New CDC Outdoor Guidance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will Disney choose to follow the new outdoor mask guidance that vaccinated individuals do not need to be masked even in crowded outdoor areas, or continue to follow its private company policies.

personally, I hope they start to follow the guidance and allow us to enter the park without a mask. But what does everyone think?

Do you just let the vaccinated people go maskless? Because that’s CDCs guidance, not a mask less free for all. And how can Disney know who is and who isn’t?

I am definitely not going against that science and am looking forward to not having to wear a mask. I am concerned how this would be enforced so that only vaccinated people are being unmasked - and then some concern with people who aren't masked and aren't vaccinated being near kids who can't get vaccinated, etc.

I just think in effect if a place says that unvaccinated people can be unmasked they have to be ok with anyone being unmasked - segregating is not practical
That’s not how masks work. I can’t believe people don’t understand this after over a year.

The masks prevented my entire family (immediate and extended) from catching covid for the last 14 months. So...
Maybe they did maybe they didn’t. My entire family for the most part never did/still never does wear masks. We got to sporting events that are at 100% go to store without them and everything. None of us caught covid.
So there is a chance that if you never put a mask on that you wouldn’t have caught it.
But then again maybe it did prevent your from catching it. No one will ever know.
I’m super excited that DeSantis is protecting people’s right though when it comes to vaccine or no vaccine.

Maybe they did maybe they didn’t. My entire family for the most part never did/still never does wear masks. We got to sporting events that are at 100% go to store without them and everything. None of us caught covid.
So there is a chance that if you never put a mask on that you wouldn’t have caught it.
But then again maybe it did prevent your from catching it. No one will ever know.
I’m super excited that DeSantis is protecting people’s right though when it comes to vaccine or no vaccine.

Same here, rarely have worn them this whole time and spend many hours places with many other maskless people close together. No one in my immediate family has had covid let alone gotten sick overall.

Then keep your kid masked until they can get vaccinated too.

Remember, just because a business decides to drop mask requirements doesn't mean you can't still voluntarily wear a mask.

It’s a suffocation risk for under 2.

I agree that outdoors will be dropped sooner than indoors. I wonder if indoor compliance would be better if outdoors is dropped. Maybe people will be more willing to wear one properly inside if they have a break from one on the crazy heat and can drink and eat while being outside and walking. From recent reports compliance has decreased, but maybe lifting outdoors will be a happy medium for everyone
I think it will be the opposite. So many people will forget to put it on or try to take it down as soon as they are away from a CM. I hear it’s already bad so if they are only required inside, I think it will get worse. With that said, I hope they drop outdoors.

I don’t want unvaccinated people around my unvaccinated kids unmasked. If I could vaccinate them I would but my youngest is 11. I vaccinate them for the flu every year which is why I don’t worry about the flu. This is going to be very tricky for any business.
Have you looked at the stats? Covid poses much less of a risk than the flu to children. The media has done a serious number on most people’s risk analysis.

Do you just let the vaccinated people go maskless? Because that’s CDCs guidance, not a mask less free for all. And how can Disney know who is and who isn’t?

That’s not what the CDC said, but Chapek’s comments seem as if the mask mandate will be dropped for all outdoors. So yes, letting unvaccinated go maskless outdoors is what it seems they would be doing.

That’s not what the CDC said, but Chapek’s comments seem as if the mask mandate will be dropped for all outdoors. So yes, letting unvaccinated go maskless outdoors is what it seems they would be doing.

Yeah it will be interesting to see if he sticks to that comment. It would be a 180 from how Disney has behaved up until now. But that was a rough earnings call so maybe his hands will be forced. His statement was not backed by what the CDC said though, as there’s no way to have the Disney crowds be fully vaccinated. He either misinterpreted or veered off on his own. Time will tell.

Many people with COVID are asymptomatic, meaning they have no symptoms. They can spread the virus to people who do have symptoms. Such are the perils of this virus. Unless you get tested for antibodies, you don't really know if you haven't had it. I know I've wondered a few times if I've had it. I was in New York City right before the shutdowns.

Anyway, hopefully, this chapter in history will continue to fade away.

No I’m sure many arent that happy that unvaccinated adults would now have the chance to breath on their yet to be vaccinated children at WDW.

NOTHING HAS CHANGED YET AT WDW.

And as much as it pains me to say it, IF it does change, those who have an issue with it can elect to not visit at this time. I said the same thing about people unhappy with the mask requirement.

Sorry to rain on the parade but Fauci saying today that kids should still wear masks. What businesses will do with that info remains to be seen. Mortality rate aside, children can still catch it and spread it. We are in a tricky gray area right now but hopefully not for long.

The anecdotes about not wearing masks don’t prove any point except making people look inconsiderate. You weren’t safe from covid because you didn’t wear a mask, but because you were lucky enough not to encounter someone with covid. We wore masks everywhere until my husband had to go to the ER and be unmasked for a few procedures. He brought home COVID to all of us including my seven year old who was sick with a fever and lost his sense of smell/taste. None of us are completely back to normal. Really don’t appreciate people downplaying it or pretending masks don’t work 14 months into this.

No I’m sure many arent that happy that unvaccinated adults would now have the chance to breath on their yet to be vaccinated children at WDW.

I think someone being able to breathe directly into your child’s face would be pretty hard - we are just talking about walking around outdoors, where you are passing by people quickly. This isn’t indoors or in queues. Nobody will be any closer to your kids face then they are at a Disney pool.

Yeah it will be interesting to see if he sticks to that comment. It would be a 180 from how Disney has behaved up until now. But that was a rough earnings call so maybe his hands will be forced. His statement was not backed by what the CDC said though, as there’s no way to have the Disney crowds be fully vaccinated. He either misinterpreted or veered off on his own. Time will tell.

They also have had chances to see how different things are playing out. Other theme parks have dropped masks outdoors, some even only inside places. Plus in NE florida there was the county fair that brought in like 20K people over 11 days with very little masks and extremly crowded many times (like shoulder to shoulder). Plus jacksonville has hosted a few indoor events that were sold out full capacity with no masks either and those events were all a few weeks ago and no outbreaks being linked to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter