New Bounceback: Free Dining 2019

Since Swan and dolphin aren't Disney resorts...no. Plus you can't use the DDP at their restaurants

Right, but while staying there you can't get a BB offer for a Disney hotel, right? I get confused about what Disney perks you do get there, but I guess signing up for a BB isn't one of them. But @wdw4rfam says I can do it using DVC so I can do it during that stay.

Someone please help me make sure I have this straight: We have APs that expire in January. We want to get Universal APs instead of Disney next year so we will not be renewing. However, we will want to purchase Disney passes for 2020. If during my upcoming stay at BLT, I get BB for free dinging for a December of 2019 stay and purchase the regular price tickets, we would be able to upgrade those to APs. How long do you have to upgrade the regular ticket to an AP? Does it have to be during your stay or is there a grace period? SO the only downside to this is that I would have to pay full price for the room rather than get the AP discount, correct?

Also, how much money do you have to pay in advance? And if I change my mind, I can get a full refund?

Right, but while staying there you can't get a BB offer for a Disney hotel, right? I get confused about what Disney perks you do get there, but I guess signing up for a BB isn't one of them. But @wdw4rfam says I can do it using DVC so I can do it during that stay.

Someone please help me make sure I have this straight: We have APs that expire in January. We want to get Universal APs instead of Disney next year so we will not be renewing. However, we will want to purchase Disney passes for 2020. If during my upcoming stay at BLT, I get BB for free dinging for a December of 2019 stay and purchase the regular price tickets, we would be able to upgrade those to APs. How long do you have to upgrade the regular ticket to an AP? Does it have to be during your stay or is there a grace period? SO the only downside to this is that I would have to pay full price for the room rather than get the AP discount, correct?

Also, how much money do you have to pay in advance? And if I change my mind, I can get a full refund?
You have to pay a $200 refundable deposit now with the rest due 30 days before arrival. If you cancel more than 30 days out you get your $200 back, if you cancel within 30 days before arrival you lose the $200. And yes, you can upgrade your tickets to APs but there is no grace period that I'm aware of. To my knowledge you can upgrade as long as there are days left on your ticket and you're within 14 days of first use. Your last park day would work but not the day after, even if that's within 14 days of first use.

Any idea of whether or not this is an indication of the dates for a Regular Bounceback for next December? I want to go next December but not exactly within those dates, I was hoping to book a regular bounceback when I go this December but could swing down for 1 day to book free dining if no one thinks that the first part of December won't be available for a regular bounceback.
I am wondering the same thing. We go this December and want to also go early December 2019 for a long weekend but I’m not sure which weekends will be under RO bb

I am wondering the same thing. We go this December and want to also go early December 2019 for a long weekend but I’m not sure which weekends will be under bb
The dates of the room only BB for 2018 were:
January 1-3, 7-11, 15-18, 21-25, 28-31
• February 1, 4-7, 11-15, 19-22, 25-28
• March 1, 4-8
• April 3-5, 8-12, 15-30
• May 1-24, 28-31
• June, July, August 1-30
• September 4-29
• December 7-22
So, I'd say there's a good chance of December dates for it.

The dates of the room only BB for 2018 were:
January 1-3, 7-11, 15-18, 21-25, 28-31
• February 1, 4-7, 11-15, 19-22, 25-28
• March 1, 4-8
• April 3-5, 8-12, 15-30
• May 1-24, 28-31
• June, July, August 1-30
• September 4-29
• December 7-22
So, I'd say there's a good chance of December dates for it.
Thanks for the info! About RO BB: is there a minimum length stay or ticket type requirement ?

Thanks for the info! About RO BB: is there a minimum length stay or ticket type requirement ?
As far as I know it's not a package, so there's no ticket requirements. I'm unsure about length of stay, I've never seen anything stating you have to stay a certain number of days for this discount.

A room discount BB does not involve tickets. You can book as little as a 1 night stay if you wish.

The major difference I see between it and the FD BB is that the room discount only applies to nights that are part of the promotion. For example, the 2018 dates above included Mar 1, 4-8. If you came in for a stay Mar 1-8, you would pay full price for the room on Mar 2 & 3.

We have been planning an 8 night December 2019 vacation for some time now. We have been crunching the numbers between renting points, Free Dining, CM discounts, AP discounts until I am about to go nuts. We will have 9 of us and we had planned on getting 3 rooms at PO-R or PO-FQ, or renting a 2 Bedroom at the Beach Club Villas and adding the Dining Plan. My wife and adult daughter are taking a Halloween party weekend in late October this year with 2 other adults (our niece and my wife's cousin) and 1 child staying in an Alligator Bayou room at Riverside and we hope this will help us on our 2019 trip. From what I have read on the previous posts it looks like we could possibly do this:

1. Book BB FD for December 7-15. My wife could book one room (for her and me to stay in). My adult daughter could book another room (for her and a friend to stay in). Could my niece book a room and change it to my son's name? She is not planning on going on the December 2018 trip, but my son and his family will be. There will be 2 adults and 2 children in the room. Will it be a problem booking the 3rd room?

2. Would it be hard to get PO-Riverside Garden view since it is so late in the booking period?

3. We had already priced Free Dining with the possibility of booking next April, but this would secure this well ahead of time. We had already planned on 6 Day Park Hoppers. Would the advance payment discount apply because we will have paid off the vacation by the 30 day mark?

4. Our deposit would be $600, ($200 per room). Is that correct?

5. One last question, can we put all three rooms together on one reservation for convenience?

We have never done a Bounce Back before, but if we could get this it would be great. Any help would be appreciated.

For number 2 when we went last August 25th the only rooms left for this year's August dates in POR were King beds and Royal Rooms. We were able to get a River View for late June this year too but standard, pool and garden were all gone. We cancelled June.

Excited to see this offer and think I will book for December of next year with this offer. Does this lock you ticket prices in as long as you don't modify the reservation? I would like to lock my ticket price in prior to the increase that will come with SW opening.

Excited to see this offer and think I will book for December of next year with this offer. Does this lock you ticket prices in as long as you don't modify the reservation? I would like to lock my ticket price in prior to the increase that will come with SW opening.
Yes, as long as you don't modify your reservation.

We have been planning an 8 night December 2019 vacation for some time now. We have been crunching the numbers between renting points, Free Dining, CM discounts, AP discounts until I am about to go nuts. We will have 9 of us and we had planned on getting 3 rooms at PO-R or PO-FQ, or renting a 2 Bedroom at the Beach Club Villas and adding the Dining Plan. My wife and adult daughter are taking a Halloween party weekend in late October this year with 2 other adults (our niece and my wife's cousin) and 1 child staying in an Alligator Bayou room at Riverside and we hope this will help us on our 2019 trip. From what I have read on the previous posts it looks like we could possibly do this:

1. Book BB FD for December 7-15. My wife could book one room (for her and me to stay in). My adult daughter could book another room (for her and a friend to stay in). Could my niece book a room and change it to my son's name? She is not planning on going on the December 2018 trip, but my son and his family will be. There will be 2 adults and 2 children in the room. Will it be a problem booking the 3rd room?

2. Would it be hard to get PO-Riverside Garden view since it is so late in the booking period?

3. We had already priced Free Dining with the possibility of booking next April, but this would secure this well ahead of time. We had already planned on 6 Day Park Hoppers. Would the advance payment discount apply because we will have paid off the vacation by the 30 day mark?

5. One last question, can we put all three rooms together on one reservation for convenience?

We have never done a Bounce Back before, but if we could get this it would be great. Any help would be appreciated.

Someone already answered #2, though I will also add I’ve never had trouble getting the room category I wanted with a bounce back. Like anything, probably hit or miss.

I do not believe your niece would be able to transfer the room to your son. From what I remember, the person has to be a part of the party. Now I have heard conflicting reports where a person was able to book two rooms. I’ve never done it myself, and didn’t think it was possible, but someone said they were able to do it last year so it may be worth it for your wife to see if she can get two. Another option is to upgrade to the deluxe dining plan, have your son book their room with a discount, and then share the ts credits with their room (I suppose this would only work if you were planning to upgrade to the regular dining plan to start with). Or still hope for a free dining offer in April like you planned. As for linking the reservations, you can have the cast member note you are one party but I don’t think they can make it one reservation.

Ummm, what advance payment discount? I’ve been going to WDW for over 25 years, always onsite & have never heard anything like that. Also, since free Dining is a package, it must be paid by 30days out. That isn’t optional.

As PP said, there have been conflicting reports on how many rooms you can book with the BB offer. Traditionally, you could book 1 room per adult, but that adult did need to be going on the return trip. There have been some reports in the last year or so of being able to book more than 1 room each. So it is possible your wife may be able to book 2 rooms. The only way to know for sure is for her to call & ask when she is there. She may get lucky.

As far as room availability, remember that will vary depending on your dates, resort, room type & length is stay. Ex: Just because the room wasn’t available for someone else staying 4 nights checking in December 8, doesn’t mean it won’t be available for you, staying 7 nights checking in December 7. Again, the only way to know will be to call & see what is available when there. And there may not be 3 rooms available at your preferred resort or in the same room category.

Yes, the deposit is $200 per room. Must be paid when they book. If your wife is allowed to book more than 1 room, there is a possibility both rooms can be on 1 reservation. If they are only allowed to book 1 room each, then each room will be a separate reservation.

Talk over all possibilities & get some type of plan or at least a list of priorities so your wife & daughter will be prepared to make decisions when they call.

Last edited:
They never have 2 bouncebacks going at the same time do they? I am planning on going for 1 day at the end of August to book BB free dining for next December but also going in June of 2019. I was wondering if I could book all 3 at the same time. The free dining for June is not within my June dates.

They never have 2 bouncebacks going at the same time do they? I am planning on going for 1 day at the end of August to book BB free dining for next December but also going in June of 2019. I was wondering if I could book all 3 at the same time. The free dining for June is not within my June dates.
I think until 8/15 you can get both the room only BB until the end of this year and the free dining BB, but as far as dates for next year with a room only discount, I believe that won't be out until November. Of course, it never hurts to ask when you call to book the FD BB.

Just to verify....will you get FD for your entire stay, even if you check in on the last day of the offer? For example, check in Sept 7 2019, get free dining for Sept 7- Sept 14. Thanks!

What a bummer. I'm finally staying when they offer the free dining bounce back but since the change of mod to a QS plan I don't think it's really going to be a good value for us anymore. Anyone know what they cost is to upgrade?

What a bummer. I'm finally staying when they offer the free dining bounce back but since the change of mod to a QS plan I don't think it's really going to be a good value for us anymore. Anyone know what they cost is to upgrade?
It's just the difference in cost between the two plans per night. Right now, QS is $52.50 per adult and $21.74 per child per night. The DDP is $75.49/adult, $25.75/child per night. So, for adults you'll pay around $23/night to upgrade and kids $4/night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter