New Character Interactions On Disney Cruise Line

But when you saw that you had that and could STILL do the meet & greets. Why shouldn't it be like that again? Where both are happening around the ship?

I’ve experienced both… I wasn’t a fan of the meet & greets (the pictures look good but the experience is not my cup of tea).

Right now, there is a pandemic. Things are going to be different for a while. While I don’t plan to sail on DCL in 2021-2022, I’ll be happy with whatever I get (on other cruise lines). Better than being stuck at home.

We moved our sail date out again to mid Sept 2022 to try to avoid most of the fall out.

I understand why the way things are the way they are now, and I'm not complaining about right now, or next year even. I just would like to think at some point meet & greets will go back to what they were.

Right now, there is a pandemic. Things are going to be different for a while. While I don’t plan to sail on DCL in 2021-2022, I’ll be happy with whatever I get. Better than being stuck at home.

We moved our sail date out again to mid Sept 2022 to try to avoid most of the fall out.

I understand why the way things are the way they are now, and I'm not complaining about right now, or next year even. I just would like to think at some point meet & greets will go back to what they were.

I am 100% convinced that they will... At some point.

In another thread in the news section we were discussing this topic as well. Probably not till there is a herd immunity, and then there is the issue of the unions. Can you find people who want to hug strangers the whole day etc.
I'm sure it will come back, but it might take a while.

But from what I've experienced in Disneyland Paris, pros and cons to selfies. It goes a lot quicker, and in Paris we get a more unique mix of customes and characters :)

I just would like to think at some point meet & greets will go back to what they were.
Yes, but it will have be at the point when Disney's union workers no longer balk at spending the entire work day hugging strangers. How many people would like that to be in their job description anytime soon? Imo it's going to be a long time, if ever, that characters hugging guests returns. I'm sure that mildly spaced & hands-off photos with characters will return before that, but as we all know, that isn't nearly the same as being able to hug them and stand shoulder to shoulder with them.

I’m sailing on a staycation uk at the end of August. We have a five year old and a two year old.
I would much prefer designated socially distanced selfie opportunities rather than just hoping that the characters come close enough for our little ones to see them and also that when they do appear our little ones know to try and stand still long enough in front of them to get a pic.
I’m honestly not certain that all these factors will align. As a consequence I won’t be booking the full photo package. And also apparently the photographers aren’t shadowing the characters anyway. For these cruises it is what it is and I will reserve judgement until after the cruise. I have a further cruise with the little ones after that, so I’ll decide after this sailing whether or not I’ll continue or cancel if it’s the same. Because of their ages meeting the characters is their number one reason for cruising.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter