New D23 Expo Superthread! (6/24/2019)

For those visiting Disneyland before, during, and/or after Expo, ***** is reporting the monorail will not be operating between 11a.m. and 6pm.

https://*****.com/2019/07/operating...il-until-september-2019-at-disneyland-resort/
Update- the Disboards site wiped out part of the link in my post for some reason,...,

It might be a banned site. The monorail had been reported to be closed during those times this summer, maybe to save money, maybe due to heat. I guess it makes sense during D23, since it's really still summer.

We're a month away and have 24 panels announced so far. In 2017, there were 49 panels across the four main stages.

To me, it looks like we have room for a few more animation-based panels (there were a lot in 2017) and a lot more Disney history themed talks. There's also nothing from ABC, so I'd expect a few there. Maybe there will be a Lucasfilm-focused panel? That would be new. And how much more from Fox properties?

My wish list includes a Hocus Pocus panel and the Muppets (Kermit acting as moderator doesn't count).

What do you think is missing and/or what do you hope/want to be added?

We're a month away and have 24 panels announced so far. In 2017, there were 49 panels across the four main stages.

To me, it looks like we have room for a few more animation-based panels (there were a lot in 2017) and a lot more Disney history themed talks. There's also nothing from ABC, so I'd expect a few there. Maybe there will be a Lucasfilm-focused panel? That would be new. And how much more from Fox properties?

My wish list includes a Hocus Pocus panel and the Muppets (Kermit acting as moderator doesn't count).

I don't think we've heard anything from Pixar except for what they're announcing at the Films panel, so I expect a few panels by Pixar.

I expect one or two "anniversary" panels. Perhaps a Sleeping Beauty 60th anniversary or Tarzan 20th anniversary panel? Would they dare do a Star Wars Episode 1 20th anniversary panel? 🤣

Add me to the list totally hoping for a Muppets panel. Last Expo was the first one I remember that didn't have the Muppets on Friday, and it felt like there was a hole in the day. Especially since the 2015 Muppet panel had been so good! So, yes, bring them back!

Add me to the list totally hoping for a Muppets panel. Last Expo was the first one I remember that didn't have the Muppets on Friday, and it felt like there was a hole in the day. Especially since the 2015 Muppet panel had been so good! So, yes, bring them back!
That would be very high on my list if so!!!

I updated the Google schedule I started with the latest slew of panels. I added detailed descriptions as comments so if you hover over a panel block, you can see its full description. I'll continue to update this schedule as more info is released, but I opened up the permissions so you should be able to create a copy of this sheet if you'd like to use it as a starting point for your own custom schedule.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11m-kIbB3C3bembHY7n91dJT3CkYbNl8Q6ovpAq_S0z4/edit?usp=sharing

I just wanted to say this spreadsheet is wonderful and I hope you keep updating it because it is super useful (It seems like D23 doesn't want to give us the information in a handy dandy table yet.)

Looking at the spreadsheet I feel like there must be a lot more panels yet to be announced, it feels like a LOT of gaps. And when I look at the 2017 schedule that confirms it - clearly they've only announced about half the panels. (Currently 28 panels, last year 51 panels.)

I am totally freaking out about the Agents of Shield panel on Friday afternoon, it is my #1 priority and will try for the meet and greet to see Clark Gregg.

No news on how the reservation process will work yet? What about the D23 Expo app... any word on when that’s supposed to be released?? I just don’t want to be miss out of something. They really sure like to leave expo planning for crunch time... xD

No news on how the reservation process will work yet? What about the D23 Expo app... any word on when that’s supposed to be released?? I just don’t want to be miss out of something. They really sure like to leave expo planning for crunch time... xD
Typically full schedules and the App are updated shortly before the Expo (I believe a few short weeks before).

@Elias1901 As @ThisIsHowWeDo said, more information won’t be coming until closer to the event dates. Disney generally doesn’t release the app until right before the Expo and that’s is usually is our first glimpse at the full schedule, which can and does often change after being released.

Played at the Disneyland Resort this morning, no Expo banners up yet...just the posters on the Esplanade. I keep waiting for the banners to go up. 😂

More information on the Disney+ panels and show floor pavilions.
Disney+

Aw yeah, Jeff Goldblum! Some pretty cool stuff here! Wonder how much space the pavilion stage will have.

On a separate note, apparently sorcerers who RSP'd the LE Ariel doll got a preview and were told not to share...and someone didn't listen, because it's all over Instagram. 😑

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter