New D23 Expo Superthread! (6/24/2019)

Aw yeah, Jeff Goldblum! Some pretty cool stuff here! Wonder how much space the pavilion stage will have.

On a separate note, apparently sorcerers who RSP'd the LE Ariel doll got a preview and were told not to share...and someone didn't listen, because it's all over Instagram. 😑

And Angela Kinsey! This is getting exciting!

I also was excited about Jeff Goldblum, they may be underestimating his popularity if this is a small stage.

They have just updated the website with all of the gold member benefits. Interesting that the post does not contain any information about the gold member priority seating for panels in Hall D23 and the Arena. I wonder if that benefit has changed based on the pre registration for the shows. Thankfully that the Charter member lounge will still be available for us charter members.

https://d23.com/d23-expo-2019-gold-member-benefits/

Aw yeah, Jeff Goldblum! Some pretty cool stuff here! Wonder how much space the pavilion stage will have.

On a separate note, apparently sorcerers who RSP'd the LE Ariel doll got a preview and were told not to share...and someone didn't listen, because it's all over Instagram. 😑
Yeah I saw that but I like seeing products in advance.

They have just updated the website with all of the gold member benefits. Interesting that the post does not contain any information about the gold member priority seating for panels in Hall D23 and the Arena. I wonder if that benefit has changed based on the pre registration for the shows. Thankfully that the Charter member lounge will still be available for us charter members.

https://d23.com/d23-expo-2019-gold-member-benefits/
Re the Gold priority seating, this is still in the FAQs in the Presentations and Queues section...

For Hall D23 and the D23 Expo Arena, the Gold Member Priority Queue will have first access to general seating, followed by StagePass reservations.

I really wish Disney would SHOW what will be available. I'm convinced the line to the Disney store would be smaller if they stopped trying to make everything a surprise. A lot of people I talked to just wanted to see what was there.
Yeah I know a lot of the stuff available we get from sorcerers who have first access from preordering or the preview day. It makes shopping a lot easier when you know what you want. I think they just rely on people to buy stuff on a whim. Some products aren't even exclusive and are just being sold early.

So that poster print that's exclusive to D23 Gold Members... I'm neither a gold member nor will I be at the expo but I really want it. What are my chances of picking up something like that on ebay?

So that poster print that's exclusive to D23 Gold Members... I'm neither a gold member nor will I be at the expo but I really want it. What are my chances of picking up something like that on ebay?
I’m sure there will be a few on eBay - last Expo’s Gold poster gift showed up there, if you search D23 Expo 2017 Gold you can find some current listings for it,

Yeah I saw that but I like seeing products in advance.

I really wish Disney would SHOW what will be available. I'm convinced the line to the Disney store would be smaller if they stopped trying to make everything a surprise. A lot of people I talked to just wanted to see what was there.

Yeah, I agree - it'd be amazing if they put out a merch guide with images that people could use to track/locate items. Save a lot of time and some money, too. I preordered the Masquerade doll set sight unseen, but I would've LOVED concept art, images, anything.

I'm just hoping this share doesn't prevent them from doing future sneak peeks. I can't tell if they said "don't share," knowing full well people will do just that, and hoping for some hype, or genuinely didn't want any leaks.

Will the Gold members lounge be Gold member and guest? It will be okay if it isn't but it would be nice to be able to bring my husband in with me.

Will the Gold members lounge be Gold member and guest? It will be okay if it isn't but it would be nice to be able to bring my husband in with me.
I can only speak about the charter member lounge but yes they have allowed us to bring in a guest. My guess would be that you can have one guest if you are gold and three if you are gold family, but that is not official and only my speculation.

I can only speak about the charter member lounge but yes they have allowed us to bring in a guest. My guess would be that you can have one guest if you are gold and three if you are gold family, but that is not official and only my speculation.

I didn't go to the last Expo, but when I went in 2015 the Charter Member lounge did not allow any extra guests. I did not go in and sit by myself to see what was in there because they wouldn't let my husband come in. Seems like that changed in 2017? I hope so because it seemed a bit ridiculous.

I'm on the fence: we should respect the request and yet...everyone is hungry for information! It's a no win situation.

For sure. Can't wait for tickets to start going out next week

With tickets being shipped as of August 5th... about when is it expected for news on how the new panel reservation system will work to be announced? Hopefully not immediately after they ship so mail has a chance to catch up with everyone before reservations go live. It would sure suck if folks didn't have their credentials in time before reservations opened up... even though apparently even those without tickets are supposedly going to be able to make reservations also.

Also. I have a question regarding timing on a couple things here... if one were to be in the Disney Legends Awards Ceremony at 10:30 AM on Friday, would it be over with in enough time to make attending the 12:00 PM Walt Disney Animation Studios Panel or the 12:30 PM The World According to Jeff Goldblum Q&A possible? How long does the Legends typically go on for... an hour?? Eh, I dunno... does anybody have any advice or strategies on this notion? I haven't decided which of these two would take priority to me as both are appealing but if say there was no way to make the 12 PM panel but the 12:30 PM one may be doable, I might have to skew in that direction with my plans.

Thoughts??

Typically from other D23 membership events, the Gold membership allows you and a guest. The family is you + 3 guests. I have to think this would be the same for the D23 Expo Gold fan lounge since the priority pass for lines follows the same standard for guests.

With tickets being shipped as of August 5th... about when is it expected for news on how the new panel reservation system will work to be announced? Hopefully not immediately after they ship so mail has a chance to catch up with everyone before reservations go live. It would sure suck if folks didn't have their credentials in time before reservations opened up... even though apparently even those without tickets are supposedly going to be able to make reservations also.

Also. I have a question regarding timing on a couple things here... if one were to be in the Disney Legends Awards Ceremony at 10:30 AM on Friday, would it be over with in enough time to make attending the 12:00 PM Walt Disney Animation Studios Panel or the 12:30 PM The World According to Jeff Goldblum Q&A possible? How long does the Legends typically go on for... an hour?? Eh, I dunno... does anybody have any advice or strategies on this notion? I haven't decided which of these two would take priority to me as both are appealing but if say there was no way to make the 12 PM panel but the 12:30 PM one may be doable, I might have to skew in that direction with my plans.

Thoughts??

According to the schedule on the D23 website, the Legends panel is scheduled to go until 12:00. It looks like these panels you're looking to attend are on the show floor at the Disney+ pavilion. I don't know if it's something you'll actually be required to line up to see because they have stages on the show floor where you can simply walk up to.

According to the schedule on the D23 website, the Legends panel is scheduled to go until 12:00. It looks like these panels you're looking to attend are on the show floor at the Disney+ pavilion. I don't know if it's something you'll actually be required to line up to see because they have stages on the show floor where you can simply walk up to.

Holy catfish! That is a long presentation!! However, that is good to know that these panels might be more of a walk-up and observe kind of thing... so would the animation panel only last a half hour to be concluded in time for the Jeff Goldblum Q&A to begin? Or would there be several different stages in the Disney+ pavilion so bleed over wouldn't be an issue??

I didn't go to the last Expo, but when I went in 2015 the Charter Member lounge did not allow any extra guests. I did not go in and sit by myself to see what was in there because they wouldn't let my husband come in. Seems like that changed in 2017? I hope so because it seemed a bit ridiculous.
Really! They’ve always allowed me to bring a guest in every year. Maybe it depends on who is sitting by the door checking ids...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter