New Character Breakfast coming to the Boardwalk

Oh good grief. "Disney Defenders?!?!" Is it really a thing to be rude and judgemental on these boards? Look, Disney is a business. They are going to make as much money as they can. That's what they do. It would be nice if they cared about their guests because they are just good, loving people. The truth is they will care if/when it hurts their bottom line. I am excited about this breakfast because I freakin' love character breakfasts and so do my kids. It's worth it to me. I'm sure you spend money on things in your life that I would find frivolous or ridiculous. Guess what? I wouldn't say a word because it doesn't affect me.

Not "defending" anything. Just really hate to see people be so judgemental and spread inaccurate information (re: booking before a menu was released)

Edited to add: I read your other responses and see that you don't care how others spend their money. I would say that the tone in some of your responses seems to suggest otherwise. Still, as long as we all realize that this is a "to each their own" sort of a situation, I don't see a problem. There are loads of things in life my friends spend copious amounts of money on that seem ridiculous to me. I spend money on vacations :)

Oh, Bless your heart, I think you've misinterpreted my tone on several of them, then.

What inaccurate information occurred, exactly? People decided they would book before a menu was released and others felt that was jumping the gun and blindly giving into whatever the Mouse offers. It's a valid point of view. I don't feel anyone should have to "defend" their position one way or the other, but I do find it humorous when people will vigorously defend a Disney policy that lowers quality and raises pricing.

Where we all mostly agree is that this was a place with unique breakfast offerings and while some are excited that characters will be added to the atmosphere (I, for one, am not) others are concerned that adding this will "dumb down" the offerings and it will just be the same old thing that can be found in multiple places on property. However, some people booked it just because it was a character experience with limited knowledge of the venue and that is somewhat puzzling/concerning.

I honestly don't care how many times anyone eats a character breakfast/lunch/dinner/snack/midnight snack/brunch/lupper while at Walt Disney World. I don't, but I do care when Disney cheapens my experience and affectively raises the price and I'll state my opinion about it all I want. It seems in this case, they've attempted to not cheapen the experience and I hope it remains that way. The character meal has pushed me away because I just don't like that experience in general, but perhaps it will save the venue and the offering by making others interested.

Last edited:
It's not really being "Disney Defenders" - I think of it more as being "Disney Realists" and know that things costs differently at Disney than they do elsewhere because they are providing a unique experience. Same thing at a baseball game - the hot dogs and beer are a lot more than you would pay elsewhere but it is a unique experience so that is part of the cost.

I actually hope people do frequent this because a) it is a different character line-up and showing there is a demand for the princes and b) the current menu is interesting and not "dumbed down"

Not going out of protesting does nothing but lessen your experience if you want to go

Just to be clear...nobody even hinted at calling for a "boycott"

What I said...and other as well...is that I'd like everyone to stop and take a breathe before buying not only this...but everything.

This very thread had "how do I book it!!???" Literally within seconds of it being announced. The neurons can't even fire that fast...the fact typing beat it is incredible.

It's not so much here...but nonsense like the villians soirée and after hours magic.

Stop and think...that is a better consumer. Reject what is stupid.

This is not...but never hurts to practice thinking, no?

You are preaching to the choir, reverend...

The 70's-90's food was the best and honestly what made me a huge fan.

But it's fallen off the cliff since...ridiculously overpriced - no worse than character buffets - and the "crapitization" resulting from the dining plan and the reservation system.

And a tall cliff at that !!

What I said...and other as well...is that I'd like everyone to stop and take a breathe before buying not only this...but everything.

This very thread had "how do I book it!!???" Literally within seconds of it being announced. The neurons can't even fire that fast...the fact typing beat it is incredible.

It's not so much here...but nonsense like the villians soirée and after hours magic.

That's asking a lot

Oh, Bless your heart, I think you've misinterpreted my tone on several of them, then.

What inaccurate information occurred, exactly? People decided they would book before a menu was released and others felt that was jumping the gun and blindly giving into whatever the Mouse offers. It's a valid point of view. I don't feel anyone should have to "defend" their position one way or the other, but I do find it humorous when people will vigorously defend a Disney policy that lowers quality and raises pricing.

Where we all mostly agree is that this was a place with unique breakfast offerings and while some are excited that characters will be added to the atmosphere (I, for one, am not) others are concerned that adding this will "dumb down" the offerings and it will just be the same old thing that can be found in multiple places on property. However, some people booked it just because it was a character experience with limited knowledge of the venue and that is somewhat puzzling/concerning.

I honestly don't care how many times anyone eats a character breakfast/lunch/dinner/snack/midnight snack/brunch/lupper while at Walt Disney World. I don't, but I do care when Disney cheapens my experience and affectively raises the price and I'll state my opinion about it all I want. It seems in this case, they've attempted to not cheapen the experience and I hope it remains that way. The character meal has pushed me away because I just don't like that experience in general, but perhaps it will save the venue and the offering by making others interested.

Stating that a menu hadn't been posted was inaccurate (you didn't say that, someone else did...which is partially why I even bothered responding in the first place.)

And you can have as many opinions as you want. I wasn't upset by anyone's opinion on whether or not this is a good idea. What did upset me was the tone of the posts. You and everyone else can express your concerns (which are valid!) without making assumptions about others or labeling people as "Disney Defenders." I mean, I seriously laughed out loud when I read that term. I am absolutely under no delusion as to how Disney operates. Some of the comments on this thread just seemed rude. Everyone can express opinions, but when you start making assumptions about peoples' knowledge and motivations that can cause problems. My apologies if I took any of your comments the wrong way.

And I agree with everyone else....I hope they keep this menu (or at least keep it different and fresh) as opposed to another standard buffet.

I get what you're saying. But some people WANT to do all the things no matter what. I guess it just doesn't bother me thought I do get the argument some are making (raising the cost and getting less of Disney for more money.) The tone here just comes off as "Stop being so stupid!" After reading more of your posts, I don't think that's how you mean it...but it does come off that way at first glance.

There are some things in life that I analyze to death before I make a purchase. Like, serious research overkill. There are some things I flat out refuse to spend money on that my friends and family all consider necessities. Then there are things that I will buy in an instant with little to no thought at all. Vacations are kind of like that for me. Once I decide I'm going somewhere, I know my budget and I just go for it. I guess I'm saying we all have different things in our lives that bring us joy.

I didn't know "Disney Defenders" was a thing lol I need to understand the lingo and different camps on disboards I guess.

I get what you're saying. But some people WANT to do all the things no matter what. I guess it just doesn't bother me thought I do get the argument some are making (raising the cost and getting less of Disney for more money.) The tone here just comes off as "Stop being so stupid!" After reading more of your posts, I don't think that's how you mean it...but it does come off that way at first glance.

There are some things in life that I analyze to death before I make a purchase. Like, serious research overkill. There are some things I flat out refuse to spend money on that my friends and family all consider necessities. Then there are things that I will buy in an instant with little to no thought at all. Vacations are kind of like that for me. Once I decide I'm going somewhere, I know my budget and I just go for it. I guess I'm saying we all have different things in our lives that bring us joy.

I didn't know "Disney Defenders" was a thing lol I need to understand the lingo and different camps on disboards I guess.

It's not "personal choice" it's an all out price assault on everything and a huge rollout of upsells.

It pushes the line for everyone and we are gonna end up where ALOT of people get entirely pushed out. I'm guessing 90% of this board.

I'm not there yet...but I'm shockingly closer in the last 5 years

It's not "personal choice" it's an all out price assault on everything and a huge rollout of upsells.

It pushes the line for everyone and we are gonna end up where ALOT of people get entirely pushed out. I'm guessing 90% of this board.

I'm not there yet...but I'm shockingly closer in the last 5 years

I've only been going for about 7 years, so I guess that may be part of it for me. How sad....maybe that this is just what I've always known from Disney? I never got to go as a kid, so I'm sure I'm overcompensating now.

I've only been going for about 7 years, so I guess that may be part of it for me. How sad....maybe that this is just what I've always known from Disney? I never got to go as a kid, so I'm sure I'm overcompensating now.
I don't think of anyone as being stupid when it comes to this topic. I get a bit frustrated though as I watch Disney transform into a money-grubbing sad excuse for the Disney Company of old. I understand that others don't necessarily agree and companies all want to make as much money as possible and so on but that doesn't keep it from being frustrating.

Just as an FYI...it would be a cold day in hades before a character costs $50 an hour...not even close...more like $25

Yeah, but 4 characters. I would think $50/ hour over 4 characters would be about right (unless I missed the math and they were talking that per character).

Ill fully admit I book things quick and on a whim if I see something I may want open. But I also cancel things all the time. Im a weird guy that loves doimg things like constantly looking for better deals/upgrades, so i like the challenge of it all. So for me, I booked it quick since we will be there a short period of time and I was interested, but I also wouldn't hesitate/won't hesitate as reviews come out to cancel it just as quick.

yes, that does make sense. Thanks.

ETA: OH, I GET IT NOW.... DUH!!!
Yup. Sorry, I lurk way more than po
Just as an FYI...it would be a cold day in hades before a character costs $50 an hour...not even close...more like $25
I meant $50 for all 4 characters. I didn't figure they cost more than $12.50/hr, so $50 total. Perhaps a bit more but no certainly not $50.

We used to enjoy going there for a relaxing breakfast & we're sad those days are now apparently over.:guilty: And frankly, just not going to pay $20 for my kid to eat a waffle, a pancake, or one egg with a piece of toast & bacon - not gonna do it. And $34 for kids 10 and over? Uuhhh......NO.

We used to enjoy going there for a relaxing breakfast & we're sad those days are now apparently over.:guilty: And frankly, just not going to pay $20 for my kid to eat a waffle, a pancake, or one egg with a piece of toast & bacon - not gonna do it. And $34 for kids 10 and over? Uuhhh......NO.

It's the kid price I find the most nuts - they are getting served a 2 year old's amount of food for breakfast and their whole "value" is in the characters. I get why - b/c every grown up in the world will want the kids' meal to save money and b/c it's plain, so Disney has set up a path where they never need to say no to the adult. It would be nicer if Disney just enforced kids' meal guidelines vs making parents of kids with real appetites (like my 2 under 9 boys) order them adult meals just so they are not starving in 30 minutes after the meal...I mean, before drinks and (added) butter/oil, that egg/toast/bacon meal is a whopping 207 calories...not to mention, eggs at Aldi's are 70 cents a dozen, bread at Aldi's is 85 cents a loaf (20 slices), and thick cut bacon at Aldi's is $4/lb (12 slices), so the food cost at most (since Disney isn't paying more than an Aldi's price when they buy wholesale) is 43 cents plus a pat of butter and cup of juice for that meal (so maybe it gets up to 75 cents)...I'm sure the pastry platter and fruit size won't change whether there is 1 or 4 people at the table, so the kid add-on cost is nothing...

Very sad to learn of this change for Tratorria. We really enjoyed eating breakfast there but they will now lose a couple of customers once it begins.
We'll go in for a farewell breakfast before Apr. 2.

Not skimming through this to read but I take it I was the only one looking forward to this breakfast? My sisters (23 years old I should add) two favorite princesses are featured, with their husbands/significant others/whatever and she's stoked. She can't wait to meet Flynn and the price if we weren't using dining plan is kind of nice!!! Just my two cents

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter