency with the security and rules. Last Expo I brought in a protein meal and a bottle of water from Starbucks and nobody said a thing. But for medical reasons, he shouldn't be throwing your stuff away. :(
Exactly. I had walked in with it earlier and been fine. The second time around, no go. And if it isn't going to be allowed by the ACC, then D23 shouldn't be publishing it as allowed year after year in the guidelines. We'll see if I get a reply to my email.

Exactly. I had walked in with it earlier and been fine. The second time around, no go. And if it isn't going to be allowed by the ACC, then D23 shouldn't be publishing it as allowed year after year in the guidelines. We'll see if I get a reply to my email.

That's terrible. So 1) bring enough food for a full day and hope for the best 2) bring enough food that you won't be sad they threw it away

Both options are not great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter