New Character Breakfast coming to the Boardwalk

Had a hard time booking over the phone and online but was able to book through my Disney experience. Has anyone booked through the app before? Because of what happened with online and calling getting errors (with more than just myself) I'm a little wary that seeing this go through is too good to be true

I booked online and have a confirmation number. It's showing up in my plans, so I'm sure it's ok.

I find it hilarious that people are jumping at a breakfast without having a clue what you'll be eating. No where does it say what food will be on offer. Just one ore way in which @lockedoutlogic is correct about people jumping on anything that the Mouse throws at them. This is poor consumerism at it's best.

Bad consumers...so desperate to escape what ever it is that's going on at Mundane home that they look for a new reason to throw money at Disney everyday...

Escapism that results in extortion

Bad consumers...so desperate to escape what ever it is that's going on at Mundane home that they look for a new reason to throw money at Disney everyday...

Why so salty? What's REALLY sad is the two of you feeling the need to comment on what other people are doing with their time and money.

By the way, they do have a menu out already. Maybe look into things before making ignorant comments? Bless your hearts. https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...2-at-trattoria-al-forno-at-disneys-boardwalk/

I don't see it ending.

On the After Hours upcharge spectacular thread people are actually upset that Disney wont cut hours and offer more of the event.

I have no words......

Why so salty? What's REALLY sad is the two of you feeling the need to comment on what other people are doing with their time and money.

By the way, they do have a menu out already. Maybe look into things before making ignorant comments? Bless your hearts. https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...2-at-trattoria-al-forno-at-disneys-boardwalk/

If you're gonna disregard my schtick - which don't get me wrong I fully support - please read the archive material and see the method to the madness

I don't see it ending.

On the After Hours upcharge spectacular thread people are actually upset that Disney wont cut hours and offer more of the event.

I have no words......

No doubt...

And notice this cat goes nowhere near that nonsense...I wouldn't be able to not unleash Excalibur.

I'm under no delusion that they're not people posting right that would gladly pay $240 a day to ride the same Tired stuff.

I just hope somebody hides the rope when they get home...I fear for their safety.

Last edited:

If you're gonna disregard my schtick - which don't get me wrong I fully support - please read the archive material and see the method to the madness

Look, I totally get that Disney will find every way possible to take as much of our money as humanly possible. I'm not unaware of that fact :) I'd like to think most people know it's a business and they're mostly concerned with manipulating your emotions in any way necessary to get you to spend money. That being said, you can be aware and accept it for what it is and still enjoy yourself. I'm not putting my family in debt to go here or anything. I just don't see the need to rain on everyone's excitement. And I wanted to point out that, yes, in fact, they do have a menu up already. I would have booked it anyway because I've had enough character breakfasts to know that I would be ok with it. I haven't been on these boards as long as you have, so I don't know if you are rude, or trying to be the voice of reason, or what :)

I find it hilarious that people are jumping at a breakfast without having a clue what you'll be eating. No where does it say what food will be on offer. Just one ore way in which @lockedoutlogic is correct about people jumping on anything that the Mouse throws at them. This is poor consumerism at it's best.

Um, it actually does say exactly what will be offered, and it sounds really good to be honest. Overpriced, but better than the generic potatoes/sausage/waffles you usually get.

The fixed price for the experience is $34 for adults and $20 for children ages 3-9, or 1 Table Service Credit on the Disney Dining Plan.

Additionally, Disney Parks Blog has just announced a menu! Breakfast begins with the guest’s choice of a fresh fruit salad or mixed berry parfait. This will be coupled with a frying pan (a la Rapunzel, I presume
icon_smile.gif
) of pastries including braided bread.

©Disney

Next, adult guests will make their selections from the following entrees:

Shipwreck al Forno
Calzone with scrambled Eggs, Soppressata, Bacon, Sausage,
Blend of Cheeses and Sunday Gravy

Golden Frittata
Prosciutto di Parma, Piquillo Peppers, Green Onion,
Pecorino Romano and Roasted Potatoes

©Disney

Tangled Eggs
Tomato & Basil Scrambled Eggs,
Fresh Mozzarella, Sunday Gravy and Roasted Potatoes

Two Eggs Poached Under Water
House-made Fennel sausage, Parmesan, and Sunday Gravy
over Golden Polenta and Toasted Ciabatta

©Disney

Tower of Pancakes
Seasonal Buttermilk Pancakes with Bacon or Sausage

Royal Breakfast
Oak-Grilled Steak, Cheesy Egg Torte, Asparagus,
Crispy Onions and Roasted Potatoes

©Disney

Swimmers di ‘light’
Smoked Salmon Egg White Omelet with Spinach, Mushrooms,
Tomatoes, Goat Cheese and Roasted potatoes

Options for the little princesses and princes in your party will feature a Mickey Pancake, Mickey Waffle or a “Little Royal Breakfast” (an egg, bacon, and toast). Non-alcoholic beverages are included, and adults may also choose to add a Mimosa, a Peach Bellini, or specialty coffees at an additional charge.

Hate to burst your bubble, but there was a menu announced and was thoroughly reviewed by myself and entire party before deciding to book. I understand if YOU don't see a value. But to just label people "bad consumers" without the facts isn't exactly "logical"...

As has already been stated, there was a menu reported. Please make sure you're at least being factually correct before going down rabbit hole rants about "poor consumerism". Don't you guys hate it when people just go off the deep end on "rumors" without facts? I may be new to the boards, but I've picked up on that at least...

I'll take part of it back, there is a menu, somewhere. That said, on the webpage for the actual restaurant, there is no menu. Not even the current breakfast menu.

Now, going back to the point of bad consumerism: they added new names to most of the current dishes and added about 60% to the cost. You figure $50/hour for the cast members to walk around as characters, that's about a 4-top worth of patrons. Now add another 100 people (conservative estimate) and Disney is making another $1250/hour (again, very conservative) for food that previously was sold for $14.95 instead of $34. Sorry, that's bad consumerism.

We ate at Trattoria at least 3 times last year for breakfast. Just walked in.

It doesn't strike me as a large enough place to host a character breakfast.

This just means we won't be able to eat there spontaneously any more. Bummer.

PS - the menu does look the same as what was offered last year. And I presume you could always ask for something off menu - we do it all the time......

Woah! The Disney Defenders are sure out in force today :rolleyes1

Btw - the menu looks pretty nifty (is that a word still) over the usual fare character breakfast fare. It's just too bad, it's the same stuff, renamed, and now double the price cause Rapunzel stopped to take a pic at your table.

Also, the menu seems a bit specialized. Not sure if these are flavors that will appeal to the general masses and I hope that doesn't lead to poor response which causes Disney to go to the usual bacon and egg scramble

Also, the menu seems a bit specialized. Not sure if these are flavors that will appeal to the general masses and I hope that doesn't lead to poor response which causes Disney to go to the usual bacon and egg scramble
I hope they don't dumb this down. I like when they do specialized menus instead of the same general stuff you can get everywhere else.

Btw - the menu looks pretty nifty (is that a word still) over the usual fare character breakfast fare. It's just too bad, it's the same stuff, renamed, and now double the price cause Rapunzel stopped to take a pic at your table.

Let's be clear. I'm a Trattoria fan. Have done both breakfast and dinner there and would gladly do breakfast there again, without the character stuff but that won't be an option. I do hope they don't change the menu to more bland/basic foods for those that go.

I'll take part of it back, there is a menu, somewhere. That said, on the webpage for the actual restaurant, there is no menu. Not even the current breakfast menu.

Now, going back to the point of bad consumerism: they added new names to most of the current dishes and added about 60% to the cost. You figure $50/hour for the cast members to walk around as characters, that's about a 4-top worth of patrons. Now add another 100 people (conservative estimate) and Disney is making another $1250/hour (again, very conservative) for food that previously was sold for $14.95 instead of $34. Sorry, that's bad consumerism.

Not entirely true. $14.95, + juice/coffee (so what, $4 or so by Disney standards), plus pastries (again, say $4-$5). So it's really $34 vs. $23-$24. Sure it's overpriced for what it is, but all character meals are, and this is less so than a lot.

Speaking as someone who booked this, we are going for a one day trip before a cruise to Epcot. That extra $10 per person on that meal saved me from needing a parkhopper since my daughter only wants to meet Ariel and my father really wants to go to Epcot. I guess if you really want, you can call me a bad consumer. Personally it's saving me a ton of money/hassle in trying to make everyone happy, so I call it a steal. In fact, I would argue people who do nothing but complain about where the parks are headed/all the extras and then continue to take multiple trips a year are the bad consumers. We aren't cutting cold turkey, but we decided against the parks this trip due to the price increases and I sent an email to Guest Relations letting them know. Next vacation it is very likely we don't even head to Orlando for the first time in probably 5 years.

Let's be clear. I'm a Trattoria fan. Have done both breakfast and dinner there and would gladly do breakfast there again, without the character stuff but that won't be an option. I do hope they don't change the menu to more bland/basic foods for those that go.

I am hoping for the same. I thought I was clear about that. I've seen in the past where they turned a restaurant into a character experience that had a specialized menu get a poor response and instead of removing the characters and going back to how it was, they dumbed down the food.

Okay, so thank you for posting this and validating that the menu is the same. Here's the issue I have. I've been to WDW just one time: last year on my honeymoon. I'm a relatively new Disney fan and as such, don't really have a "defender" attitude because I have no real nostalgia thing. We're going back in May with friends and aren't booking up-charge experiences, or paying through the nose for things that shouldn't be charged for. That being said, we're staying at Boardwalk Villas and I had heard really great things about Trattoria. It seems a lot of you agree that the breakfast is good. I've never had a chance to eat there (again, only one trip under my belt) and I thought it would be nice to try. When they announced it would be a character breakfast, I was a little concerned but still considering eating there. When the menu was announced, I was pleased because the food stayed the same. I also happen to enjoy the characters who will be there.

My point is, I'm told to not be a "bad consumer" or a "Disney Defender", and I try really hard not to be. But what was my option here? Never eat there as a protest? Especially since people think it might eventually be bacon and egg scramble? I honestly thought, okay, yeah the prices went up but food quality didn't seem to decrease, and I do like that I get to meet characters I can't normally.

I'm pretty sure we all have stuff that we'll pay a bit more for at WDW than we would outside, right? Otherwise, none of us would be going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter